Honored Contributor

Re: Project Runway 4/4 - Back to Bravo! - SPOILERS

@Icegoddess 

I totally agree about the model pick, what's their hurry?  Also I'm trying to figure out if the eliminated designer's model goes but I can't figure it out yet.  I tihnk so, but not sure.  Anyone?

Honored Contributor

I would love to know where they were exactly but moreso WHEN.  Sounded like maybe NJ but 42 degrees with leaves falling...not normal weather in a NY winter.  It looked like late fall but I didn't think they started taping that soon.  Answers!!!  Anyone?  A lot of people are Googling it LOL but no answers.

Honored Contributor

@gardenman   @CinNC  @author 

Don't feel bad for the models.  That's a regular part of the job and the higher up the chain you go, the more you'll be asked to do it. 

Hike into the jungle.  Shoot swimsuits in freezing weather.  The more editorial shoots often out of season.   That's part of their job.  They would be lucky to have so much success.  The models were the only people there for whom that's part of the job except Marni, the stylist.

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@Icegoddess 

I totally agree about the model pick, what's their hurry?  Also I'm trying to figure out if the eliminated designer's model goes but I can't figure it out yet.  I tihnk so, but not sure.  Anyone?

I don't remember seeing any large-sized models in this episode.  

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess  I'm looking at Venn's now and not sure if she's the one Nadine insulted?  Definitely "curvy" (I like that, as long as they are perfectly proportioned) models if you look at the stills:  Venn's and Garo's.  Can't tell with Renee's.

From day one I've been amazed how much the model who wore Kovid this week looks like Alek Wek.  That won't help her career, it will hurt it, at least here and in Europe.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LoriLori wrote:

@Icegoddess  I'm looking at Venn's now and not sure if she's the one Nadine insulted?  Definitely "curvy" (I like that, as long as they are perfectly proportioned) models if you look at the stills:  Venn's and Garo's.  Can't tell with Renee's.

From day one I've been amazed how much the model who wore Kovid this week looks like Alek Wek.  That won't help her career, it will hurt it, at least here and in Europe.

Yes, she is curvy, but I think Nadine's model was a blonde if I'm remembering correctly.  

Edit:  Actually, she was a brunette.  I can't tell if they're the same with those glasses on.  I will say that episode 3 pic is terrible.  It makes her look like shes quite pregnant.

Honored Contributor

I'm sorry to see Afa go.  He's done some very nice things and Kovid doesn't have an editing eye.  It was a strange challenge,

This week I don't know what they judged on.  It was such a fun episode to watch but the challenge was poorly defined and the results reflected that.

I liked Renee's and thought she deserved the win.  As a scout mother she had an advantage.  If practicality matters so much I think Venn should have been top three.

If pretty matters then Lela should have been up there with Hester.  Afa, Lela, Hester and Sebastian didn't go survival, they all went pretty.  

Garo and Jamall were both a hot mess.

I don't get what they see in Rakun. 

I liked Bishme's but he made the model look really wide.  

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@LoriLori wrote:

Yes, she is curvy, but I think Nadine's model was a blonde if I'm remembering correctly.  

Edit:  Actually, she was a brunette.  I can't tell if they're the same with those glasses on.  I will say that episode 3 pic is terrible.  It makes her look like shes quite pregnant.

Jamall.  He got lucky other people's were worse because he could easily have gone home with that mess.

Trusted Contributor

I thought perhaps they were on Long Island? The models went back to Manhattan at night and then came back to the wilderness location the next day very early in the morning, so it couldn't have been too far away from NYC.
I loved Sonia's outfit with the twigs and long straps and mylar, but clearly it had problems with the skirt length.
Other than being a quirky sweet guy, I think Kovid needs to go home! Hester created an adorable outfit...she redeemed herself in my eyes after last week's picnic outfit.
Do you think Christian has a "SAVE" the way Tim Gunn had? For a brief moment, I thought he might save the crying contestant who was sent home last night. They never mentioned whether Christian had that ability.
I think the use of the stylist is really helping some so-so designs. Marni has such hip, outre out-of-the-box ideas. What a creative spirit!
Honored Contributor

@MarnieRez3 

The "Tim Gunn save" was created by the production company on Lifetime so I'd be surprised if Christian has it.

So they really didn't sleep there?  Did they say that and I missed it?  I want to know where and when they did this!   I feel played!

I'm trying to nail down a date and a FW.  Women's Spring/Summer is not until September.  I guess if they go back to giving them two months for their collections that could line up?  Or no?  (Math is not my subject.)