Honored Contributor

Re: Project Runway 5/30 - Back to Bravo - SPOILERS

@dooBdoo, would love to learn more about Sebastian's background in ballet costume and his family's leatherworking business in the coming week so when you have a chance could you please provide a link?  Thanks.

(BTW not you but others have compared Leeanne and Sebastian. And when I even think of Michelle I get hives LOL.)

LOVE your post about derivation/imitation etc. in art.  So true.  A lot of people I knew at university, some of my friends too, were art majors and when I think of their work and each one thinking they invented the wheel.  One guy built himself a coffin and had friends carry him the long, long way to class and into it and was stunned and so upset when he got a horrible crit.

The bigger picture, the ones who study longer and maybe more seriously, the ones throughout the years who had genius and changed the art world, such an elevated thing to think about.  Thanks. I miss the great museums, it's not the same on line, and my knowledgeable friends I'd go with practically every weekend.  I wish I had people where I am now who IRL know about and/or think about these things.  You're blessed!

This is a little off track but not:  You probably don't watch Doctor Who?  If not, it's about a heroic alien with a time machine who likes to hang out on earth, emergencies have him going back in forth in time, and one of the very best episodes (not JMO) out of hundreds is about Vincent van Gogh.  I won't give a single spoilers.  It's awesome.  Amazon Prime has it -- season 5 episode 10, "Vincent and the Doctor," less than an hour long -- and if you have Prime and time, I know you'll love it.

Valued Contributor

I am so glad Tessa is gone! I didn't like her designs or her attitude! I like Christian and Karly but I miss Heidi and Tim! I just don't think the show is as good now.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Icegoddess,   Is this a public group we can follow?   I'd be interested in looking, if you don't mind sharing the name.😊  

@dooBdoo, It's a Page, not a Group, called Project Runway on Bravo, so you can look, or if you "Like" it posts will appear in your newsfeed.  There's also a Public Group called Project Runway on Bravo Official Group.  Jamal actually posted in that group. Being that it is a Public group, you don't have to be a member to see what's in it.  You might even be able to Follow it without joining although I'm not sure.

ETA:  I just checked, and I see no way to follow a group without joining it.  

I don't join Public groups because I like a little privacy.  Remember when Facebook used to have that sidebar that showed you all of your Friends' activity?  I thought that was quit invasive and a bit creepy.  

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

Just throwing it out there - I wonder how many of them cheat (or is it allowed) when they are home from prying eyes.

Let's face it, many have ideas but they are also some who can't fit a bodice correctly....or finish a hem correctly,...

oh wait, she was sent home but you get the drift

They could partner and have plans to start a line together once they wint $$$

OMG I lost an entire post.  Long.  Because when I posted it, the spacing was messed up and now it's gone.

I never thought about it but agree with what you said about cheating.  We have to hope.

History of cheating, two true accusations and one controversial one:

True:  Season one, Kara Saum.  They're allowed to use others within certain limits as long as they pay.  She had a friend who was a designer of expensive shoes.  She came to NY having had him design every shoe in her collection for free.  She knew it was against the rules and they probably cost more than the whole collection.  Paying for them was out of the question.  When she was told this she got very angry and fought them on it.  She didn't have a leg to stand on no pun intended.  She was made to use the shoes PR provides.  

Depends on how you see it:  Season three, Jeffrey Sebelia.  Jeffrey of the gorgeous yellow gown was the most successful designer ever cast, at the time he was cast.  He had several thriving lines, dressed celebs like Gwen Stefani, etc.  We saw his factory, employees and all, at the home visit...

...Laura Bennett saw his finale collection when they got to NY and, paraphrasing, said it was too good to be true.  She made a fuss and even got in Uli's and Mychael's heads (which they were later sorry about).  She caused tons of drama and Jeffrey cried.  It was hard to watch.

PR audits everyone's receipts.  They found a shortfall.  He forgot to include the money he spent on some custom leatherwork from someone he used in his business.  Whether you believe it was an honest mistake depends on your opinion of Jeffrey.  Mine is high.  Most people's is not...Anyway after all that drama, he didn't put up a fuss like Kara, he admitted he made a mistake and to make up the shortfall he chose to not use the wigs he'd bought for every model to wear.

True::  Andy South, Lifetime Season 5:  It came up in the comments sections of the two most popular blogs about PR (I don't read any blogs now).  A lot of people who knew a lot posted there.  Industry people watch the show.  Other contestants, maybe designers, teachers, people who know things...

...This was after the finale aired.  People noticed one of his garments was identical to that of a pattern-making book by a Japanese designer, Nakamichi Tomoko, not well-known in the U.S.  As word spread it was brought to the attention of the show and its judges.  They never acknowledged it in any way.  Indeed they him back for All Stars.  She had transitioned and is now Ari South.

The garments speak for themselves, I found an obscure link on a site I've never seen before and the rest has been scrubbed.

http://hiphoprevol.blogspot.com/2010/11/plagiarism-on-project-runway.html#.XPKX9HdFxMs

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dooBdoo
Yes, I agree with you...Hester will probably produce a colorful, crazy collection, and the judges will definitely want that.
All hail @LoriLori I agree with all the posters above who thank you for your wise, thoughtful posts and your endless Project Runway knowledge, not to mention all your literary, cultural and sociological references. You make these boards sparkle and shine...and we are so lucky to have you. ❤
@Icegoddessand @SWEET I too am afraid to like ANY Facebook PR group...even the official one...because of spoilers! And...I have to completely avoid this thread before I watch the episode, which, is not easy given all the juicy, funny, smart posts/pics you all write and share.
Anyone who lives west of the live broadcast time has to be careful...PR spoilers are everywhere about 10 minutes after the show broadcasts in EST. Especially after the finale! How do people watching in Hawaii avoid hearing who the winner is before the show broadcasts there?
So...since the taping schedule doesn't coincide with the ACTUAL NYFW, is this just a FAKE NYFW they create for the finale? Color me Confused in California! 🙃

Honored Contributor

@MarnieRez3 wrote:

@dooBdoo
Yes, I agree with you...Hester will probably produce a colorful, crazy collection, and the judges will definitely want that.
All hail @LoriLori I agree with all the posters above who thank you for your wise, thoughtful posts and your endless Project Runway knowledge, not to mention all your literary, cultural and sociological references. You make these boards sparkle and shine...and we are so lucky to have you. ❤
@Icegoddessand @SWEET I too am afraid to like ANY Facebook PR group...even the official one...because of spoilers! And...I have to completely avoid this thread before I watch the episode, which, is not easy given all the juicy, funny, smart posts/pics you all write and share.
Anyone who lives west of the live broadcast time has to be careful...PR spoilers are everywhere about 10 minutes after the show broadcasts in EST. Especially after the finale! How do people watching in Hawaii avoid hearing who the winner is before the show broadcasts there?
So...since the taping schedule doesn't coincide with the ACTUAL NYFW, is this just a FAKE NYFW they create for the finale? Color me Confused in California! 🙃

@MarnieRez3, I actually have also Liked the original Project Runway page from Lifetime.  I'm in Central time zone, but don't know if it airs an hour earlier in Eastern time zone or not.  I'm thinking not, but I'm not sure.  Anyways, I have never been spoiled by that site either.  But, just in case, I have an app called TV Time (TVTime.com) that I can keep up with my TV shows on.  It'll send you a notice a couple of hours before your shows air.  It's particularly helpful when a show takes a short hiatus to keep up with when it returns, like during the Christmas break.  It also has settings that you can use for your social media where if you have not gone into the app and marked that you have seen all the current epiodes, it will cover anything on your Social Media that mentions it.  It'll show up in your media so you know something was posted, but it's covered up unless you click on it.  

Now, it's not a smart app but rather a filter, so if someone in my sewing group, for example, mentions the Project Runway sewing machine, it'll cover that up too.  Another example would be the show Bull.  I'm also a member of a Lost & Found Pets group, so if someone posts about a Pitt Bull, that gets covered up too.

Trusted Contributor

@LoriLori 

et al...

Re: CHEATING ACCUSATIONS

Okay...do NOT get me started on Laura Bennett, from the July 2006 season. She was so UNGRACIOUS to falsely accuse another contestant of cheating - and I think the other two finalists may have joined her in her accusations. I remember Bravo doing an investigation, including examining receipts and the actual garments, and finding no proof Jeffrey Sebelia cheated. And then he WON. 

She actually had a capsule collection on QVC a few years after that season. It was an Epic Fail.

For a long time, she wrote for the Daily Beast - mostly about her life as a rich woman on Park Avenue and raising her kids - I think she has five, including one she was pregnant with on PR.

She was married to the architect Peter L. Shelton, which is the design firm responsible for the groundbreaking Polo Ralph Lauren HQs, (Credit: Wikipedia) but her husband died of cancer in 2012.

Full disclosure: I always find her entitled and privledged beyond compare, but I may just be jealous! 

Trusted Contributor

@Icegoddess  Oh I am going to investigate that APP right now. Thank you, Ice Ice Baby, and neighbor of Amanda Valentine.

Let's plan a group field trip to MOOD - we can check on Swatch (or Swatch II) and buy some of that incredible fabric!  I know you are a true seamstress and there is NO fabric or notions store that looks anything like MOOD where I live. But, we also have no axe-throwing bars near us either!

And, you sweet person, I love pit bulls too...actually, all animals and living creatures, especially rescue cats and doggies. =^..^= 

Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@SWEET, I believe you were the one who mentioned the Facebook group.  I just wanted to mention that I "Liked" the page and I did not end up with any spoilers in my newsfeed.  An hour or two before the show aired here there was a post to plug the upcoming episode and that was all.  Now, had I commented to that post I would've then had notifications every time anybody else commented on that post, but I could ignore them or even turn them off if I wanted to.  

@Icegoddess,   Is this a public group we can follow?   I'd be interested in looking, if you don't mind sharing the name.😊  

The name of the group on Facebook is Project Runway on Bravo. 

Honored Contributor

@MarnieRez3 wrote:

@Icegoddess  Oh I am going to investigate that APP right now. Thank you, Ice Ice Baby, and neighbor of Amanda Valentine.

Let's plan a group field trip to MOOD - we can check on Swatch (or Swatch II) and buy some of that incredible fabric!  I know you are a true seamstress and there is NO fabric or notions store that looks anything like MOOD where I live. But, we also have no axe-throwing bars near us either!

And, you sweet person, I love pit bulls too...actually, all animals and living creatures, especially rescue cats and doggies. =^..^= 

@MarnieRez3, you'll need to have the app installed on one of your mobile devices if you want it to send you notifications of "when to watch", but on the computer is fine for the filtering (or at least that is how I remember it).