Trusted Contributor

Re: Project Runway 6/6 - Back to Bravo - SPOILERS

@sabatini
@Icegoddess

Agreed. I thought this season was full of a lot of people making excuses for their bad designs, starting with Tessa, and continuing right through the selection of The Final Three. After the Runway show, which was shockingly bad except for Seb, out came the excuses:
Garo said he didn't have time to get the dart in the back of that hideous pantsuit; Hester said she sewed her fingernail and hence got blood on her original white fabric choice; and Bishme had family problems, including a recent death and a sister about to undergo chemotherapy. I think earlier in the episode he said he had been homeless for a while, which (I think) was the first time we heard that.
No whiners please and choose better designers next season!
I still love PR...and I hope, as @LoriLori said, that these designers will surprise us with excellent collections that are......wait for it....."cohesive."
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

ITA about the "shockingly bad" runway show, @MarnieRez3 !

I couldn't help but wonder just what was going through the guest judge's mind!

Muddling through...
Trusted Contributor

Oh lovely @sabatini I'm not sure what the judges were thinking, especially with the gold Christmas tree tinsel/fringe stuck randomly on Bishme's romper/hoodie/streetwear for a streetwalker, but I guess I will call myself Ms. Crabby Pants too! Make room for me on that bench please! 😄❤
Respected Contributor

@MarnieRez3 wrote:
Oh lovely @sabatini I'm not sure what the judges were thinking, especially with the gold Christmas tree tinsel/fringe stuck randomly on Bishme's romper/hoodie/streetwear for a streetwalker, but I guess I will call myself Ms. Crabby Pants too! Make room for me on that bench please! 😄❤

That tinsel fringe was gold?! I thought it was orange! Smiley LOL

I'll bring the snacks for the Crabby Bench.

Muddling through...
Trusted Contributor

@sabatini
You're hilarious! Both you and @Yahooey need your own stand-up comedy shows. 😆
Honored Contributor

We're getting sob stories aka human interest infecting formerly enjoyable shows and even the news. Hate that.

I want to see fashion on PR. I don't want Survivor fashion done in the woods, I don't want to see video game fashion, or inspirational fashion. 

I stopped watching Dancing With the Stars when it got soppy.

At least I can depend on Jeopardy. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was sad that Bishme had to leave. I really liked him but that one design was horrible! I don't like any of Hester's designs and don't understand who the judges think would wear any of them! By the way, I like Karly and Christian but I think the whole show was better when Heidi and Tim were on. 

Honored Contributor

@MarnieRez3 wrote:
@Yahooey

I forgot to give you credit for this line in your last post: "Tim Gunn was breaking bread from breakfast to dinner and every aunt and uncle was present." You're hilarious! So true!

Whoa, I take a few days off from the forums for my sanity and so much to unpack...

Lot of posts to catch up on and @'s so sorry if I don't @ the right people or @ too many. 

I love Yahooey's hilarious and true "Tim Gunn was breaking bread from breakfast to dinner and every aunt and uncle was present."  

I thought I was clear but guess not that I was disappointed not to learn about Hester's father because all season we've heard how very ill he was that she and her wife moved to New Mexico to be near him. 

Looking into her I learned she gave up a successful business in NY to do that, one that could only be in New York.  It didn't happen overnight.

So not to see or even learn about her father's condition was disappointing and not good storytelling since they're the ones who made him part of the season.

The rest was fine.  Sebastian's house is very nice but I didn't like Christian's offhand joke that Ft. Lauderdale is like a gay island.  I guess if someone commented on where anyone lived and it was a mischaracterization they would bristle as I did.

There are gay people everywhere there are beaches but Broward County ha a city, Wilton Manors, which is 99.95 gay.  It's small but very nice.  And expensive.  Moreso Miami -- especially South Beach -- and Key West are the big gay havens.

I loved seeing their spaces, could have used a little more time with the finalists but also their collections.  But again, Christian is a far busier man than Tim Gunn and more worldly.

Honored Contributor

@SWEET wrote:

@MarnieRez3 wrote:
@Yahooey
Please do not go over to The Dark Side Bench with @LoriLori and start loving Hester! A little kitsch and whimsy every once in a while is delightful...an entire collection of silly stuff is well, silly. And as you said, that look would only appeal to a sliver of an audience.
I forgot to give you credit for this line in your last post: "Tim Gunn was breaking bread from breakfast to dinner and every aunt and uncle was present." You're hilarious! So true!

Seemed like everyone loved Tim and treated him so kindly and like a family member!  LOL. 

Please do not go loving Hester for her whatever you want to call her designs.  Hers are just too over the top even though I sort of liked her last collection, except for that white dress (I think she did that one).  It reminded me of a little girl's dress.  I don't even think her clothing would appeal to anyone over the age of 30.

I don't love Hester.  I never said I did.  I'm not on her bench.  I disagree with Jane about who would wear her clothes because what is age appropriate is a matter of taste and trends.  Madonna is always being criticized for not dressing her age.  Although I don't like her public persona, I don't think it's a fair criticism for anyone let alone a performer.

Respected Contributor

I was so sad  Bishme went home.  His personal issues just got the best of him and he couldn't get it together to get the Nina requested design done.  That was awful.

Hester's Nina requested design was actually really cute.  If she had gone with her see through/pasty dress, we may have had a different finale.  I really hated that first dress down the runway of hers.  It was extremely unflattering to her model.

I loved Sebastian's designs. They were incredible.  The leather pieces that his dad did were beautiful.

I thought Garo was a tailoring guru.  What happened with that suit?  I know his excuses, but the color choice was not good either.

I will admit to you all--I watched the first couple of minutes and then woke up for the runway and decided to just turn it off and watch it in its entirety the next day.  Which is why I didn't post until today.