Trusted Contributor

Re: Project Runway 5/2 - Back to Bravo! - SPOILERS

@Icegoddess
@LoriLori
@Yahooey
I am hysterical at the tail's up salute!!
Yes, LoriX2, the cat on the runway in Turkey is my favorite! He/she actually takes some time to groom his/her naughty bits while the Dior models just carry on with business as usual. Then the kitty decides to strut the runway too! Absolutely hilarious!
Honored Contributor

@MarnieRez3@LoriLori@SWEET, I'm reposting this comment from earlier because I'm thinking maybe it got lost in the comments about the cats.

Anyways, back to the show.  During the Runway show the judge that replaced Karlie said "I'm confused".  It was during the Tessa grouping although I don't remember specifically whether it was the 2nd model or the third.  Then Brandon said something like "You know all these people.  I'll tell you later."  Tessa noticed it because she said "They're talking about us."  So, why was this exchange included in the show and then not followed up with some sort of explanation.  I was thinking the "I'm confused" comment meant she didn't think the collection was cohesive, but I'm not sure. 

Trusted Contributor

@Icegoddess
Sorry, lovely, I was caught up in Royal Baby Fever today; only just checking this thread now.
Yes, dead-on, I believe the judge that replaced Karlie was referring to the complete lack of cohesion in the collection that had just been sent down the runway, of which Tessa was the self-appointed group leader. (I'm embarrassed that I can never remember that judge's name!)
Trusted Contributor

Addendum to that...I think the judge does refer to that collection's lack of cohesion during the initial critique of Tessa's team.
I keep wondering if the contestants can hear the judges picking apart the garments when the judges are alone with the models after the runway show? They flash to each contestant sitting in the lounge when their garments are analyzed by the judges, but it's not clear to me if the contestants are actually hearing the critiques. (Oh man, I hope not! I would be devastated by some of their comments.)
Trusted Contributor

Lololol @Icegoddess glad you reposted...those crazy cats got us going! Literal catwalks, as they were. I must Google where the term "catwalk" started as the name for a fashion runway.
=^..^=
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MarnieRez3, Probably something to do with the way the women strut down the runway.  Actually, it may have something to do with the resemblance of the runway to the walkways high up in theaters.  I think they are also called catwalks and probably have to do with the fact that they are high and narrow, so only a cat should be walking on them.

Tessa's team was safe, so there was no critique at all for that one unless something was said before they dismissed them.  If that's the case, I missed it.  

I was under the impression that the designers who were safe got to listen in on the critiques of the others, but that after that they did not get to listen in.  I don't remember if it was mentioned in the first episode or not.  I think the judges would not like having them listen in on those conversations since they can probably get a little personal.  Remember, a lot of that conversation ends up on the cutting room floor.  That's also where they make the decisions about who wins and who goes home.  Not sure exactly when the producers' input is made.  I think it's hard enough standing up there getting a critique while knowing all your competitors are hearing it without adding in the in-depth conversations between the judges.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, good call....@Icegoddess...."Catwalk," first used in 1874: a long narrow raised footpath or platform on ships and bridges; later used to refer to the narrow walkway above a stage in a theater; applied to fashion runways in approx. 1942. Also colloquially used to refer to the way a model walked carefully and gingerly in high heels on a fashion runway, similar to a cat. Thank you, Merriam Webster abridged.
Well, I do hope you're right and the judges comments during their "closer look" at the clothes are not heard by the contestants in the lounge because, as you wrote, some of those comments are very personal.
You are also right that Tessa's team was safe, so maybe I'm wrong about the critique afterwards!
Trusted Contributor

East Coast posters who are now probably in the arms of Morpheus...when you wake up, Christian S. designed a few of the Met Gala gowns and they are FABULOUS...!
See Fashion threads...the winking eye is crazy good...and campy! I won't repost here as there are two threads already with Met Gala pix.
Honored Contributor

@MarnieRez3 

About the runway.  I've been saving a bit of trivia for the OP when I start the thread Thursday!!!!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@MarnieRez3  @Yahooey   @SWEET    @Icegoddess 

Last night's Met Gala, the theme of which was Camp, was a treat for Project Runway Return to Bravo fans.

Elaine Welteroth, along with Zanna Roberts Rossi and Brad Goreski, did the live commentary on E!

Christian Siriano amazed with Janelle Monae's outfit which after Lady Gaga's IMO won the night.  He also did an amazing piece on Laverne Cox, the seeds of which we may have seen in a challenge he did on Project Runway.

And Brandon Maxwell won the night with his amazing, unforgettable entrance of Met Gala Co-Chair Lady Gaga.   For those who didn't see it, it was a fashion moment that will be talked about forever: 

Watch and be amazed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WuC-kUe6c0