Respected Contributor

Re: Project Runway 5/16 - Back to Bravo! - SPOILERS

Except she wasn't strangled--she had a broken neck in the infamous scarf vs. automobile wheel accident.

This has been a fascinating week on this thread.

I loved Sebastian's look and I still can't stand Hestor or Tessa.  Hestor's looks look like clown suits to me--maybe bespoke clown suits or high fashion clown suits, but clown suits none the less.  I will for sure watch in real time this week since BBT is now done.

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli 

Love that you're loving the conversation.  Guess you'll have to go back in time for @MarnieRez3   to tell Gertrude Stein she got it wrong!  I love posting with people that know so much!!!

I don't like Tessa at all.but to be fair she did suggest to Sebastian he use the light-colored fabric..   They brought the dress to life.  And made it more relevant to his issue.

And now she can go.  Bye, Tessa!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I did not know who she was and read Wiki

This woman was born in CA - lived in France and the Soviet Union. Was married, divorced, had children out of wedlock, tragedy (2 children died in auto that drove into Seine). Scandalous...

As The New York Times noted in its obituary, Duncan "met a tragic death at Nice on the Riviera." "According to dispatches from Nice, Duncan was hurled in an extraordinary manner from an open automobile in which she was riding and instantly killed by the force of her fall to the stone pavement."[57] Other sources noted that she was almost decapitated by the sudden tightening of the scarf around her neck.[58] The accident gave rise to Gertrude Stein's mordant remark that "affectations can be dangerous".[59] At the time of her death, Duncan was a Soviet citizen. Her will was the first of a Soviet citizen's to be probated in the U.S.[60]

Trusted Contributor

@Yahooey
Wow...I did not know that Isadora's will was the first of a Soviet citizen's to be probated in the United States. Now THAT is next-level trivia. That borders on minutiae! Well-done.
Can't really find a feud or an altercation between Isadora and Stein that would cause such a macabre remark upon learning of Isadora's death. Both women were born in the San Francisco Bay Area and were contemporaries with other writers, artists and ex-pats like Jack London, Charlie Chaplin, etc.
Stein is The West's Dorothy Parker...caustic, sarcastic, absolutely brilliant, decades ahead of her time and hugely quotable.
(Before you unleash your word count on me, @LoriLori, I know, I know, there can only be ONE Dorothy Parker and she will be forever associated with The Algonquin in your New York.) I cannot defend California culture! 😃💜
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MarnieRez3 wrote:
@Yahooey

(Before you unleash your word count on me, @LoriLori, I know, I know, there can only be ONE Dorothy Parker and she will be forever associated with The Algonquin in your New York.) I cannot defend California culture! 😃💜

@MarnieRez3  genius is genius wherever it lives!  

(And FYI while there are beautiful places in NY, and all over our country and beautiful world, I think the most beautiful of all is in your state:  Yosemite.)

@Yahooey  @DrKelli 

I didn't know much about Isadora Duncan until your posts.  Fashion!  Snark!  Death by scarf!

Also I hope everyone reading this who doesn't have time and/or inclination to read Lady Lucile's entire memoir will click on Yahooey's link and search for "maharajah."   Dahlings, i's quite the little anecdote!  

As for my word count, I have a one- or two-sentence thing (so there!  LOL) about Fashion I only learned this week which I'll post on tonight's thread, probably waiting as I do until discussion of the episode slows down.  I've written more than it will take to say it.  Maybe most of you won't be surprised or shocked;  I was both.

Trusted Contributor

@LoriLori @Yahooey @Icegoddess @DrKelli @kelsey17 

ENJOY THE SHOW TONIGHT!

This thread has been SO fantastic this week - so much to read and research. Thanks to LORIX2 and @Yahooey for all this new LUCILLE info! I saved yahooey's link to read later...and I will look up "maharajah."

WOW!!! The PR crowd rocked it this week. Ice Ice Baby et al...we are counting down to THE FINAL FOUR. 

Cannot wait to be surprised AND shocked by you, MS. LORI - and cannot wait to see Christian's atelier!!! 

Thanks to all for the lines and lines of brilliant prose here. Delicious thread!

Trusted Contributor

Wait a minute - If Tessa goes or Hester goes, does that mean it will be an all-male finale?? NO! I don't want more men designing for women - VIVA WOMEN DESIGNERS!

Honored Contributor

@MarnieRez3 wrote:

Wait a minute - If Tessa goes or Hester goes, does that mean it will be an all-male finale?? NO! I don't want more men designing for women - VIVA WOMEN DESIGNERS!

Cali, I so second what you said about this week's thread, especially the snowballing synergy at the end!

Not managing expectations but for real my tidbit for later in tonight's thread isn't fun or capital F.  And it may or may not spark a conversation.  But if it does who knows where that conversation will go (smiling).

AND NOW BACK TO OUR SHOW:

IMO they'll keep Hester around for the Cardi B challenge next week.  So intriguing, Cardi B + Bergdorf Goodman.   Say what?  LOL.  

I don't care if it's all men in the finale except I like Hester's creativity and want to see what she'll come up with calmer nerves which will hopefully come when she's given more time.  

[Asuming they give them the time they used to on Bravo.  Or even on Lifetime, though they shortened it.  There's not a word about the finale anywhere I looked which doesn't mean I looked in the right places....

...because Fall/Winter NYFW was in February (unless they were super stealth and taping began before they announced it) and Spring/Summer isn't until September.  Seems the timing is way off.  That leaves...um...uh...with a mystery.]

Sebastian is not the most creative, Jamall's not my flavor and Bishme is inconsistent, so it's a tough call. 

I'm rooting for a Hester/Sebastian/Bishme finale.

Trusted Contributor

I'm rooting for a Hester/Tessa/Sebastian final.
Craziness would ensue!
Nina loves Sebastian...he's from Columbia as she is...and she keeps commenting on his beautiful tailoring.
Can't stand Hester OR Tessa...but I want women in the finale. Elaine is obsessed with Bishme and Jamall...I don't get it. I don't understand how he keeps saying "Puffer coats" are intrinsic to the black community. Perhaps that's true in a cold climate, but it's not applicable out West.
Cardi B plus Bergdoff Goodman is a recipe for a very interesting program! Yay!
Honored Contributor

Is Jamal only designing for the black community?  Kinda like that one lady who won PR designing for full figured women (and shouldn't have won).  I missed that comment.  I don't see puffer coats as intrinsic to the black community.  Maybe wearing pants hanging off the butt.  I will never understand that trend.  But, then again, the ones that have money don't dress like that.  Now, here in The South at least, designing for black ladies.....that's where things get in-ter-es-ting!

I do appreciate Sebastian's work whether it is creative or not.  And at least he finishes his garments.  Tessa hasn't finished one hem this whole season.  Kinda wish we still had Afa in the mix.