Honored Contributor

Re: Project Runway 5/2 - Back to Bravo! - SPOILERS

@tipsy, you made me go look because I really did not remember her.  She made it to episode 6, but for me she obviously was unmemorable.  

Esteemed Contributor

I realize this won't win me any points with anyone but from the way she dresses that stylist must have graduated from the same fashion school as Lori G.

Respected Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

I realize this won't win me any points with anyone but from the way she dresses that stylist must have graduated from the same fashion school as Lori G.

LOL.  Marni looked like she woke up half asleep and pulled anything from her closet.  It was horrendous and my style.  Who's Lori G.?

Esteemed Contributor

@SWEET wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

LOL.  Marni looked like she woke up half asleep and pulled anything from her closet.  It was horrendous and my style.  Who's Lori G.?

@SWEET 

Lori Goldstein of LOGO. I think Lori and that stylist last evening (going blank on her name) and the contestant Hester are all trying to do their own version of being another Betsey Johnson. If you don't know who Betsey Johnson is, google her.

Honored Contributor

@SWEET, I'm assuming she's referring to Lori Goldstein aka LOGO on QVC, but I certainly wouldn't peg them from the same design school.  Totally different awful styles.  I sorta look at Marni as a talented stylist who doesn't bother to style herself.  Although, I did disagree with her about Jamall's awful swimsuit.  

Respected Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

@SWEET wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

@SWEET 

Lori Goldstein of LOGO. I think Lori and that stylist last evening (going blank on her name) and the contestant Hester are all trying to do their own version of being another Betsey Johnson. If you don't know who Betsey Johnson is, google her.

I don't even watch QVC anymore but know the name.  I knew it couldn't be Lori Grenier since she dresses classy. 

Hester does remind me of Betsey Johnson and her wacky outfits.  She looks good for her age though.  Get rid of the crazy hair though.  LOL.

Honored Contributor

@tipsy wrote:

@Icegoddess  Yes, Anya was on the most recent PR AllStars.  A lot of us couldn't believe she was on there & she still couldn't sew.

@LoriLori Sorry, I missed the thread about the new curriculum & plus sized models.  I was out of town & caught up with On Demand, but didn't check out the past threads,  I will look them up, thanks for the info!

@tipsy  No need to look back on the old thread, I posted the same info here.  There's no more to be said, for now.

@Icegoddess  I remember Anya on All Stars because she still had not gone to school and she still hadl not learned to sew and she was still making the exact same caftan every week.  All Stars past season one was such a crock.

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@tipsy wrote:

@Icegoddess  Yes, Anya was on the most recent PR AllStars.  A lot of us couldn't believe she was on there & she still couldn't sew.

@LoriLori Sorry, I missed the thread about the new curriculum & plus sized models.  I was out of town & caught up with On Demand, but didn't check out the past threads,  I will look them up, thanks for the info!

@tipsy  No need to look back on the old thread, I posted the same info here.  There's no more to be said, for now.

@Icegoddess  I remember Anya on All Stars because she still had not gone to school and she still hadl not learned to sew and she was still making the exact same caftan every week.  All Stars past season one was such a crock.

@LoriLori, was season one of All Stars the one that Mondo won?  I think I remember someone saying they started All Stars basically to give Mondo the win that he should've had on Project Runway.  I do think he was robbed.  He was a master at mixing prints, though sadly, that also seemed to make people think that all prints could be successfully paired.

Honored Contributor

@jellyBEAN wrote:

@LoriLori- I actually njoy Hester's personal style - I like the bright colors and I love her hats - the beret that says 'Plz Die' is comical to me.  And I was actually picking her to win in the end until she came up with the fortune cookie pasties outfit from the prior week, and then the way this swimsuit fit was atrocious.

I think Tessa's team should have won with Sebastian taking top prize.  Maybe Maxwell needs to clean his glasses or needs a stronger Rx.  The stylist whom you like and I don't care for, also may have thrown the vote.  Maybe if Karlie had been there it would have been different.  Oh well....

@jellyBEAN 

So good to hear that!  Because Hester has personal style and a viewpoint and that's great.  She's young, she's educated, time to play. 

Maybe Hester will dress Cyndi Lauper who I find a sad case at her age still dressing like when she was young and so successful (I feel the same about Debbie Harry, who I love but she looks foolish and has for years).  Or maybe she goes back to costuming like Chris March did.

No one knows.  But I find her uniqueness so refreshing in on this show where most people are aiming for 'I want to dress someone on the Red Carpet' -- don't know how, don't have a strong viewpoint or muse or designer they worship, just know they wanttobeadesigner generic.

Trusted Contributor

I think Anya was also on a team show with Mondo Guerra? (Spelling?) It may have been Tim Gunn's show...Under the Gunn? I vaguely remember actually watching an episode or two.
@SWEET You have hit on my biggest complaint about Hester...she is not original in any way! Yes, she has a POV, but, unfortunately, she stole it from Betsey Johnson.
I think Marni is brilliant at styling for social media, music videos, editorial, etc. But, I agree with the posters here that her hairdo and clothes are bizarre. That twisted bun on top of her head is strange...