Honored Contributor

Re: Project Runway 5/2 - Back to Bravo! - SPOILERS

Yep I am afraid I am Team Disappointment this week.  I would not have selected Hester's to win (and was shocked when someone said how well the garment was made.  I get those loops on the side were well done but the fit was just awful in the back which for me is more important).

As usual, I loved what Sebastian created in spite of everyone pulling on him to help them with their garments. 

Brandon didn't disappointment.  When those yellow pants came down the runway, the look on his face and that "oh what is this?" made my whole night.

I'm starting to not enjoy the show unfortunately.  I get that Bravo is looking to change things up and if heading in Hester's style is the direction they have chosen I doubt I will finish the season.  I just want to say thanks for everyone's input as you folks see things I don't and I appreciate hearing what you have to say! 

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

Yep I am afraid I am Team Disappointment this week.  I would not have selected Hester's to win (and was shocked when someone said how well the garment was made.  I get those loops on the side were well done but the fit was just awful in the back which for me is more important).

As usual, I loved what Sebastian created in spite of everyone pulling on him to help them with their garments. 

Brandon didn't disappointment.  When those yellow pants came down the runway, the look on his face and that "oh what is this?" made my whole night.

I'm starting to not enjoy the show unfortunately.  I get that Bravo is looking to change things up and if heading in Hester's style is the direction they have chosen I doubt I will finish the season.  I just want to say thanks for everyone's input as you folks see things I don't and I appreciate hearing what you have to say! 

I feel the same way, they made too many changes all at once.

New host, new mentor, 2 new judges, new workroom.

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

I'm confused how the three teams ended up with almost all the same colors.   I would appreciate if someone could tell me -- if they showed it -- because all I remember from Mood isChristian saying oh, you all have the same colors.  So they already had their fabric when he said it.

@LoriLori   I thought that was strange also, and I didn't like the hue of the blue.

Valued Contributor

My recollection is that Christian's comment about the same colors was in the workroom.  I think they ended up with the same color palette because they are your standard tropical/beachy colors.  You would think a couple of the designers would have noticed at Mood the similar colors & would maybe grab a lime green or orchid color.

I think Sebastian & Bishme had the best looks.

Which team was supposed to have the "bird of paradise" hairstyles?  I didn't see any hairstyles that had any kind of resemblance to a bird of paradise.

I really feel bad for the 2 "curvy" models, especially the one Renee got.  The way the designers are assigned their models for each challenge they always seem happy NOT to get one of them.  It's good to have the different sizes, but it must feel crappy to be one of those curvy models that everybody hopes they don't get.  

Respected Contributor

I thought the winning look was wonderful especially since you could turn inside out and it would be black.

Honored Contributor

@tipsy   Yes, you're right, Christian's comment about the colors did come in the workroom which makes it even stranger since he was at Mood.

Honored Contributor

Maybe the fix is in and they want Hester to win.

Not one judge mentioned the ill fitting butt on that bathing suit or asked the model to take the cover up skirt off.

Honored Contributor

@tipsy wrote:

My recollection is that Christian's comment about the same colors was in the workroom.  I think they ended up with the same color palette because they are your standard tropical/beachy colors.  You would think a couple of the designers would have noticed at Mood the similar colors & would maybe grab a lime green or orchid color.

I think Sebastian & Bishme had the best looks.

Which team was supposed to have the "bird of paradise" hairstyles?  I didn't see any hairstyles that had any kind of resemblance to a bird of paradise.

I really feel bad for the 2 "curvy" models, especially the one Renee got.  The way the designers are assigned their models for each challenge they always seem happy NOT to get one of them.  It's good to have the different sizes, but it must feel crappy to be one of those curvy models that everybody hopes they don't get.  

We got into some long detailed conversations on last week's thread so I'm wondering if many of you missed this.  It's important enough that I would hope everyone would see:

The CFDA announced in September that they are partnering with a major etailer of plus-size clothes called Dia & Co. to fund creation of curriculum at "major fashion education programs across the country" including Parsons and FIT to teach designing for plus sizes.

Right now no school teaches it.  It's all size twos.

I think this helps to explain why some are thrown by it;  some of them aren't that long out of school.  (Tthe only ones who didn't attend or graduate fashion design school are Frankie, Afa, Bishme and Garo).

It could take a few years to develop the curriculum but it's a huge change in the industry.  Just ten years ago this would have been unthinkable.  Even now some of the major designers have let it be known they aren't happy with plus-size models.  I guess the term curvy is meant to replace plus size?

Honored Contributor

I feel that PR judges always seem to have a favorite and this year - it happens to be Hester - which I can't fahtom. I don't care for her style - like a box of crayons threw up.

I remember a while ago - a very attractive women only draped tropical prints every week. She couldn't sew and took up sewing 6 months ago and she won the whole thing. WHAT? Every dress was the same and she just recently came back as all stars.

Not crazy about the new female judge and the stylist that was a guest judge.

Really - you thought Breakfast at Tiffany's and channeled that style onto Kendell J - Audrey would beg to differ. 

Honored Contributor

Hi @LoriLori 

Marketing is forever changing words to be associated with something more positive.

Used cars - preowned 

Prunes - dried plums (people associate prunes w/ well you know)

Bone broth - bc people are too stupid to know that is what stock means

and the hits keep on coming

I bet some people think that almonds can produce milk - that's why the dairy industry is trying to prevent them from calling it milk.