Honored Contributor

Re: Project Runway 6/6 - Back to Bravo - SPOILERS

@SWEET wrote:

@MarnieRez3 wrote:
@Yahooey
Please do not go over to The Dark Side Bench with @LoriLori and start loving Hester! A little kitsch and whimsy every once in a while is delightful...an entire collection of silly stuff is well, silly. And as you said, that look would only appeal to a sliver of an audience.
I forgot to give you credit for this line in your last post: "Tim Gunn was breaking bread from breakfast to dinner and every aunt and uncle was present." You're hilarious! So true!

Seemed like everyone loved Tim and treated him so kindly and like a family member!  LOL. 

Please do not go loving Hester for her whatever you want to call her designs.  Hers are just too over the top even though I sort of liked her last collection, except for that white dress (I think she did that one).  It reminded me of a little girl's dress.  I don't even think her clothing would appeal to anyone over the age of 30.

@SWEET 

i liked Hester's red look and the jacket outfit as okay and not over the top as her other looks on the runway. As I mentioned way earlier on the thread - the first look was strictly a schoolgirl fetish outfit. All she needs is pigtails and a lollypop and start charging money. Bad bad yahooey

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@LoriLori wrote:

Speaking of, here's pictures from Bravo of Christian's awesome retreat in lovely Danbury, CT:

https://www.bravotv.com/project-runway/home-design/christian-siriano-connecticut-country-home-photos

So proud we knew him "when."  He's come a long way from being a contestant on PR, living in an apartment in NYC smaller than many closets.

(FYI his bio on the CFDA web site does not mentoin Project Runway.  Snobs.)

Thank you for posting this @LoriLori !  I love the photos and his choice of pool floaties (he must be a riot to live next door to).  And he has furbabies!  My favorite is his bathroom where he makes the very most out of every inch of space in there.  Reminds me of when Tim Gunn went to visit him in NYC and was mesmerized at how well he made every inch of space in his tiny apartment support the beautiful outfits he was creating.

What a darling house and I would love to live there myself.  Yeah right.  The $$$$.  I didnt' realize he and Brad broke up.  I was sure they were going to last forever.  They seemed so happy but you never know. 

Honored Contributor

@SWEET wrote:

As for all 4 designers,most I liked.

Poor Bishme.  So much going on in his life and he put out that horrible dress.  Looked like a clown outfit. That's another reason I was rooting for Bishme since he's from MD.  If it wasn't for that dress he'd have a shot.

For a change I actually liked Hester's except for that white dress.  Horrible on that model and too too short for a "plus size" woman.  I don't think she went too out of the box for a change or crazy.  Can't recall what Nina wanted her to do but I guess she did it.

I feel bad for Bishme with all the family drama; however, he was way behind the curve when Christian came to visit and I don't remember him talking about any family drama holding him back then and he showed up at the workroom with only 8 looks, expecting to make 2 looks during their time there before the show.  So, that tells me he really wasn't ready for this.  I have a hard time believing any of this season's contestants had not seen the show prior to applying, but that could be the case I guess.  

I get that many think Hester's white dress looks like a school girl fantasy, but I really think it's due to the short length paired with the knee high socks.  I would actually like it if it were longer and you got rid of the knee-highs.

Honored Contributor

Hesters designs remind me of Japanese street wear, if it's still even a thing.

Trusted Contributor

@Yahooey 

BAD BAD YAHOOEY!!! HAHAHHAHA Laughing out loud! AGREED - The Catholic School Girl Fetish Dress is two steps away from a club I know in San Francisco - and NOT in a good way! Bring on the lolly pop and start calling your man, "Daddy..." 

Here's the thing - @LoriLori will probably be mad at me from her bench, but I must say this:

Am I wrong to expect a young, forward-thinking LGBTQ woman living and working in Santa Fe to produce fashion that does not rely on OLD stereotypes of women in babydoll dresses, pasties and bondage/picnic dresses?? To me, these are MALE-CENTRIC ideas of what women should look like: submissive, half-dressed and coquetish.

Trusted Contributor

@LoriLori 

HOW could Christian's CFDA bio NOT include Project Runway?? That is just not right - especially when the CFDA brought the designers into their offices onscreen this season, and their top executive was a judge on this week's episode! 

Trusted Contributor

@jellyBEAN 

I had to Google Alice and Olivia - I had never heard of that company...AND, on the opening page of their website, they had a woman lying on a red-and-white checked picnic blanket in a retro Hester-like outfit! Good call, JBean! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MarnieRez3  @LoriLori 

I of simple mind that cannot remember what I ate last night KNOWS that Christian was part of Project Runway.I did not start watching the show until it came on Lifetime (didn't get Bravo back then). I heard of him and I live under a rock.

It is like saying Susan Boyle never appeared on America's Got Talent or Kelly Clarkson never was on Idol. There are some things that are part of the pop culture.

Any designer part of that club would know Christian came from PR. So ridiculous. Who are they trying to fool? Either let him in or don't ... 

Honored Contributor

@MarnieRez3 wrote:

@LoriLori 

HOW could Christian's CFDA bio NOT include Project Runway?? That is just not right - especially when the CFDA brought the designers into their offices onscreen this season, and their top executive was a judge on this week's episode! 

@MarnieRez3 

Maybe they entered using the back door - if you entered throught the back door, are you really there? Kind of like the help that used the side door, they are there but not really there. lol

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess wrote:

I feel bad for Bishme with all the family drama; however, he was way behind the curve when Christian came to visit and I don't remember him talking about any family drama holding him back then and he showed up at the workroom with only 8 looks, expecting to make 2 looks during their time there before the show.  So, that tells me he really wasn't ready for this.  I have a hard time believing any of this season's contestants had not seen the show prior to applying, but that could be the case I guess.  

I've pretty much watched from the beginning, and IMO the caliber of PR designers these days is a far cry from those on earlier shows.

I'm in agreement w/ ,@Icegoddess's comments above, though I'd go even further & say that I was shocked when Bishme made it to the final 4, and was even surprised that he was chosen to be on PR in the first place.

Many of his fabric choices have been dated, & more suited to the Golden Girls than today's fashions.

(What was with the orange tinsel trimming in his final collection?!)

Sure, Bishme is a nice guy, but I'll admit that I'm sick of sob stories....from any contestant on any reality show. Whenever things get dicey, here comes a sob story.

If only they could bring on Ethel Merman singing '...they smile when they are low!Smiley Wink

When the judging was getting harsh for Tessa on the 'What Do You Care About?' episode, she suddenly shared the fact that she'd been molested on national TV, stating that she'd never spoken of it before. 

She got her pity votes.

It's an 'Everybody gets a trophy' world. 

I'm a total hypocrite, however, because I do love the show & will continue to watch.

JMHO

Sorry if I sound like a Ms. Crabby Pants! .

Muddling through...