Respected Contributor

Re: Project Runway Reunion Special Spoilers

@LoriLori wrote:

I am aware of that although she is regional so that's limited success.  Annabelle's question was specifically about Project Runway contestants who have sold on QVC.  So what she does in her stores in Houston is irrelevant.  For whatever reason she was not successful on QVC.

If anyone can think of other PR contestants who have sold on QVC or HSN and don't anymore or still do, would be interested to read about them.

I was not responding to your post.

Honored Contributor

http://www.buzzfeed.com/bricesander/where-are-they-now-all-13-project-runway-winner-wn2y#.cyMmW46jlv

While trying to find some of the people who've been on QVC and only a few times I cam across this.

I don't know who the 2 males were that were on QVC at the time or where they came from but they came and only made a few visits and were never seen again.  Maybe they hit it off big time.  I don't know but they were the two I was thinking about.

Honored Contributor

OMG I'm watching an Adele concert and it just hit me, imagining Ashlee designing for Adele.  I burst out laughing.  Someone designs beautiful, appropriate, flattering clohes in lush fabrics for Adele.  That someone will never, ever be Ashlee.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Lori, you made me laugh out loud!  I wonder what makes it different that some people get to have clothes sold on QVC (can't remember their names) from TV shows (not just stars) while most don't.

Does someone back them up?  They usually disappear.  Any ideas?

@Annabellethecat66. there were Chloe Dao (season three, I think), Dimitri Sokolov (I think that's his last name), and Seth Arron (season winner & All Stars winner). 

Those are the only three I know of who have sold their clothes at QVC. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Laura Bennett had a lovely line for QVC.  It was a bit more pricey than other lines at QVC. Unfortunately it seems most of the better lines here fade away. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Personally, I didn't find any of the contestants this season to be the least bit extraordinary.

And the finale where they claim to send three to Fashion Week hasn't been so in many seasons as they have to stack the deck at the last minute to always include a fourth participant.

And the show has gotten to be quite politically correct. I mean, one just KNOWS who will be in the finale and which will be saved for all sorts of reasons other than their work.

The producers already know who they want in the finale (and to win most likely) when they cast each season. As a savvy viewer you can just see and feel it - from episode one.

The seasons have gotten tedious because you just watch the process to its obvious conclusion for weeks on end.

Ashley's items were fair. Mexico City in the 50s, it was not. I mean, without the nod to something Frida Kahlo on their heads, it really was Shelley Winters attends her grandson's wedding in 1968 collection.

The reunion was full of pis*y attitude off of all of the contestants. They barely even discussed fashion or the creative process. Instead, it was like a verbal fight in the cafeteria of a high school.

Ashley was far too reactive. And as it was a competition, obviously it was clear that none of the other contestants were there to make her feel good or to put her head in a good place.

Its not quite their job as her competitors to do so, though, is it? Psyching out the competition is often 90% of competition, truth be told. Someone should have told Ashley that.

Honored Contributor

surfk wrote (among other things):

Ashley's items were fair. Mexico City in the 50s, it was not. I mean, without the nod to something Frida Kahlo on their heads, it really was Shelley Winters attends her grandson's wedding in 1968 collection.

OMG, @surfk, thank you for making me laugh so hard I spewed iced tea!  That is soooooooooooooo funny.  I'm having trouble typing I'm still laughing so hard.  

Honored Contributor

Thanks BeBe.  The two I remember was Aaron (the last name) and Chloe Dao.

The guy (Aaron) was on just recently.