Honored Contributor

Re: Project Runway 4/25 - Back to Bravo! Spoilers

@LoriLori wrote:

I love Brandon.  He's a perfect balance of snark and helpful.  I love Christian.  Mentoring should start at Mood.  He doesn't want his charges dooming themselves from the start with wrong fabric.  Tim Gunn did that but again, not with the charm and humor and relatability that Christian does.

Jamall's was 100% a result of Christian's mentoring.  Take off the muslim and just drape.  I loved it.  I've seen it before but IMO it was the best of a bad bunch. 

@LoriLori I so agree, Christian's mentoring really got me in the feels this week.  I always liked/enjoyed Tim Gunn and felt he genuinely wanted everyone to succeed but this week it seemed to me that Christian was just so involved in what folks were doing from the selection of the fabric to design ideas and (for me) herding Tessa back to her own space.  Maybe he seems more empathetic because he's been there, done that and knows exactly how folks are feeling.  I am so happy for all of his success . . . Heart

Trusted Contributor

Oh my...I must say...Utterly disappointed in EVERY design this week. Elegance? I just didn't see it in any of the offerings. I love the praise for Christian from the posters here as without Christian's guidance, Jamall would have made yet another boring blazer. But...the resulting dress looked like a plaid sheet wrapped around the model...I didn't see any effort! Did he even hem the fabric?
Just not a banner week for any of the designers.
I thought it was a week where Nina's frequent comments about taste level were particularly appropriate.
The highlight was the acrylic lunch box handbags...fabulous!
Trusted Contributor

I find myself half watching. For me this has become the Hester show.

I not find her cute and kitchsy the way others find her. I find her exhausting. Watching her body language during the runway show and during judging was for me screaming I dare you to say anything bad about my design. And it was awful The skirt was from Little house on the prarire and the top was from things we probably cant say on here. I have not liked one of her desgins. They are not well made and they are for childish.

Tessa should not be there. She is shady and a busy body, always pretending to be a friend, then talks smack about everyone. She is always giving side eye.

The wrong designer went home. Sonia's dress to some may be boring but it was well made and looked beautiful on the model.

Bishme' s outfit was a mess.

I thought Sebastians was beautiful. How he was not in the top three makes no sense. I question the judges tastes. When they fawn over bad designs it encourages that person to continue to put out horrible clothing.

I want to see how they get the ideas, how they make the clothing and a great runway show. Spare me the clowns and the drama. I get enough of that with the real houswives.  I am just disappointed in this show.        

Respected Contributor

@lenapecci wrote:

I find myself half watching. For me this has become the Hester show.

I not find her cute and kitchsy the way others find her. I find her exhausting. Watching her body language during the runway show and during judging was for me screaming I dare you to say anything bad about my design. And it was awful The skirt was from Little house on the prarire and the top was from things we probably cant say on here. I have not liked one of her desgins. They are not well made and they are for childish.

Tessa should not be there. She is shady and a busy body, always pretending to be a friend, then talks smack about everyone. She is always giving side eye.

The wrong designer went home. Sonia's dress to some may be boring but it was well made and looked beautiful on the model.

Bishme' s outfit was a mess.

I thought Sebastians was beautiful. How he was not in the top three makes no sense. I question the judges tastes. When they fawn over bad designs it encourages that person to continue to put out horrible clothing.

I want to see how they get the ideas, how they make the clothing and a great runway show. Spare me the clowns and the drama. I get enough of that with the real houswives.  I am just disappointed in this show.        

@lenapecci, well said in every way especially about Tessa.  Can't stand her nor Hester.  They both need to go.  Tessa reminds me of Christina from All-Stars but in a bad way.  I think it's her hair that reminds me of her along with her face shape. 

Trusted Contributor

@Lennapecci and @SWEET
I am sad to have to agree with you...this is not a bumper crop of designers like in previous years. The revamped show is great...but this pool of designers is disappointing. Bishme and Jamal are like first-year FIT students, and I don't care how many Fashion Week shows they've had. Tessa must go and please don't get me started on Hester...well, okay, let me get started...
Hester is supposed to be a progressive young lesbian, yet she wears baby doll clothing with an BDSM necklace and creates a two-piece outfit by literally "pasting on" pasties and setting women's fashions back a few decades. There's no way a man would have designed that without serious wrath from the judges. So Hester offers it up for shock value just because she has immunity?
I find her to be a derivative designer who is trying to be Betsey Johnson but is falling way short. To be truly provocative requires originality.
I have struggled getting through the last three episodes...and I normally so look forward to watching this show. (The commentary here from the posters has become more entertaining to me than the actual show!) Perhaps the show will improve when they get down to fewer designers...right now I don't see any superstars.
I got caught up on the word "elegance" this week. I was thinking that "elegance" is not a subjective term, like "hip" or "modern." Elegance is an adjective describing a specific luxe look, and it is timeless. I was hoping for designs that were lush, Grace Kelly Old Hollywood.
Honored Contributor

@MarnieRez3 wrote:
@Lennapecci and @SWEET
I am sad to have to agree with you...this is not a bumper crop of designers like in previous years. The revamped show is great...but this pool of designers is disappointing. Bishme and Jamal are like first-year FIT students, and I don't care how many Fashion Week shows they've had. Tessa must go and please don't get me started on Hester...well, okay, let me get started...
Hester is supposed to be a progressive young lesbian, yet she wears baby doll clothing with an BDSM necklace and creates a two-piece outfit by literally "pasting on" pasties and setting women's fashions back a few decades. There's no way a man would have designed that without serious wrath from the judges. So Hester offers it up for shock value just because she has immunity?
I find her to be a derivative designer who is trying to be Betsey Johnson but is falling way short. To be truly provocative requires originality.
I have struggled getting through the last three episodes...and I normally so look forward to watching this show. (The commentary here from the posters has become more entertaining to me than the actual show!) Perhaps the show will improve when they get down to fewer designers...right now I don't see any superstars.
I got caught up on the word "elegance" this week. I was thinking that "elegance" is not a subjective term, like "hip" or "modern." Elegance is an adjective describing a specific luxe look, and it is timeless. I was hoping for designs that were lush, Grace Kelly Old Hollywood.

@MarnieRez3 I don't know about specific, but yes, luxe.  To me it also means simple, which was where the editing comes in.  Simple doesn't necessarily mean boring.  And they were given the budget for more higher end fabrics.  Remember that black fabric Christian held up in Mood that I was in love with?  Well, looks like Bishme bought it, but then ended up using that awful print.  Although, having bought that black fabric, I certainly wouldn't have bought that skirt fabric to go with it.  

Trusted Contributor

@Icegoddess Right? I don't understand where all the money went! The pink fabric looked like a simple wool crepe, maybe, and it was a short dress!
Yes, that black fabric looked stunning AND luxe.
Respected Contributor

I know my opinion about the 'fashions' created on this show doesn't mean c*** to anyone, but Hester's dress was horrible.  There was nothing elegant about it.  And whoever said that if she were a man, she would have been taken to task was right.  It was horrible and I loathe the way Hester stands on the runway for critiques when she has her head tilted down and looks over her glasses.  Her design was a ballroom skirt and a see through t shirt (long sleeved) with buttons over the nipples.

And I'm glad Christian basically told Tessa to stay in her lane.  The look on her face when she doesn't win cracks me up because she acts like she's going to win every challenge.

I was okay with who went home.  Does Christian get a save this year like Tim did?

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli wrote:

I know my opinion about the 'fashions' created on this show doesn't mean c*** to anyone, but Hester's dress was horrible.  There was nothing elegant about it.  And whoever said that if she were a man, she would have been taken to task was right.  It was horrible and I loathe the way Hester stands on the runway for critiques when she has her head tilted down and looks over her glasses.  Her design was a ballroom skirt and a see through t shirt (long sleeved) with buttons over the nipples.

And I'm glad Christian basically told Tessa to stay in her lane.  The look on her face when she doesn't win cracks me up because she acts like she's going to win every challenge.

I was okay with who went home.  Does Christian get a save this year like Tim did?

@DrKelli, it's never been mentioned so I assume not.  Also, remember when Tim got the save he also started sitting in on the runway shows and did have some input when the judges were taking a closer look at the garments although not a vote.

Trusted Contributor

@DrKelli I think I remember @LoriLori posting that the Tim Gunn save was a Lifetime channel feature and would probably not be repeated by Bravo...although Karlie K did steal Heidi's tagline, "One day you're in, the next you're out..." so perhaps Christian could conceivably steal the save idea from Tim.
I miss the save...it threw a complete monkey wrench into the proceedings and let the judges know they are not always right about whom they choose to send home. It knocks the judges' imperial attitude down a peg.