Honored Contributor

Re: Project Runway 5/30 - Back to Bravo - SPOILERS

I was disappointed they weren't photographed in their rooms -- which took so much of their mental energy -- but after seeing the photo of Tessa's model in her room vs. the editorial photos of the others, I think Bravo made the right decision.

Honored Contributor

And special thanks to @dooBdoo for telling us about Garo's Sundance show through which we learned a lot more about his background . 

Knnowing about it and filling in a lot of things the rest of us didn't know put his next-level handling of this challenge in perspective and at least for me made watching hiis creativity and the win even more fun.

Respected Contributor

: Project Runway 5/30 - Back to Bravo - SPOILERS

I fell asleep thru this episode.  Wish it were only an hour long.  Just looking at the pictures shown here I kind of like Hester's choice of fabrics and the way she draped them on the bottom half.  She tends to do the halter thing all the time up top.  I'm kind of tired of that look.

Not sure what I think about Sebastian's.  It's creative, but doesn't really appeal to me.  Maybe if those folds were just in one place.  Either on the top or on the bottom, but not both places.  I like Sebastian and hope he is in the final 3.

Bishme's is a little bizarre as well.  The color is pretty.  Material looks like rose gold foil, sort of stiff and it just looks a little off somehow in the design.  Hard to tell Tessa's from that photo.  Looks sort of distant.  So I guess I am in agreement w/Garo's win.  Definitely will have to watch the episode again.  Maybe I saw the 1st half hour or so and then dosed off.  Woman Indifferent

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

Tessa thought she had it in the bag but, frankly, her designs are boring.  Yes, it is minimalist but it does not have an edge.  I think the designers selected will make exciting collections which is my favorite part of this program.  I was so use to Project Runway being on Lifetime that I got off course and missed some shows but now I know Thurs. on Bravo.  Hope you all enjoyed the show tonight. Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I always thought that the finale was 3 not 4 designers. 

Thanks goodness Tessa didn't get in.  Just awful and that poor model getting all that ceramic all over it too.  It was all over the place once again and the panels were like she was trying to recreate last weeks look and making up for when she cut them off.  She definitely pushed herself too far and not avant garde.  One judge said it was avant garde I think.

Poor Seb couldn't get himself together at first but he made a beautiful gown but I've seen it before in one of the other challenges.  His room was just not together.  I agree w/him that he didn't have a story to tell and I would be the same way so I related to that.

I loved Bishme's once again and he has a good chance of winning it.  The theme of his room was perfect and it made every sense w/his dress.

Garo - loved it and the creativity of it was the best.  Nina said it was costumey?  LOL.  It was simple and elegant.

As for Hester, didn't like the top at all especially the chain but for the first time I sort of liked the skirt.  It's not bigger or better like Elaine said.  It's the same old Hester look.

Brandon and Christian crack me up every week w/their comments and they are both a breath of fresh air. 

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

My beloved Sebastian's dress looks like a Dyson vacuum filter.  Smiley Sad

@momtochloe 

that is so true - hysterical

that dres filtered Tessa right out of the competition

Honored Contributor

I don't get the Rococo Puffs (coco puffs on brain since it is breakfast time for me) backdrop for Hester's Picnic Bondage - 

Yes - I love the room, it was magical for Alice in Wonderland's Tea Party

I expected the model to squat down - unpin the kerchiefs and use that as a picnic blanket and set her food on it

Much prefer to see her collection than Tessa's

Honored Contributor

Garo's was so imaginative and beautiful (room and dress) I don't know what the judge's want. If it looks like clothing....push yourself but make sure not costumy. They are in a room like performance art - if this isn't the place to go costumy, I don't know what is.

Bishme - the fabric was stunning on TV. Rose shimmery material. I could go without the peacock tailfeather but then it would be too plain.

Tessa - it would have helped if George Clooney was behind her forming a pot together.

If Garo could have live hands.....

Honored Contributor

@SWEET 

I believe I have seen 4 designers make a final collection but may not be albe to show it at Fashion Week. 

Esteemed Contributor

I loved Garo's dress and am so glad he won.  Overall, he is my favorite designer.  I really liked Sebastian's as well but it looked like most of Leanne Marshall's collection from the finale on Season 5.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown