Re: Project Runway 4/4 - Back to Bravo! - SPOILERS

@LoriLori wrote:

@SWEET 

Can you see them now?  I can see them.  I don't get it!A

No.  Still seeing jpg!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi, @LoriLori!😊   I quoted your post and then switched it from "Rich Text" to "HTML" (at the top of the dialogue box toolbar).
               It shows that the images evidently are copied from (actually linked to) an Aol email account (let me know if you want to see the actual HTML code and I'll copy it and post it).
               These are "remote images" with internal code pointing over to Aol.   
               Q's website attempts to go to the link and access and process the digital pix but cannot because of the required login access.
               As a result of not being able to load the images properly, our devices convert the code into a small icon, or an empty box, or something of that nature (what we see may vary depending upon our device, browser, software).

Here's an example of your post and @SWEET's post, as they appear on my Mac using Chrome -- the colored square is called a "broken image icon":

BD1E551F-49C2-4314-84E6-39D75276AB9D.jpeg

92C6F39F-3E22-4462-A072-3F004116A1EA.jpeg

For a simple remedy, I'd suggest saving the images to your device and then using the "Insert/edit image" icon in the dialogue box toolbar to upload them here.   
               If that's clear as mud, please let me know and ask questions -- I have the beginnings of a migraine and might not be explaining well.🙃

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

Hi, @LoriLori!😊   I quoted your post and then switched it from "Rich Text" to "HTML" (at the top of the dialogue box toolbar).
               It shows that the images evidently are copied from (actually linked to) an Aol email account (let me know if you want to see the actual HTML code and I'll copy it and post it).
               These are "remote images" with internal code pointing over to Aol.   
               Q's website attempts to go to the link and access and process the digital pix but cannot because of the required login access.
               As a result of not being able to load the images properly, our devices convert the code into a small icon, or an empty box, or something of that nature (what we see may vary depending upon our device, browser, software).

Here's an example of your post and @SWEET's post, as they appear on my Mac using Chrome -- the colored square is called a "broken image icon":

BD1E551F-49C2-4314-84E6-39D75276AB9D.jpeg

92C6F39F-3E22-4462-A072-3F004116A1EA.jpeg

For a simple remedy, I'd suggest saving the images to your device and then using the "Insert/edit image" icon in the dialogue box toolbar to upload them here.   
               If that's clear as mud, please let me know and ask questions -- I have the beginnings of a migraine and might not be explaining well.🙃

That's the way I got my picture on here.  Feel better!

Honored Contributor

Thank you, @SWEET.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo  @Icegoddess   @SWEET   @MarnieRez3 

dooBdoo, thank you so much for that explanation.  I'm a total tech idiot.  Ever since the last big Microsoft Edge update on my computer I can't copy my pictures from the hard drive.  They stuck them in an app and I can't get them out!  It's very very annoying, there are pics in there that I cherish.

So since I couldn't get it from the hard drive I decided to email them to myself.  That's why the account.  

I still don't understand why I can see them but I ask you all -- @Icegoddess   @SWEET   @SWEET    @MarnieRez3   TO PLEASE DELETE THE EMPTY IMAGES!

That you could tell the ISP, dooBdoo, scares me not for my pals here but in general.  I've been messed with before by a few ill-intentioned people around here.  

So dooBdoo, I can't get the pics to copy off this One Drive thing.  I'm bereft.  Not just pics of mom but akl kinds of important pics.  I can see them but not copy them.  And it all happened after the update.  Any advice?

Sorry to pick your brain and hoping you feel all better today!

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori, since I didn't quote your post with the pics there is nothing I can delete.  

You might ask your question about getting the pictures onto your device in the Electronics group.  I'm on a Mac.  I have a Windows machine, but it's a Windows 7 machine and I only use it for 3 specific things that don't have a Mac counterpart.  Any chance there is an Export option where the pictures are located?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Thanks @Icegoddess .  My head is exploding from this and a few other things. I just googled it and I'm not the only one having problems.  Very frustrated. 

Thanks to the others for deleting those big-mouth little boxes that don't show mom but give away info. 

Trusted Contributor

@LoriLori
Deleted everything. Don't sweat it, lovey.
I value everyone's privacy here. 💙
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo   I tried your instructions and I can see her but so could I last time.  

Can you see her @dooBdoo   @Icegoddess   @MarnieRez3   @SWEET  ?

If you can, like I said in my OP, I picked this out, I've been selecting her clothes for around the last five years, but she has lovely stuff in her closet she chose.  And after her fifth and sixth fall a few months ago, her doctor and I have finally gotten her to quit wearing heels with her walker!

I think she looks very good.  Including her hair.  Grandma Chic.   If "grandma" is an insult then insult me when I get to her age!!!

Let me know if I'm the only one seeing things again and thanks so much @dooBdoo .  

My Mom:

mom3-14-16-4.jpg

mom3-14-2016-3.jpg

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori, she's a stylin' Grandma.  BTW, I'm a Grandma too, but at 40 I thought I wasn't old enough to be a Grandma so instead I became Mama B.  Took that from my paternal grandparents.  I'm not sure, but I'm guessing that was a way to distinguish them from my maternal grandparents.