Trusted Contributor

Re: Project Runway 5/30 - Back to Bravo - SPOILERS

@Yahooey
I love that you will be playing with Swatch while we go shopping! I'll say it again...You. Are. Hilarious!
@momtochloe
So glad you got off the lawn...and I loved your post! Agreed...Jeffrey acted like the first-born heir waiting for his coronation all during season 6...I can't argue with that.
@Icegoddess
I will not let you spend your retirement fund at Mood. When you reach your set limit, we will go play with @Yahooey and @momtochloe and Swatch in the corner! 😄
@momtochloe
Oh your funny post brings back so many dismal high school Home Ec class memories...Mrs. Roberts would get the shock of her life if she saw the plaid cullottes I tried to sew in 7th grade. (It was simple seams, and I couldn't do it! I even had trouble cutting out the notches on that darn McCall's pattern. And don't get me started on using those pinking shears...)
How can I mock these designers when I ended up taking Woodshop the following year in HS just so I wouldn't have to sew in Home Ec?
Color me Embarrassed! 😄
Honored Contributor

@MarnieRez3 wrote:
@Yahooey
I love that you will be playing with Swatch while we go shopping! I'll say it again...You. Are. Hilarious!
@momtochloe
So glad you got off the lawn...and I loved your post! Agreed...Jeffrey acted like the first-born heir waiting for his coronation all during season 6...I can't argue with that.
@Icegoddess
I will not let you spend your retirement fund at Mood. When you reach your set limit, we will go play with @Yahooey and @momtochloe and Swatch in the corner! 😄
@momtochloe
Oh your funny post brings back so many dismal high school Home Ec class memories...Mrs. Roberts would get the shock of her life if she saw the plaid cullottes I tried to sew in 7th grade. (It was simple seams, and I couldn't do it! I even had trouble cutting out the notches on that darn McCall's pattern. And don't get me started on using those pinking shears...)
How can I mock these designers when I ended up taking Woodshop the following year in HS just so I wouldn't have to sew in Home Ec?
Color me Embarrassed! 😄

Oh @MarnieRez3  my friend, my entire class inadvertenly ended up being the remedial class for that year both in sewing and cooking (that poor woman).

Your mention of patterns brought back memories of me happily picking out a pattern for a top I was more than happy to start.  Unfortunately the fabric I insisted on using (it was double knit with teddy bears all over it) wasn't exactly condusive to all the smocking the pattern required.  How exactly can you say a disaster in the making?  So many people tried to help me "adjust" the fabric but c'mon, it wasn't gonna happen.   . . . . Smiley Embarassed

We also managed to ruin french toast.  I know, you ask how did that happen?  I can still remember members of my team insisting you add the oil to the batter as opposed to the pan . . . the rest is yet another sad memory for Mrs. Roberts . . . . Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@Yahooey wrote:

@momtochloe @Icegoddess @dooBdoo @MarnieRez3 

How do you all remember each cast member and who did what to whom? From years ago...

I remember plotlines from every I love Lucy episode but that's bc I probably watched each one so many times.

I don't follow fashion as much as I used to which consists of thumbing through some magazines. Never followed who showed what at where. Kudos to you @LoriLori for having the gumption to do all the research and spoon feeding it to me.

I would be lost at Mood - you'll find me in the corner playing with Swatch while you ladies shop. I can't sew except for stitching a fallen hem or a button. There was a home eco class I took and the item I sew was hideous. Never attempted anything again.

OT I hope Bob Mackie wins the Tony - his collection of work is breathtaking

The Cher show plays homage to him in a number with all the costumes he designed for her over the years. 

Great show to catch when you are done shopping at Mood

Ah my ffriend @Yahooey please give some thought to sharing your Swatch time as that is all I would be good for.

Poor Mrs. Roberts.  I tried so hard and failed so spectacularly.  She told me to follow the seam in my lime green double knit jumpsuit I was making and ended up fusing the legs together.  To this day I can still see the look of disbelief on her face.  At the very least I am obedient . . . Smiley Embarassed

@Yahooey, it takes me a few episodes to catch on to the names.  I'm terrible with names, even people I know.  

@MarnieRez3, so, you made a skirt out of your pants?  Isn't that what Christian told Tessa she better do once he convinced her she needed to do a dress for the Dream Dress challenge instead of the pants she had cut out?  Pants to me are counter-intuitive putting them together.  I always have to follow the instructions. If I try to do it on my own, I'll sew the inside seams incorrectly.  That darn crotch throws me every time.

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe @MarnieRez3 

I took a cooking class - our team was so behind that the pasta did not finish cooking. We ate crunchy pasta.Time management.....sigh

I did enjoy a jewelry metal class. Using a jeweler's saw, I made my inital out of copper, think it was copper a gazillion years ago when copper was cheap probably and attach it to a long pin with a tip for th point. Lapel pin?

Screen Shot 2019-06-01 at 11.22.58 PM.png

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

the crotch position on pants don't matter nowadays - there is fitted - the dropped look etc

remember MC Hammer? can't get lower than that lol

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

@Icegoddess 

the crotch position on pants don't matter nowadays - there is fitted - the dropped look etc

remember MC Hammer? can't get lower than that lol

@Yahooey, it matters if you sew it together, hahaha!

There's nothing I hate worse than a low-hanging crotch except maybe camel Toe.  I have been working on a well-fitted pair of pants, hence my desire for a lesson from Amanda Valentine.  My problem is I have a J Lo booty.  The pattern drafting software I'm using then interprets that to mean I also need extra fabric in the front too.  Luckily, there's a real person behind the software to help with the adjustments to make in the software.  I have had to make 3 pair in muslins to get where I think I need to be, but that's better than trying to pin adjustments on myself.  When it comes to adjustments, it's actually easier to do them for someone else than for oneself.

Trusted Contributor

@momtochloe
@Yahooey

While we are busy making bad clothes, crunchy pasta and ruining French toast, @Icegoddess is using "pattern drafting software" and actually MAKING PANTS! I am in awe...this is why she must be our leader at MOOD. Mrs. Robert's would LOVE her! She has made 3 muslin patterns. Ice, I really am impressed.
I love the idea of a jewelry metal class...and the picture makes it look like fun, Ms. Yahooey.
So much trauma in the Home Ec class, but I still use my "Apple Brown Betty" recipe from that class, which is basically a faux cobbler where the topping is made from oatmeal, butter and brown sugar, rather than a biscuit batter.
It's really low-calorie...uh...not.
Home Ec, Wood Shop...kids today miss out on all the fun!
Honored Contributor

@MarnieRez3 

I really liked the class. You have to have patience and saw up and down in a gentle motion. Some were too rought and the blade kept breaking and then you use the smaller piece and can't saw that long a stroke. There were some that kept breaking the blade and ask for new ones and the teacher was not happy about that. I was tortoise like and did fairly well.

Tried to find the pin and post a pic but can't find it. I was reorganizing last year and saw it along with other relics. Threw and gave away a lot of stuff but I don't think I would have tossed it although I never wore it.

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@dooBdoo, would love to learn more about Sebastian's background in ballet costume and his family's leatherworking business in the coming week so when you have a chance could you please provide a link?  Thanks.

(BTW not you but others have compared Leeanne and Sebastian. And when I even think of Michelle I get hives LOL.)

LOVE your post about derivation/imitation etc. in art.  So true.  A lot of people I knew at university, some of my friends too, were art majors and when I think of their work and each one thinking they invented the wheel.  One guy built himself a coffin and had friends carry him the long, long way to class and into it and was stunned and so upset when he got a horrible crit.

The bigger picture, the ones who study longer and maybe more seriously, the ones throughout the years who had genius and changed the art world, such an elevated thing to think about.  Thanks. I miss the great museums, it's not the same on line, and my knowledgeable friends I'd go with practically every weekend.  I wish I had people where I am now who IRL know about and/or think about these things.  You're blessed!

This is a little off track but not:  You probably don't watch Doctor Who?  If not, it's about a heroic alien with a time machine who likes to hang out on earth, emergencies have him going back in forth in time, and one of the very best episodes (not JMO) out of hundreds is about Vincent van Gogh.  I won't give a single spoilers.  It's awesome.  Amazon Prime has it -- season 5 episode 10, "Vincent and the Doctor," less than an hour long -- and if you have Prime and time, I know you'll love it.

I was curious about Sebastian's background, and I only did a quick search a few weeks ago and found his bio sketch on PR and also on his website (sebastiangrey.us/about-me-3/).    Wish I knew more, but that's all I saw and haven't looked beyond that.
               That is so interesting and such a coincidence that you mentioned the Dr. Who episode!   Serendipity!   I get email newsletters from artnet.com and the one on 5/30 took me to a series of articles about tv shows and the art world -- one of them mentioned the very same ​Dr. Who episode!   I don't have Amazon Prime, but I sign up now and then when they offer free trials -- I keep trying it, but my needs don't match up with paying for a membership, at least not yet.   Thanks for the recommendation -- interesting symmetry that you and I touched base with that specific show at nearly the same time.😊   I've seen fans write about Dr. Who and I really want to watch some of the shows, so this would be a good one to sample.

@LoriLori,   I wish you and I could go to the museums together!   We all should plan a trip...  we can combine it with a trip (or more) to Mood and give Swatch a cuddle and a smooch!   I have a feeling you and I share the same love of art and museums.    I do agree, the online experience can't compare.   The immersion, the encompassing atmosphere that surrounds us in a museum and often in galleries is an integral part of the experience.😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Icegoddess,   Is this a public group we can follow?   I'd be interested in looking, if you don't mind sharing the name.😊  

@dooBdoo, It's a Page, not a Group, called Project Runway on Bravo, so you can look, or if you "Like" it posts will appear in your newsfeed.  There's also a Public Group called Project Runway on Bravo Official Group.  Jamal actually posted in that group. Being that it is a Public group, you don't have to be a member to see what's in it.  You might even be able to Follow it without joining although I'm not sure.

ETA:  I just checked, and I see no way to follow a group without joining it.  

I don't join Public groups because I like a little privacy.  Remember when Facebook used to have that sidebar that showed you all of your Friends' activity?  I thought that was quit invasive and a bit creepy.  

Thanks, @Icegoddess!😊   I do remember the sidebar showing everyone's activity.   Yikes.   I didn't like that, either.   Fortunately there are settings, now, to permit us to hide more than before... but still worrisome.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova