Honored Contributor

Project Runway 5/23 - Back to Bravo! - SPOILERS

The real women challenge and a visit to Christian's atelier and store.

Winner:  Sebastian

Eliminated:  Jamall 

Runway recap:  

https://www.bravotv.com/project-runway/season-17/season-17/blogs/runway-recap-episode-11

Honored Contributor

Re: Project Runway 5/23 - Back to Bravo! - SPOILERS

Sebastian:

Sebastian Grey's Episode 11 Design

Honored Contributor

Garo, the other high score:

Garo Sparo's Episode 11 Design

Honored Contributor

Bishme -- safe::

Bishme Cromartie's Episode 11 Design

Honored Contributor

(I thought Bishme was high but they have him as safe)

Jamall:

Jamall Osterholm's Episode 11 Deisgn

Honored Contributor

Hester:

Hester Sunshine's Episode 11 Design

Honored Contributor

Tessa:

Tessa Clark's Episode 11 Design

Honored Contributor

Thanks for posting @LoriLori .  As much as I am glad that Sebastian won, this is not the dress that I thought should have made him a winner.  I agree he should have won but he has done better and I know I have made myself clear that he has been robbed before.  I guess a win is a win but this whole episode kind of left me deflated.

Christian was once again the star of the show.  I knew good things were going to happen for Sebastian when Christian stepped in and helped him pick out some fabric and then gave great suggestions when he was struggling with his design.

Jamaal deserved to go home, that thing was a hot mess but I do wonder if they are setting up Tessa for her final fall next week.  I can only hope as she manages to make Hester tolerable for me.

And I missed seeing Swatch.

Honored Contributor

After our discussions about how they were all sequestered and such, I was surprised to see a cell phone.  Maybe it’s owned by PR and can only receive messages.  I know I have seen them on cell phones in the past when talking to family and hadn’t really thought about it, but they have to hand those over for the duration. 

One thing I liked this season vs previous seasons is when announcing the judges they don’t give their full pedigree.  I got so tired of listening to that every week.

My thoughts on the designs as the went down the runway.

Garo:  I felt like it looked better in the workroom than on the runway.  It looked better after the guest judge had her pull it down, so it’s more of a fit issue.  You could tell the client was happy although she couldn’t walk in it.  It was a good effort.  It looked so much better in the workroom.

Sebastian: I loved this look. 

Hester:  I didn’t like the lace-up back.  It really just looked mostly like an off-the-rack dress to me minus the side panels which I also hated.

Tessa: Hated this look.  Cutting off the chiffon strips helped, but not much.  Once again, she didn’t finish it.  Ooo, the look Brandon gave her when she said she gave her some pink.

Jamall:  What a mess.  That poor girl I know is afraid that dress is going to have a wardrobe malfunction.  She also looked like she was afraid she was going to trip over it.  It needed straps of some sort to hold it up with those boobs.  Maybe a halter would’ve made it more secure.  Of course it needed more than that underneath for support (not that I know exactly what that is even though I sew.  I didn’t even realize it had boning in it until they were doing the close-up critique).   Why do designers not like bras?  Some people just need them. 

Bishme: This is a beautiful dress. 

I did agree with the top 3.  For me, it is hard to choose between Sebastian’s and Bishme’s look for the winner.  Although it sounds like the judges prefer Garo & Sebastian.  So, if that’s the case, I’m team Sebastian.

I so agree with the guest judge’s assessment of Jamall & Tessa.  Jamall admits that he is still learning and is willing to learn.  Tessa doesn’t want to hear it.  Even when Nina corrected her about her client’s favorite color, she argued with her about it. 

Please, please, please send Tessa home.  Well, darn!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess 

Whoever had the cell phone they have to be with a producer and have permission to make the call.  From time to time they used to show calls home, can't remember if they have.  No cell phones or otherr devices so no Googling. 

Also tonight I was reminded of the disclaimer that sparked an earlier discussion: 

We'll never know because of the NDAs but when someone outright lies like Tessa did I don't mind at all if production makes the judges aware of it.  It was brought up anyway but if  they showed the judges the footage I wouldn't mind at all.