Honored Contributor

Re: Project Runway 6/6 - Back to Bravo - SPOILERS

And now may I wish you all a fierce Fourth of July!

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

Oh @Icegoddess  I wish I could have a pet but I got sandbagged when I bought this place as it said pets under 15 pounds and then told me I can't have anything.  I was devastated as this will in all likelyhood be my last home.  And I love Maine Coons, they are one of my favorites and since I always had dogs thought that would be a good breed for me to look into too.

Thanks again for sharing your kitteh information, I really appreciate it!

Oh @momtochloe that is so sad, and also bait and switch.  It's also the reason an HOA is a total non-starter for me.  Nobody's business what I have INSIDE my house as long as it's legal.  I walk a fine line just trying to make sure my front yard is presentable to neighborhood standards although they couldn't do anything about it if I didn't.  Just considering property values.  But, the front yard is the only place that gets sun and I really want to grow a few veggies.  However, my two faves, corn and okra are kinda out of the question.  

I recently saw a quite long story of a man's fight against the HOA he inherited with his father's home.  Luckily, his father had warned him, so he wasn't completely blind-sighted. They even hired a contractor to remove trees in his yard without his permission.  That was the breaking point and he went to court.  In the end, he won, they had to pay him damages, and they got kicked out of the HOA and I think lost their homes or ended up selling them at a greatly reduced rate to be able to pay those damages.  

Honored Contributor

And back to fashion @LoriLori @momtochloe @Yahooey @MarnieRez3 I used to love Victoria's Secret, well except the bras.  I could never wear them even after they started offering A-cups.  But, over the years their quality has really suffered.  I do still wear their panties only because I can't easily find the style I like elsewhere, but they are nowhere near the quality they used to be.  Also, even the style I have always worn has changed over the years.  If you read the description of their high-leg brief it still says "sits at the waist" and that could not be further from the truth.  They are much closer to bikinis now.  Years ago their panties didn't have side seams.  Come to find out they stole that from a lady who was trying to sell that to them and she sued.  

I used to get their catalogues ad-nauseum and then they finally opened a B&M store in my area.  There was a bra in the catalogue I liked and it came in an A-cup so I trotted down to the store to find it.  After looking around for awhile a salesperson came over and asked if she could help me.  I showed her the bra I was looking for and she kinda sneered at me and said "We have these two styles in an A."  They looked like training bras.  I was so disheartened.  Why is it people think small chested women don't want sexy lingerie?  And that has been a struggle for me all my adult life.  Even now, when I settle on a bra style I like and know will fit, the stores don't carry them and I end up having to order online.  

Trusted Contributor

@Yahooey
@momtochloe
@LoriLori
@Icegoddess

Happy Fourth to all!
I thank you for all these creative Fourth of July pictures!! Those star-spangled stilettos are TDF.

Yahooey...Zoe is ADORABLE. I cannot handle that sweet face with those fabulous markings. What a little love bunny. (And soooo brave to take on those killer stuffed bunnies!😂)

I have to say, Ice, I have never even been inside a Victoria's Secret store. There just never was one near me as I was growing up, and my mother was hugely practical so we used to get our bras and underwear at places like Sears, Mervyns, Kohls, etc. I grew up wearing old-school brands like Vanity Fair and Bali, and those old habits die hard.
When I moved out on my own, I got fitted at a Nordstrom and fell in love with Wacoal bras. They are not very sexy, but they are supportive and harness my girls like no other brand. They are hugely expensive and I handwash them to preserve the fit.
Do you know my daughter and her friends all wear camisoles with built-in shelf bra support and "bralettes?" They have no idea the misery underwire bras used to bring my generation!
I wish you all a safe Red, White and Blue day. Sending you all good thoughts and kitty hugs across the miles. @momtochloe You deserve a pet...that bait and switch makes me heartsick. So incredibly wrong.
Honored Contributor

@MarnieRez3 I should try a bralette.  They are pretty and I don't need the support.  But, I still wear underwire.  I don't NEED support, but it gives me a little shape.  I have always bought my bras at a local department store like Dillards or Parisian and then Kohls when we got one of those.  Can't wear Vanity Fair or Bali.  Mostly I wear Maidenform although for awhile I wore a brand called Barely There, but I don't think they're around anymore.  I like a demi-cup which gives my A girls a little bit of a cleavage rather than total coverage.  That's about as fancy as I get.  And like I said, I still have to order those online since they rarely have the A's in the store.  

I'm not complaining about my size though.  I have come to appreciate it.  I used to feel inadequate and people around me didn't help, including my best friend who told me that a fiberfill bra was considered padded.  No, those bras with little pillows in them are padded.  Fiberfill just keeps the nips from making an appearance.  But, being small has it's advantages especially for an active person.  And even at 61 I can go braless in my skating costumes and my girls are where they should be.  Not much worse than having the girls hang low in a skating costume.  Well, maybe Miss Piggy Butt because the skirt is too short.  That's a big pet peeve for me and one reason I started making my own costumes.  Ready-made costumes are designed for a teen's figure, not an adult's.  

Trusted Contributor

@Icegoddess
I love the way you reframed it all and found the silver lining. It's great to appreciate ourselves!
Now, with that said, I am sooo jealous that you can go without a bra! If I do that, to quote Joan Rivers, "I can have a mammogram and a pedicure at the same time...."
It isn't pretty, gurlfriend!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess  oh goodness my history with them . . . sigh.  When I really didn't need to wear a bra back in the day I could never shop there and now when I need a bra . . . well . . . let's just say I am not their target demographic.

I used to buy my "drawers" there but actually I bought a lot of their clothes mostly.  Cute stuff but questionable quality even back then (maybe late 80's-ish?).  Bought a nice linen suit and the skirt had one of those double flap sailor pant type buttons.  Adorable.  Until the fabric started to split about an inch away from the buttons (and please know at that time I had room in their smallest size).  I was horried as by the end of my work day I was literally holding onto the skirt for dear life as any attempt to pin it closed was met with more unraveling of the fabric.

And I hear you about finding pretty lingerie when you are a bit smaller on top.  I never dated much but when I met my now ex-husband I wanted to wear pretty things but yeah, no . . .Smiley Sad

And @MarnieRez3  thank you so much for my laugh out loud of the day with that Joan Rivers quote!  I ran out earlier today to snag some last minute sales at the grocery store and was dripping wet by the time I got home in all this humidity and let's just say Joan's description pretty much summed up the location of my "glowing" results. . . hee!

Try and stay cool this weekend my friends!