Honored Contributor

Project Runway Reunion Special Spoilers

For those interested, it's on now.

New Contributor

Re: Project Runway Reunion Special Spoilers

Thank you

Honored Contributor

I thought the reunion show was almost painful to watch. There was major dysfunction among the women, even in the mean girls group. Behind her back, there was no love for Candace even with her buddies. 

When Lori called that group of girls on the carpet for trying to throw Ashley under the bus, they all went wild. None of their protestations sounded sincere. What I heard was a lot of anger at having been caught playing unfair. 

But there were so many issues between various designers. I wonder if that was a factor in what made this past season so unwatchable. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I dont think it was all the "mean girls" fault for the problems in the paint ball project.... when Ashley got chosen last she got hurt and from then on you could see that she was uncomfortable.... and she seemed to expect the others on her team to take care of her emotions.   I watched her body language, the way she stood and where she sat.... she hardly said anything in the group.... she sat away from the group....

We all know that it is not fun being chosen last... but this was a project and the drama didnt help these girls get this project done....

Adults are responsible for taking care of their own emotions... and all of us have been chosen last at one time or another in a group.... we have to put our "big girl panties" on and take it with a grain of salt... and deal with our emotions in our own time.   These designers are not therapists... they didnt know how to deal with the situation.   

I see Ashley as equally to blame for the problems in the situation.

Honored Contributor

Ashley came to the show with a LOT of emotional baggage.  It was all put out there in her first diary entry about her life and how she has no confidence and blah blah blah.

You are responsible for your own life. 

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I agree with all of you.  It was painful to watch.  I think in life if you walk around angry life is almost like a mirror reflection back at you.  If you go toward someone with a smile, they might not smile back but they won't scowl back.

I think she had a difficult time being so overweight and she carries the emotional pain with her.  If she wants to be successful, she will need to let it go and realize not everyone is out to get her.

I don't think she should have won.  (I'm sorry, but I don't).  I remember some of her things were way too big on the models.  Remember that two piece and how it didn't look finished?  Remember how big the top was?

The whole big deal with her is that she's designing for plus sizes (I think that's right).  That works, I'm a plus size but I'd never wear any of her clothes.

On another note.  I saw some of the new Project Runway Junior with the young children.  Unfortunately, I fell asleep.

Honored Contributor

There was a reunion?  :yawn:  I seriously didn't even know that.  Was there a fan favorite or did they stop doing that?

Honored Contributor

:yawn:  The last thing I want is to hear more from these people.  I guess if I had to pick a fan fave it would be Kelly only because she bugged me less than the others.

Honored Contributor

Isn't there a post somewhere where Tim said this was his least favorite year?

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Isn't there a post somewhere where Tim said this was his least favorite year?

@Annabellethecat66  Tim did not admit that during the reunion show, so a bit disingnenous of him, but I think his feelings showed througout the series.