Respected Contributor

Re: Project Runway 5/16 - Back to Bravo! - SPOILERS

imo Sebastian got robbed - AGAIN.  I thought the 2 winners were Sebastian and Jamall over that purple frock.  I didn't like all those shiny outlines on the bottom of the dress and the top was too full.  Agreed w/who got sent home.  That was awful, with white boots no less.  Just because they are the thing right now doesn't mean you pair them with EVERYTHING.  I thought Jamall's puffer dress was beautifully done and I thought that would be right up Brandon Maxwell's alley cause he seems to do a lot of billowy things.  Garo's dress looks better in this photo than it did to my on TV last night.  Esp. did not like that hemline.  Tessa's was horrid.  I liked Hester's jacket and the color combo.  Her tee was cute. 

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

I'm with you on this one @jellyBEAN  I loved Sebatian's look. The layering upon layering is stunning. The top 3 were all beautiful. 

@LoriLori Bishme always does something a little different and I actually liked the fullness on the top. So bouncy as it came down the runway and sleek on the bottom. I couldn't make out the figures and thoguht it was just shimmer material.

I want to see Garo not make a corset and Jamali not use puffer material.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm over Hester and her designs. It's the same thing every week. Garo has to get out of the "costume" mindset and design for the real person. And try as he might, Venny just isn't there yet as far as designing and finishing.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think I liked the t-shirts better than the outfits!  Their stories were so personal that I got emotional with a lot of them.

I loved Sebastian, Jamall and Bishme and it was a hard decision and glad Bishme won -- Yay BA.  I loved Jamall's and the creativity.  Bishme's royal purple I think has something to do w/BA and that's also BA Ravens (football team color).   That's just my take. 

Venny's was just too horrible and I knew he would be going next.  Garo's was bad but not as bad as Venny's. 

Again, Hester and Tessa are safe.  Both horrible.  Tessa always has to do something outlandish and this was one of them.  As for Hester, she dialed it down a bit.  I agree with what the guest judge said about Tessa's (now I can't recall what it was).  I was going to flip out if the judges liked it but they didn't.

I noticed when Hester was going back down the runway afterwards, that her dress was so short, she had tatts close to her butt cheeks?  OMG.  Now that's weird.

I was reading some of the comments on PR on Facebook and I noticed the same thing that another person did that Hester was wearing those berets w/sayings on them as usual, and one of them said "Plz die"?  So inappropriate even to wear it when it wasn't for this challenge. 

Was it just my imagination or was Christian in the workroom more than usual?  I think it's nice!

Trusted Contributor

I too thought this was an emotional episode, and the accompanying T-shirts were a great idea.
@LoriLori Thank you for posting the pictures...they do look so different in print than on TV.
I agree with @jellyBEAN and @Yahooey ...Sebastian's dress was interesting and literal and I thought it deserved a win.
Trusted Contributor

@SWEET I think you are right...it seemed like Christian was in the workroom much more during this episode. Without Christian's suggestion to add some of the sequins to the bottom of the purple dress, Bishme might have been in trouble.
Go Baltimore! 💜
Honored Contributor

I think one reason Sebastian didn't win was because the judges were not as impressed with his work up close.  Of course, we don't get to see that very well so I'm not sure what they were seeing, but I did see raw edges, and that's a pet peeve for me.  I think he had the best T-shirt though.

Respected Contributor

@MarnieRez3 wrote:
@SWEETI think you are right...it seemed like Christian was in the workroom much more during this episode. Without Christian's suggestion to add some of the sequins to the bottom of the purple dress, Bishme might have been in trouble.
Go Baltimore! 💜

You're right about the sequins at the bottom of Bishme's dress.  I'm in MD but not close to BA but love to root for locals.  Bishme and Tessa are just too close for me.  Always hanging on each other.

I love that Swatch is back in the store more too. 

Honored Contributor

@SWEET  I don't know that Swatch is back in the store more, I think they're showing him more.  Maybe a few re-edits based on all the tweets where's Swatch?  

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori 

I think PR couldn't come to a $$$ for a Swatch appearance. He signed away for a pittance during the orig Bravo series. He now know his true worth and it isn't Kibbles and Bits or Ribbons and Bobbins lol

I admit I look for him when they are in Mood. He is much older now if he is the orig Swatch.