Respected Contributor

Re: Project Runway 5/16 - Back to Bravo! - SPOILERS

@LoriLori wrote:

@SWEET  I don't know that Swatch is back in the store more, I think they're showing him more.  Maybe a few re-edits based on all the tweets where's Swatch?  

Huh?  If they are showing him more, doesn't that mean he's in the store when the show is taped?  That was the point I was trying to make.  Why would they re-edit it just for the show?  Just because people are saying that they aren't seeing him?  I enjoy seeing him but I am watching for the show. 

Honored Contributor

It's all in the editing.  We have no idea if Christian was with them longer or not, they may have showed more of him.  Especially since this time Elaine spent time with them. 

I love the depth of experience of these judges and Christian's gentle touch. 

Christian is superior to Tim Gunn because although he's so much younger because  much morre well-rounded than Tim Gunn, who only ever taugh and did Project Runway.  His hiring at Liz Claiborne Global at the height of his career was a disaster and he didn't last long at all.. 

Christian's also such a different type, easygoing and it comes naturally to him -- he's a genius, which Tim is not, and Tim admits he's a very closed-off person, asexual, hasn't had sex in around 30 years; well it's more now.

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

@LoriLori 

I think PR couldn't come to a $$$ for a Swatch appearance. He signed away for a pittance during the orig Bravo series. He now know his true worth and it isn't Kibbles and Bits or Ribbons and Bobbins lol

I admit I look for him when they are in Mood. He is much older now if he is the orig Swatch.

They pay Swatch?  I had no idea!   Learn something every day!!!  Thanks, Yahooey.. Good for him (them)!

.He was moving pretty fast Thursday night, I noticed that LOL.

@SWEET  I mentioned in a prior thread people were tweeting the show like crazy where's Swatch.  They have 36 or so hours of footage, we only see 90 minuts.

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori 

it was tongue in muzzle

I don't know if they pay him or not - 

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey  hahahahahahaha, whoops, whizzed past my head.  Good one!

Honored Contributor

Did no one else laugh at Brandon Maxwell's comment and think fondly of Michael Kors when he said Garo's looked like

"...an Elizabethan highlighter salesperson?"

It was so Kors.

Honored Contributor

I love Brandon and thanks again was thrilled to watch the video you posted about everyone getting Gaga ready for the Met Gala and learning they've been together ten years. It made me want to know more. I had no idea he worked for Nicola Formichetti, that explains his talent and depth and so impressed when he left she came with him.

[Zac Posen was such a bore as a replacement and IMO his designs don't have that next-level viewpoint where you see them and go 'that's a Zac Posen."]

Kors has done amazing, buying Jimmy Choo and other companies and then buying Versace at a record-setting price, leaving Donatella and the next gen in place.

And I love his design aesthetic..

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori 

maybe they need a highlighter salesperson -

I'm sure sales are down since no one is highlighting paper or White Out

QUICK - dress that model in all white but be sure it doesn't look like a wedding dress

maybe a little mermaid bottom to make it look like a brush

just tossing ideas to save an industry - Where is Christian?

He is so much better than Tim 

Honored Contributor

Ok, I am watching the episode and now that I know who won (and more to the point who didn't win) I don't need to see the whole thing but:

• Lots of face time for Swatch, yay (although I could have strangled Hester for stepping over him as she had plenty of room to go around him as stepping over a sleeping animal can lead to disaster for both parties involved).
  • Quick question, why was Tessa dressed like a safe cracker in the workroom?
  • I am growing weary of Hester always having the same excuse when she sends yucky down the runway.  That's what happens when you choose sink scrubbies as your fabric of choice.
  • Jamaal's dress was lovely but I do wish he would stop shopping in the sleeping bag section of Mood.

Honored Contributor

I saw in an article somewhere about the old PR that Tim would spend a lot more time with the contestants than what ends up in the edit.  It even gave an amount of time, but I don't remember how long it was.  We must remember that this is reality TV and the producers are manipulating us by what they acually show us.  

I do love Christian and his delivery, but I don't necessarily think one is better than the other.  Just different.  And it ends up being what the designer decides to do or not do with that advice.  I don't think sexuality or lack thereof has anything to do with it.