Honored Contributor

Re: Project Runway 5/30 - Back to Bravo - SPOILERS

Just throwing it out there - I wonder how many of them cheat (or is it allowed) when they are home from prying eyes.

Let's face it, many have ideas but they are also some who can't fit a bodice correctly....or finish a hem correctly,...

oh wait, she was sent home but you get the drift

They could partner and have plans to start a line together once they wint $$$

Honored Contributor

Good morning PR peeps!  Just catching up on some really terrific posts/information.  Thank you all as I learn so much from you folks.

Re Leanne, hee the reason why I remember her so vividly is she won over Kenley who was the Tessa of her season (except she had more talent).  The look on her face when she lost, subsequent unfortunate interviews and a quick stint in jail have convinced me the judges made the right call that year.

@LoriLori  goodness I miss the days when I was as up on fashion as you are so I so appreciate the detail and depth your posts bring to these threads.  Good memories, thank you!

As for my beloved Sebastian, yes I heartily agree this competition has been wilting for him and it has shown in his last few designs.  I do hope when given a bit more time, less distractions and a decent night's rest he will bounce back.  I look forward to seeing his collection as I do the others (yep, even Hester's as I think she may surprise me in the end).

Thanks again ladies!

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe  Thanks so much for letting me know.  Those posts don't get much love or response at all, and knowing it's worth it to a small few makes it fun and worth it for me.  Heart

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe 

I only noticed after posting that Westwood pic that it's Naomi Campbell.  I was focused on finding the garment and missed the model LOL.

Speaking of which: I'm amazed how much Hester's model is rocking it in that photo. Great models this season and that one looks so much like Alek Wek I hope it doesn't stunt her career because boy is she selling Hester's thingy.

BTW I read Bravo photoshopped the photos of the rooms.  I'm wondering if they did a little something-sometihing to Hester's garment?  I have zero knowledge of or talent for photography but to me it looks a wee bit better than it did when we saw it?  

Honored Contributor

Oh goodness @LoriLori  I am so far behind the curve on fashion I don't have much to add but I used to devour fashion magazines and (here's an 80's throwback) Style with Elsa Clench on CNN (I think there was also one called Fashion File)!  I lived for that hour on Saturday as they showed footage from various runway shows and it was great to see the ensembles in motion so to speak.

So please know I am a fan of yours and all that contribute to the PR threads!  Heart 

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@momtochloe 

I only noticed after posting that Westwood pic that it's Naomi Campbell.  I was focused on finding the garment and missed the model LOL.

Speaking of which: I'm amazed how much Hester's model is rocking it in that photo. Great models this season and that one looks so much like Alek Wek I hope it doesn't stunt her career because boy is she selling Hester's thingy.

BTW I read Bravo photoshopped the photos of the rooms.  I'm wondering if they did a little something-sometihing to Hester's garment?  I have zero knowledge of or talent for photography but to me it looks a wee bit better than it did when we saw it?  

@LoriLori  I know right?  See I loved Westwood's outfit and Naomi was the icing on the cake.  Great outfit and photograph (along with the McQueen(?) you posted).  I can't imagine the talent it took to create those garments.  When I see that I think of that dress that Jeffrey created when they were in Paris, unfortunately not Hester's outfit from earlier this season.  I just don't see the same "depth" in her.  But then again I am sitting here in Aldi pajamas and terry cloth flip flops so what do I know?

And ok, I give up.  I have to go back and rewatch last week's episode because I think I dozed off more than I realized.  Off to On Demand I go!

Honored Contributor

@MarnieRez3 wrote:
@momtochloe
Love the Dyson comment re: Sebastian! Hilarious! Agree with you...his dress was bad, his room was worse.

@LoriLori
I may have heard this wrong, but I thought the final four have FIVE months and $10,000. Is that a shorter time than Lifetime's final contestants got? I thought that was more time than Lifetime gave them, but you would know for sure. ❤

Once again, Christian's suggestion to a contestant helped the garmet catch the eye of the judges...He suggested Tessa use another color in her terracotta design, such as the purples, and she chose lavender; The Bergdorf Goodman judge commended the use of that color is Tessa's outfit, calling it "counter-intuitive."

My absolute favorite part of this Bravo reboot is the way they brought out, in order, all of the designers' previous garments for us to remember, instead of just flashing quick images on the screen. Doing that really allows the judges and the audience to see growth, design progression, aesthetic continuity, etc. Love!

Ready for the Christian home visits and the Hester sewing accident and the Bishme crying jag and all the drama of a finale. Yay! Sounds like the judges want Hester for The Win.

@MarnieRez3,  Wow, you read my mind!   I agree with nearly all of your observations, although I think Sebastian's garment was sculpturally pleasing and beautifully engineered and crafted (I think he has an artist's eye and skillful attention to detail when it comes to fashion design), and I'm not convinced they want Hester for the win.    I do think they believe she will produce a standout collection for the finale and I think they want variety in the last runway shows.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@momtochloe  just know that I have no deep knowledge of current fashion.  I'm not involved in it even tangentially like I once was and I don't dress like it anymore. 

My knowledge of PR is only deep in the Bravo seasons and the first ones on Lifetime, past that it's limited to the garments and people I either loved or disliked a whole lot over the years -- and, in response to @Yahooey 's post,  the one scandal that never got widespread attention I talk about in my next post.

I follow Paris, NY and London Fashion Weeks, Fall/Winter and Spring/Summer and if I've got time RTW, I read WWD as often as I can, keep an eye on the CFDA and that's the sure things, the rest is as I can.

And I will always love a great book on fashion and squee when I learn about one or I'm told here like like someone on Book Forum told me about "Fifth Avenue, 5 a.m."

My life is very different now.  I'm sitting here in a tank, shorts and Isotoner slippers LOL.  I wish it was otherwise.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wonderful insight, everyone!   @LoriLori, your enthusiasm and comprehensive knowledge of PR and also the world of fashion (and NYC, too!) inspire me to learn more!   Thank you for your perceptive and thought-provoking comments.   Thinking of Hester's father, you remind us of the human element, too, and the myriad of emotions in the mix.   
               Regarding Sebastian's design, I didn't really feel it was derivative of Leanne's "wave inspired" collection, it just caused me to think of her.   This garment and his winning look in the 2nd? episode tickled my memory of Leanne's waves and also, in some ways, Dimitri's and Michelle's architectural, well-engineered and crafted, designs.   This issue reminds me of the concerns raised by the judges (and maybe by Tim?) about Kenley's designs being derivative, and discussions about inspired by/derived from/imitation and subconscious happenstance vs. conscious intent.   I took an array of college art courses, and some classes after that, too, worked with exhibits and shows, and I have close friends and family who make their living in the arts community...   and I've learned it can be very difficult to separate what has registered in the recesses of our brain (and also what is intrinsic to our own personal creative fountain) from what we intentionally use as part of our works.   
               From the interesting background I've read of Sebastian, my reaction was that his beautiful engineering and design are at least in part coming from his experience with ballet costume construction and the specific, precise techniques needed for that.    I also suspect that he has some fine craftsman's skills and aesthetics from his family leather business.   Artists are complex and fascinating humans, and it's a difficult world for them in so many ways as they try to balance personal originality, inspiration from history and the world, necessary practicality, and of course criticism and judgment.   I do love my artist friends and family, and I've learned so much about human nature from them.   Even though I've seldom been able to actively participate,  I do so appreciate all of you here and the PR conversations, too!❤️
Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@SWEET, I believe you were the one who mentioned the Facebook group.  I just wanted to mention that I "Liked" the page and I did not end up with any spoilers in my newsfeed.  An hour or two before the show aired here there was a post to plug the upcoming episode and that was all.  Now, had I commented to that post I would've then had notifications every time anybody else commented on that post, but I could ignore them or even turn them off if I wanted to.  

@Icegoddess,   Is this a public group we can follow?   I'd be interested in looking, if you don't mind sharing the name.😊