Honored Contributor

Project Runway 4/4 - Back to Bravo! - SPOILERS

[ Edited ]

I couldn't believe I got home from dinner and my show was not recording.  I have no idea what happenend, but hopefully I have it fixed for the future, and there's a re-run later, so I'm recording that.  Even though it wasn't recording my DirecTV let me rewind to the beginning, so I lucked out, but wouldn't let me FF thru the commercials. 

If the model cards are a random pick, what does it really matter whether you’re 1st or not? You only get one blind pick.

My thoughts during the runway show (and a link to the pics) in no particular order. I typed the names in before the show:

https://www.bravotv.com/project-runway/season-17/season-17/blogs/runway-recap-episode-4

Kovid: Just NO! Train wreck

Hester: Really cute. I like the use of the D-clips.

Sebastian: Love the dress.

Afa: I don’t think survival, but it is him. I see the Hawaiian influence. I think he fell in love with his flowers and designed for them instead of for the challenge.

Renee: Tarpy and just too much stuff. Of course the judges disagree with me on that one.

Biahme: Really like that one and it did look survival.

Rakan: Not fond of it at all. Of course the judges did not agree with me on this one too.

Jamall: Did not care for that one at all

Lela: I guess survival chic does describe her design with the emphasis on chic.

Tessa: A bit too revealing. Needs more clothes on

Sonia: I loved it before the addition of the mylar. One of the judges disagrees with me, but Nina does & Brandon I think do. Maybe if she had just used the mylar in the back.

Garo: Not exactly survival, but interesting

Venny: Okay, didn’t care for the tarpy characeristic.  

Of the top 3 I would’ve chosen Hester’s although I’m sure that is not who they will choose. But, that is no surprise since I didn’t really care for the other two. To go home, I would choose Kovid.

Honored Contributor

Re: Project Runway 4/4 - Back to Bravo! - SPOILERS

I'm not a fan of Hester (she would drive me crazy being around her) but I thought her's was the best last night. Typically anyone who uses somewhat conventional stuff, like a tarp, for fabric gets ripped, but they liked the tarp and the knick-knacks hanging off it last night. 

I felt really sorry for the models. Come on Bravo, don't make the poor girls strip down to next to nothing in forty degree weather for the fitting and runway. Set up a heated tent, RV, or something for them for the fitting. At the very least have the runway inside someplace warm. The models aren't Eskimos. 

I'm not really into this season so far. I'm watching it, but that's more because there's nothing better on.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

I agree with making the models and the designers...........stay out in the cold weather. Not a good decision. 

Respected Contributor

Well I have two words for ya about this episode - HOT MESS!

I think the wrong person won, and I think the wrong person got sent home. 

Hester is quirky, and she had immunity from last week, yet she created the most attractive and well made looking garment I thought.  I was really impressed.  If it wasn't "survival" enough, well none of them were really.  I thought the winning look was a disaster. 

I think the wrong fellow got sent home.  I seem to recall him making some really attractive outfits in previous challenges.  This was his first time in the bottom, next to the other fellow who has been in the bottom a couple times.  Is it Kovid?  Anyway, I think he should have been given the boot  to go home.

I'm enjoying the show.  I don't miss Heidi at all, and Christian is a good fill in for Tim Gunn.  I'm also getting to like the new judges a little more, but still believe Michael Kors was THE BEST!

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Respected Contributor

I'm so sad about who went home.  I keep thinking back to the beginning of the episode when Tessa talked him out of what he was originally doing and if he would have continued with his original design, if he would have been safe.  As quirky as Hestor's design was, I thought the challenge was OUTERWEAR?

I was cold just watching it.

Honored Contributor

I'm afraid the producers have fallen in love with Kovid's story.  

Respected Contributor

I thought Kovid should have gone home, but they feature him so frequently during the show that I suppose they want to keep him on for his personality and angst. 

I did not like the winning look at all, was shocked at something that looked like a draped tarp and hood with hanging scouting stuff everywhere would win over the other two top looks which were pretty great.  Not a huge fan of Hester but that dress was terrific.

Felt sorry for them in the damp and cold and camping; I couldn't be creative or work well in that environment and they pulled through and came up with a runway show.  But....the poor models in that cold and wet, ridiculous.  

Totally disappointing episode.  Hope they never do that again.

Valued Contributor

I agree about the producers loving Kovid.  I think he's adorable, but they really do spend a lot of time on him.  I still don't know much about so many of the other designers because they are rarely seen or heard from.

I felt so bad for Afa, & thought Kovid should have gone home.  

Renee's "winning" look was a mess!

I don't miss Heidi or Tim AT ALL.  I agree that Michael Kors was the best judge ever!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

As much as I adore Kovid, he should have gone home and Afa should have stayed.

They gushed over Renee's and it was a hot mess.  Yes it was fit for survival but all over the place. 

I loved Rakan's and he should have won.

Hester's was well-made but not fit for the outdoors like a lot of them were.  It was cold and rainy for crying out loud.

I liked Bishme's too and a few others that don't stand out. 

It repeats next week so I want to watch it again. 

Honored Contributor

First, the looks.  

@Icegoddess  they go up on Bravo very quickly.  They're called "recap" but they are really the looks and it would help so much if they could be in the top post.  If you can.

https://www.bravotv.com/project-runway/season-17/season-17/blogs/runway-recap-episode-4

There Smiley Happy  So much easier to read about them and comment when they're there.  Also in the still you can really examine and see things you didn't see  unless you keep starting and stopping but they make it so easy.