Honored Contributor

Re: Project Runway 5/30 - Back to Bravo - SPOILERS

@Katcat1 wrote:

Tessa thought she had it in the bag but, frankly, her designs are boring.  Yes, it is minimalist but it does not have an edge. 

@Katcat1   Good one!  LOL! 

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

@SWEET 

I believe I have seen 4 designers make a final collection but may not be albe to show it at Fashion Week. 

Yes.  Four finalists, Karlie said so.  Definitely not at Fashion Week.  The timing was way off.  

I'm so glad Christian made the time (bless his kind heart) to do the home visits -- can't wait!  They're giving them less time and more money. 

I want to see Christian with the families or friends -- how great will that be?  Also want to see Hester alongside her dad (hopefully) and see what kind of work she can do when she's there with him instead of in NY guilting and worrying.   

Respected Contributor

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

I loved Garo's dress and am so glad he won.  Overall, he is my favorite designer.  I really liked Sebastian's as well but it looked like most of Leanne Marshall's collection from the finale on Season 5.  

That's whose Seb's reminded of -- Leeanne Marshall!!

Esteemed Contributor

I thought the finals were only 3 but I'm not mad that there are 4.

Sebastian - the details and workmanship were unbelievable

Bishe - loved the dress and how the model worked it

Hester - I only liked the outfit from the skirt down, the top was too small I think

Tessa- I was so ready for her to be eliminated

Garo - yes, he did it again!!

Respected Contributor

Everyone deserved to be in the top that got there.  Except maybe Hester.  I'm sorry, I know I'm bucking the trend here, but I cannot stand her design aesthetic and I think she has horrible construction skills.  Christian killed me with his comments in Mood when she was talking about an S&M picnic.  I honestly think Hester is trying to be the next Betsey Johnson and she is not nearly as talented as Ms. Johnson.

Poor Sebastian and his melt down.  I'm glad he got back on track.  He keeps saying he doesn't have a story, but he does--his journey from Columbia to the US is quite a story.

I'm glad Tessa got eliminated. She isn't nearly as clever or talented as she thinks she is.

Esteemed Contributor

I have been racking my brain trying to figure out who Hester reminds me of and yes it is a long the lines of Betsy Johnson but as you mentioned not nearly there yet.

Super Contributor

I only watch the runway part of PRW, to much drama in getting the outfits done. I'm not really invested in any designer this season. So I don't really care who wins. Whoever, I want Sabatian to Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Since there are 4 of them, will there be a last minute show us one of your designs because only 3 of you are going to show at fashion week?

I haven't watched it yet.

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli wrote:

Everyone deserved to be in the top that got there.  Except maybe Hester.  I'm sorry, I know I'm bucking the trend here, but I cannot stand her design aesthetic and I think she has horrible construction skills.  Christian killed me with his comments in Mood when she was talking about an S&M picnic.  I honestly think Hester is trying to be the next Betsey Johnson and she is not nearly as talented as Ms. Johnson.

Poor Sebastian and his melt down.  I'm glad he got back on track.  He keeps saying he doesn't have a story, but he does--his journey from Columbia to the US is quite a story.

I'm glad Tessa got eliminated. She isn't nearly as clever or talented as she thinks she is.

@DrKelli   Tessa is delusional!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LoriLori wrote:

And special thanks to @dooBdoo for telling us about Garo's Sundance show through which we learned a lot more about his background . 

Knnowing about it and filling in a lot of things the rest of us didn't know put his next-level handling of this challenge in perspective and at least for me made watching hiis creativity and the win even more fun.

Aw, that's nice, @LoriLori!    Thank you!😊   I started reading a wee bit more online about his background, and also saw some video snippets, but haven't followed up on it to see what's out there.   As I said on the other thread, I became a fan back then, watching the Sundance show, and was so pleased to be able to see him again.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova