no offense taken of the purple puffs - 

I didn't care for it - just thought it was poofy and funny than WOW

most of the fashion - I was ho hum

the fashion we saw at the entrace to the GALA was much CAMPIER

Honored Contributor

Re: Project Runway 6/6 - Back to Bravo - SPOILERS

@Yahooey 

cc  @momtochloe   @MarnieRez3 

Thank you so much for taking us along to the exhibit.  I read a little of Susan Sontag's essay that inspired it and it felt way over my head so I stopped.  This exhibit has sailed right over my head too...Not sure why the design, why some of those fashions (especially the dress Dali painted; does his having painted it make it camp because to me it's a lovely dress, nothing camp about it).

Sorry you were disappointed.  Last year they knocked it out of the park so this year was bound to pale in comparison but this is beyond the pale.  

Very grateful you posted!!!  

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe   @Yahooey   @MarnieRez3 

Marc Martel has lots of videos of Queen songs.  And the thing is he isn't trying, he's just got Freddie's voice. 

He entered a contest to sing in Roger Taylor (original Queen drummer, existence erased in the movie from what I've heard)'s Queen Extravaganza, which he won and he did for a while.   

Given that and that Roger Taylor and Brian May EP'd Bohemian Rhapsody I will never understand why he wasn't given full credit for his vocals and it's just another thing I won't forgive about that film.

Which is why I like to listen to his singing sometimes:  it's pure Freddie, without the band.

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori @momtochloe @MarnieRez3 

Frankly if this was a PR challenge - many of the displays would have been roasted like a s'more - ha ha camping

There were many tshirts with sayings - like we never saw that before

Many male/female components - pants with large skirt and tuxedo jacket

Tuxedo groom on the front - bridal dress in the back - usually you see that male/female left and right

Many using non traditional material - ala poofs, tinsel

I don't know what CAMP is - 

Yes the Dior dress is pretty and I guess the wearer commissioned both the dress and portrait - CAMP? no 

Trusted Contributor

@Yahooey
"Thank you, thank you, thank you," she cried. So THRILLED to get a close up visit to the Met exhibit! (And love that you posted some traditional paintings at the end.) What a treat.
I really love that fluffy Dior dress and the Warhol Campbell's Soup can dress. Too funny that if it were a PR episode, the designers would be roasted! Camping...I get it. 😁
Loved going on a virtual tour of the exhibition anyway, even if you say it was disappointing. The one big room in which the outfits were displayed looks camp to me...sort of like an old set from Laugh-In or Top of the Pops!
I am thankful you took notes and photos. Hope you had a blast in NYC! 💜 I love museums!
Trusted Contributor

@momtochloe
@Yahooey
@Icegoddess
@dooBdoo
@LoriLori

"Holy cheese and crackers," indeed! Hello all!
That clip is incredible...Marc almost sounds better than Freddy when Freddy was in his prime! The range of his voice is really remarkable. He should absolutely get credit for the singing in BoRap, which, I too mistakingly thought was actually Freddy's voice. Thanks very much for posting the clip, LoriX2.

Now I want everyone to see Rocketman after seeing these marvelous pix from the Met gala that yahooey was so kind to share...Rocketman is like "Camp on Steroids" to me.

Yahooey...I'm laughing that Bjork's uber-famous, scene-stealing, statement-making, boundary-pushing swan dress needs to be cleaned!! It does look a tad gray in the photo. Maybe the curators are afraid to wash those delicate feathers as it may be the end of the whole garment.

O/T I wanted to take my daughter and her boyfriend to see Enigma...Lady Gaga's Las Vegas residency show...in November. The first set of tickets have been released, and of course sellers have already jacked up the price on the secondary market to between $900 and $4,000 PER ticket. Really?? Really. Appalling.

Anyone interested: the second set of seats are available tomorrow at 10 am EST. Hope you have better luck than we did. Her show is supposed to be super-camp and she is doing all her big hits.
Honored Contributor

@MarnieRez3 

I guss my name should be yahooeyinny 

my friend retired from the museum so she still can get in free w/guests

she was behind the scenes and wiorked there for many years

she also got me to the front of the line of A McQueen which was a GREAT exhibit

Honored Contributor

@MarnieRez3 

those $$$ Holy Cheese and Crackers

that will be our mantra thanks to @momtochloe 

Honored Contributor

I like Elton John music, but I really have no interest in seeing the movie.  I would be more interested in a Biopic than this, and maybe not so graphic as I have heard this one is.  I would like to see Yesterday, but I have to wonder if the best part of the movie is in the trailor.  Plus, I never go to movies alone and I don't see my husband wanting to see it.

A bit off-topic, but movie trailors can be so misleading.  I talked my husband into going to see Gross Anatomy once thinking it was a comedy because all the scenes in the movie trailor were funny.  I really enjoyed the movie, but I also like watching real life ER stuff and that kind of stuff makes him want to barf.  So, you can imagine his reaction to all those scenes of medical students dissecting bodies.

Back on topic, I would much rather look at vintage fashions than camp.  I love vintage, or even a nod to vintage.  I think that was one reason I liked Sebastian's Dream Dress Challenge dress so much.  Although I don't think the black judge (Elaine?) understood that the girl had specifically requested something with a nod to vintage.  She put it down BECAUSE of the nod to vintage.  But Nina got it, and called her out on it. 

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

@MarnieRez3 

those $$$ Holy Cheese and Crackers

that will be our mantra thanks to @momtochloe 

Hee @Yahooey  I used to have quite the potty mouth back in the day but now I have mellowed (and developed quite the taste for snackies . . . Smiley Happy).