Honored Contributor

Project Runway 5/2 - Back to Bravo! - SPOILERS

Honored Contributor

Re: Project Runway 5/2 - Back to Bravo! - SPOILERS

New way to choose teams:  the button bag.  

Hester chosen first, picked Garo and Bishme

Tessa chose Lela and an uncomfortable Sebastian

Jamall, Venny, Renee third team by default

Honored Contributor

Top:

Hester's and Bishme's were both terrific.  It was very close and Hester edged out Bishme because Morena preferred it and it's a more creative.

Hester:

Hester Sunshine's Episode 8 Design

Bishme:

Bishme Cromartie's Episode 8 Design

Two terrific looks.

Honored Contributor

Bottom:  

Jamall had immunity or he would have definitely gone home.  That's no bathing suit.  Brandon's critique was stern but so funny.

Jamall:

Jamall Osterholm's Episode 8 Design

Renee's.   I always thought she was overrated.  I only liked her work in the camping challenge.   That poor model, only Garo has made her look good!

Renee Hill's Episode 8 Design

Honored Contributor

Marni's genius:  

Venny's crit was that his dress was too youthful and unimaginative.  Morena said her kid would wear it.

Venny Etienne's Episode 8 Design

I wish there was a picture.  When Marni moved the straps down and changed the entire vibe of the dress, elevated it and made it cool and made everyone smile -- she's amazing!

Honored Contributor

Drama with Tess and her nastiness, not here for it.  Especially in the loft.  

Love watching the rerun of the prior week's show because unlike Lifetime, Bravo doesn't edit out half an hour.  So we get to see all and knowing what the finished product was, IMO it's very interesting to see how the designer's initial idea morphs.

Honored Contributor

I'm confused how the three teams ended up with almost all the same colors.   I would appreciate if someone could tell me -- if they showed it -- because all I remember from Mood isChristian saying oh, you all have the same colors.  So they already had their fabric when he said it.

Respected Contributor

I really disagreed with the winner on this.  I thought Hester's swimsuit was awful - the bunchy saggy butt area was a joke.  And the coverup - I thought it was a disaster - AND IT WON!!  I thought the day outfit was much better - MUCH - the trousers with the cute coral fluttery top.  I thought Garo's outfit was terrible.  Bizarre looking with that cape affair, the corset belt and the zipper up the middle - talk about too much going on.  Hideous.  And the guest star loved it.  I have no idea who she is. 

The losers - the fellow that had immunity - that was just awful - AWFUL.  Renee deserved to go - that was a horrible outfit - THOSE PANTS - my goodness and the tucked in tropical shirt - it looked like an old man's tourist outfit.  Compared to those two outfits I didn't think the dress was too bad.  I'm seeing a lot of those ruffled tiers on dresses lately - never cared for that look but....

That guest judge who is the stylist is well respected but I don't get any of her looks.  I guess if you want to get stared at she's your go to girl.  I think her personal style is terrible - everything about it - her big bird jacket and the large gawdy earrings and the hairstyle - her whole look - yuck.

I think Sebastian got robbed again.  I think the team he was on w/Tessa should have won over Hester's, not that l like Tessa so much with all those long flappy straps, but I thought overall it had a better look.  Maybe I'm just too old for this type of show now and I tend toward more tailored stuff, not costumey stuff.  But I just couldn't believe that swimsuit won.  Cat Mad

I think Sebastian

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think the only positive things about this show is Christian, Brandon and Karlie. These designers are terrible. I wouldn't want one of them to design for me.Where did they dig up these casts of designers(???).  Hester 's designs are wacky. Her swimsuit did not fit in the bottom. The judges must have vision problems.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Another show when Hester wins and I hated it.  The judges just love her and her designs.  The bottom was bunching up over her behind.  Nothing innovative to me.

Bish should have won.  His was adorable and appropriate for Rio.  Very shocked he didn't win.

Garo - was not his greatest design and he knew it.  Reminded me of a beach cover up but once again the judges liked it better than me.

Jamall is sure lucky he has immunity or else he would have been gone.  It grew on me except for the "bra" thingy.  That was just too weird even though he wanted it to look like a bathing suit.

Bye Bye Renee.  She can't do anything on her own and this week those pants were just ugly.  Wasn't too fond of the top either.

Venny's was nothing special but glad he didn't get sent home.  I got the concept of Rio though but I don't agree w/Marni or was it Morena who said it was sort of for a teenager.  JMO.  I'd wear it and I'm way older than that. 

I liked Sebastian's.  Thought it was sexy and I loved the top.

Tessa - why are you still there girl?  Then she she and Bish got into it.  She expects him to defend her and pick her on the team like she's insulted that her best friend doesn't want to be her friend anymore (some comments made) and then he got on her for not congratulating Hester.  Tessa's just a mean girl. 

Lela's was just ok.  Nothing special.

I love Brandon's comments about everything.  He hits the nail on head a lot.

I thought Elaine did a great  job and love her shorter hair and w/out those 70s glasses. 

Onto next week.