Esteemed Contributor

Re: Project Runway, 8/28/14 Episode

On 8/31/2014 annabellethecat said:

I forgot to say it was the blouse (not the pants) that supposedly made Heidi and the others vote for that guy. That made me even more angry.

Part of my problem with PR is that I fast forward over the workroom - therefore missing a lot. The question I have is who DESIGNED the blouse? Was it Sean's original design and Kini just went ahead and sewed it because he was done with his dress (because he works so fast) or did Kini create the entire concept on his own?

I was a little surprised that Sean didn't comment on the blouse when the judges asked who should win. But, I don't think he did it deliberately - I do watch the judging (LOL!), but I can't remember exactly what they said - I think they had spent quite a bit of time going on about the pants when they were talking to the contestants, so it may not have been on his mind. Or, I could be wrong! I do believe it was the blouse that got him the win.

Valued Contributor

Alter Ego, Shawn did design the blouse, but Kini brought it to life while Shawn spent all of his time on those pants. Shawn would have had to send down a topless model or pants and blouse that were less well-crafted if Kini hadn't helped him so really he couldn't have won without Kini's help and, ethically, he probably should have mentioned that, but he wanted the win. I believe the win would have gone to Kini if the judges knew what happened in the workroom.

This has happened more than once on PR and sometimes the designers mention the help they received and sometimes they don't. IMHO, as hard as it is to tell the judges because this is an elimination competition plus you get immunity if you win, it is better to mention you received help. It just makes you a better person, but I can certainly understand the reluctance to do so.

Super Contributor

Others have helped sewing garments but I never remember someone winning because they had extra help.

Kini probably should have spoken up but it was Sean who really should have given credit where credit was do. Saying he should win because he always comes in second is cowardly. This will come back and bite him in the you know what.