Respected Contributor

Project Runway, 8/28/14 Episode

That was kind of underwhelming. Kini was robbed and Sean should have said that Kini made 3/4 of the looks. I'm wondering what the previews for next week mean. Either Tim brings back Shar or he calls Sean on the carpet and the win is awarded to Kini. Hmmm.

I'm with the judges this week, although I did like Fade's. I think Heidi is going to start showing him some love.

Korina was trying to get in Amanda's head and it worked for a little while. Every time Korina was talking to Amanda or about her, she had this s**t eating grin on her face. Since she can't design her way into the top, she decided to try and mess up Amanda's game. While I am mostly neutral on Amanda, I don't like to see someone do what Korina is trying to do. I hope she gets sent home.

I was feeling nostalgic for the old PR. Remember when they would send the designers to Paris or Rome or somewhere fabulous every season? I miss that. I also miss the 2 day challenges. *sigh*

Valued Contributor

Re: Project Runway, 8/28/14 Episode

I remember the episode where they sent them to Paris (or was it 2 episodes?). Anyway that was pretty great and the designers were so happy and inspired. That was a long time ago and I think they were on Bravo then, not Lifetime so maybe that is the difference

I too wish they would have a few 2-day challenges, I get so tired of them having to construct everything in basically a day and a half. Think of how much more interesting the designs might be if they had a whole additional day! And remember when they used to have 5 months to design and sew their collections? I guess since they have two competitions a year, they had to reduce the time so that they all had the same amount of time to create for Fashion Week for Spring and Fall

re Tim, I don't think they would change the winner just because it was Kini who sewed the blouse. That has happened more than once on PR and they never did anything about it - I'm not sure what would be different about this time unless it was the construction of the blouse that turned the victory to Shawn. I really like Kini and I hope he makes it to the finale - what would he do with six weeks to sew 10 looks!Smile

I think Char is worth saving so I hope that Tim changed his mind - it actually wasn't nice when he said he would save her if they were a few more challenges in i.e. I like you, but I think there are others worth saving before you. You can think it, but you shouldn't say it. Besides, that is obvious since he didn't save her right then. It will be interesting to see what Tim's announcement is about - probably neither of these things!

Respected Contributor

I am sure you are right about Sean keeping his win. The more I think about it, the more I think Char will be back. I guess I will find out or if I have fallen for misdirection. You are right about the trip to Paris. That was on Bravo with the Magic Elves as producers. I remember the one season with Texas Daniel where they split everyone up and sent them to different cities for about one day. He went to Berlin and Heidi loved his outfit. The one who went to Madrid was eliminated and I don't remember where the rest went. I think Bunim and Murray are all about the drama and are trying to milk this for every penny, so they make the designers do everything in one day. One day challenges used to be rare, like the unconventional materials challenge.
Valued Contributor

Oh yes, I had forgotten they sent each of them to a different city. The one who went to Spain went to Barcelona and was inspired by the cathedral right? That was a really good challenge! Too bad the current producers are too cheap to send them out again - they could even go to different cities in the U.S. - Dallas, San Francisco, Seattle, Detroit, Kansas City, Boston, Miami and many other possibilities! That be so fun.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I remember Paris was won by Michael from Atlanta, right? He created a flowy gown or pantsuit that the Paris judge just fell in love with.

You know what is really funny. Remember Jay, the first season winner? He sent his models down the runway with knit caps and these big earphones on. Who knew he was just 10 years ahead of his time?! People wear those colorful Beats earphones now as a statement{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Respected Contributor

I do remember Jay. I did not care for his collection, but he had a POV and, as you said, he was a visionary. You are right about Barcelona. Was that designer the goth blonde? I can see her face but can't remember her name. It would interesting if they would send them out into the city to find inspiration, like the 2nd season. What happened to Andre? Lol. Santino did such a good impression of Tim.
Trusted Contributor

Kine lost because he didn't open his mouth and tell the judges that he made the top to Sean's outfit.

I don't believe anyone will be brought back next week.

Valued Contributor

Cosmic1: OMG Santino did a dead-on impression of Tim. I do remember how he would always start with "Aaan-dre" and then say something outrageous. Makes me smile just to think of it. I bet it was hilarious in the workroom! Santino drove me crazy on the show, but I bet he was fun to be around in real life. Andre was so emotional all the time, I wonder if that was just from being so tired. I think he did an All-Stars and was eliminated early-ish, but I 'm not sure. I might be mixing him up with someone else.

I went back to see just who was eliminated for Barcelona (ended up watching the whole episodeSmile) and got 2 surprises: 1) the original episode aired in April 2013! I thought it was so much longer ago than that. I guess with all the extra competitions (regular PR, PR All-Stars, Tim's Mentoring show) it seems longer ago than it really was. 2) the girl who went home was a very young woman named Layana and I didn't even remember her when I saw her. I wonder what she is doing now. They all agreed she was a good commercial designer so I wonder if she is working for someone now. Guess I will have to google her and see if I see anything.

Game-on: Do you have any thoughts about what Tim's announcement might be? It could be totally unrelated to Kini or Char. He seemed serious whatever it was.

Respected Contributor

Mewsmomtoo, I am shocked by that too. That was last year! I think you are right; they have so many versions of the show that it seems much longer ago. I remember Andre being on an All Stars show too. With my memory, maybe it was last year too. Lol.
Honored Contributor

I didn't like the way the guy won and only did the pants (have trouble with names). I understand that the voters didn't know the other guy made the outfit they "loved" but yet didn't vote him the winner, made the pants.

I think something should have been said about that. That guy needs to speak up! He's good and he's fast.

Honored Contributor

I forgot to say it was the blouse (not the pants) that supposedly made Heidi and the others vote for that guy. That made me even more angry.