I had to google Rococo - 

Agressive Picnic is when I'm attacked by critter bites

Will I be seeing this from Hester?

Unknown.jpeg

Don't forget the bondage.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Project Runway 5/23 - Back to Bravo! - SPOILERS

@Icegoddess
I can't believe Amanda lives that close to you...she was brought back so many times for her sewing and tailoring skills. I always liked her voice and her calm demeanor. I can't remember her talking trash about other contestants, but I remember people being mean to her.
@Yahooey @LoriLori and Ice Ice Baby and "Doob..."

Hashtag I Can't Handle This Aggressive Picnic Critter Wearing Pink Gingham! I'm over the moon in love with this!

@Yahooey
You. Are. Hilarious!!! 👏🧡😄

Love these previews...Thank you Lorix2...enjoy the show everyone!
Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

Ice, when I first brought up Tim's comments you said you had a hard time believing it.

I said it's in his second or thrid book and interviews, to Google it. 

Then you said you would need to know the context.

So I found a quote for you, one which provides context.

And now that I've satisfied your skepticism that Tim would say it and provided a quote that gives the context you wanted --  not a word about it?   

If you weren't interested in the first place why all the challenges.  And if you are --  I'm not asking for thanks but  maybe a heart or acknowledgement and to share your thoughts about it?

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

@LoriLori 

I had to google Rococo - 

Unknown.jpeg

I had to Google rococo too and I'm even more confused now that I've seen it how it fits with the rest.  Well, it doesn't.

Yahooey, you are hilarious. 

What is this creature?  Is it a mosquito?  Is it the little -- what, mosquito panties -- real or photoshopped?  Where did you find it?  

Sorry for the questions but it's so freaking funny, every time I look at it I lose it in the best possible way.

Funnier than Aggressive Rococo Bondage Picnic -- which I hope was a joke.

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@LoriLori, I was not questioning that Tim said that about going to fashion school.  I absolutely believe he did say it, and have probably seen it elsewhere although I have no proof to post.  I would just like to understand his reasons why.  That's all.  

Thanks, ice.  I do have proof.  It's in his second book.  And many interviews.  It isn't just one quote, he's said it multiple times in multiple ways. 

Between running at the mouth about Anna Wintour, savaging Isaac Mizrahi over and over a lot of people have lost respect for him whicih is too bad.

Here's one, from WaPo which I can't link to and anyway, this is the worst I've seen, the first time I'm seeing it and there goes some of my respect for him:

"Many of the contestants also have another disadvantage: They’re self-taught. “I think of it as a disability,” Gunn says. “You’ve never been in a critique situation; your knowledge of fashion history is limited; you have no business practice; you’re not used to de-personalizing criticism..."

Calling it a disability is gross.  Anyone can acquire "knowledge of fashion history" on their own.  Maybe not as deep as some schools and maybe deeper.  "...no business practice" -- um, maybe they owned an entirely different business?  The only thing I don't take issue with is what he said about the crits..  

@LoriLori, sorry, I have been extremely busy today with short breaks where I took a quick look at social media. 

Disability is a strong word.  Disadvantage is a better one.  I agree that self-taught designers might have all that background, but I would expect it to be an exception rather than the norm.  A lot of times these designers (not just self-taught) don't even seem to have a grasp on recent history.  Being self-taught is a double-edged sword.  In some ways not learning all the rules can free you because you don't know.  But, then again, those rules can come back and bite you in the rear.  

I remember one challenge on a previous season that was a team challenge.  One of the designers kept telling his partner that he needed to cut on the grain.  And while that designer kept saying he knew what he was doing, he ended up not cutting on the grain and the fabric hung wonky.  I have bought cheap shirts that I can tell were not cut straight in the grain and they will never hang right.  

Of course, there's also always the chance that a person, having completed fashion school, somehow managed just to slide by and not learn all that stuff. 

I do feel that a self-taught person in this environment is at a disadvantage, but I also believe in giving them the same chance as anyone else if they have demonstrated their abilities to the casting crew regardless of education.  

I can't speak for Tim, but I'm guessing some of his feelings are based on an upbringing that values a college education much like mine.  

The next episode is on now, and I haven't eaten yet.  

Honored Contributor

Right now I think I'm channeling Sebastian.  I'm getting a monster headache and I almost don't care about the challenge.

Honored Contributor

Ok, I know I am not giving anything away when I say I am so tired of Hester sighing over her pile of eclectic fabrics and then complaining she's lost most of the first day of sewing because she doesn't know what to do with them and if this design doesn't work she's finished.  Sigh.

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@Yahooey wrote:

@LoriLori 

I had to google Rococo - 

Unknown.jpeg

I had to Google rococo too and I'm even more confused now that I've seen it how it fits with the rest.  Well, it doesn't.

Yahooey, you are hilarious. 

What is this creature?  Is it a mosquito?  Is it the little -- what, mosquito panties -- real or photoshopped?  Where did you find it?  

Sorry for the questions but it's so freaking funny, every time I look at it I lose it in the best possible way.

Funnier than Aggressive Rococo Bondage Picnic -- which I hope was a joke.

@LoriLori 

I googled 

Screen Shot 2019-05-30 at 10.22.21 PM.png

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@Icegoddess 

Ice, when I first brought up Tim's comments you said you had a hard time believing it.

I said it's in his second or thrid book and interviews, to Google it. 

Then you said you would need to know the context.

So I found a quote for you, one which provides context.

And now that I've satisfied your skepticism that Tim would say it and provided a quote that gives the context you wanted --  not a word about it?   

If you weren't interested in the first place why all the challenges.  And if you are --  I'm not asking for thanks but  maybe a heart or acknowledgement and to share your thoughts about it?

@LoriLori IF I said that about your comment then I'm truly sorry.  However, I went back and looked at previous threads and the only place I find this mentioned is in the thread Project Runway 5/23......on page 5 where you said this (and it was bolded):

Tim wrote and has said --  and this blew me away but it's in one of the other two books of his I didn't read -- that anyone who did not graduate design school for fashion should not be cast on Project Runway.

If you go back and look I didn't even respond to that comment.  I think my next comment in that thread had something to do with Jamall.

Now, I knew you have been ticked with me about something by the way you have responded to many of my posts, but I chose to let it go.  However, I just don't see where I challenged you about anything that was in any of Tim's books.  I haven't read them.

The only thing I can find that I challenged you on was about whether they could use E6000 glue, and I stand by my comments on that.