Honored Contributor

Project Runway 4/18 - Back to Bravo! Spoilers

Another great challenge and episode..  

Here are the garments.  Lots to discuss.

https://www.bravotv.com/project-runway/season-17/season-17/blogs/runway-recap-episode-6

Honored Contributor

Re: Project Runway 4/18 - Back to Bravo! Spoilers

As I was afraid of the weather got me.  Totally missed the runway show.  It came back on in time for the critiques though.  All I'll say is of the ones that were pulled for the critiques, I disagree with the one chosen as the winner.  I'll come back with more after I get to actually watch the entire thing.  Hopefully, all the heavy rain is done for the evening.  I have it set for the 10:30 showing.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Again, the wrong person won.  I didn't think Hester's was that innovative for a video game.  Garo's was definitely my choice and he should have won.  Maybe they're thinking that it's status quo for a video game?  Some of the designs looked better in the drawings!

Tessa, for once, was innovative but what's going on w/her and Bishme?  Not sure who gave them the look when they were "going at it" w/the gloves but I had the same expression. 

Speaking of Hester and I don't mean this in a disrespectful way, but when I saw her wife I didn't figure her as gay.  Her wife is just as quirky as she is!

Poor Rakan, I liked him as a person but not as a designer.  Why wasn't Bishme on the top?  I would have traded him for Hester.

Venny was just too literal and it looked liked sportwear w/feathers. Step it up or you might be the next to go.

Onto next week.  Can't believe that they are down to 10 already.

I like that Christian is in the workroom more than Tim was or is it just my imagination? 

I wasn't sure if I was going to miss Tim and Heidi or not.  Come to find out that that I really don't even though I loved Tim more than Heidi.

Respected Contributor

I just wanted to check in--I haven't watched the episode because it was on an hour later here, but I will watch tonight and come back with my comments! 

Happy Easter or Happy Passover to you!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DrKelli wrote:

I just wanted to check in--I haven't watched the episode because it was on an hour later here, but I will watch tonight and come back with my comments! 

Happy Easter or Happy Passover to you!

Sorry I spoiled it for you @DrKelli, since you haven't seen it before.  Every week the time changes.  One week it's 9 pm (EST) and the next week is 8 pm or 8:30 pm.  I'm glad my DVR gets it straight when DVRing it since I have it DVRing the series.

Happy Passover and Happy Easter to all.  I'm the Happy Passover girl.  :-)

Respected Contributor

@SWEET , you didn't spoil it!  I didn't read the comments yet!!!

Respected Contributor

@DrKelli wrote:

@SWEET , you didn't spoil it!  I didn't read the comments yet!!!

@DrKelli, glad to know that you didn't read mine since I think I was the spoiler!  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Umm the one's I think are the clear winners don't seem to win.

I thought Garo's was a wow and should have won.

Rahan was the worst and should have been sent home, I knew it was just a matter of time before that happened.  I meant Jamall was the worst but I knew Rahan would be leaving sooner than later.

Nina seems to be more relax and having fun now.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SWEET wrote:

Again, the wrong person won.  I didn't think Hester's was that innovative for a video game.  Garo's was definitely my choice and he should have won.  Maybe they're thinking that it's status quo for a video game?  Some of the designs looked better in the drawings!

Tessa, for once, was innovative but what's going on w/her and Bishme?  Not sure who gave them the look when they were "going at it" w/the gloves but I had the same expression. 

Speaking of Hester and I don't mean this in a disrespectful way, but when I saw her wife I didn't figure her as gay.  Her wife is just as quirky as she is!

Poor Rakan, I liked him as a person but not as a designer.  Why wasn't Bishme on the top?  I would have traded him for Hester.

Venny was just too literal and it looked liked sportwear w/feathers. Step it up or you might be the next to go.

Onto next week.  Can't believe that they are down to 10 already.

I like that Christian is in the workroom more than Tim was or is it just my imagination? 

I wasn't sure if I was going to miss Tim and Heidi or not.  Come to find out that that I really don't even though I loved Tim more than Heidi.

@SWEET 

A sweet Passover to you!  Happy Easter to those who do that and Happy PassEaster for those who do that!

It says SPOILERS so anyone who opens the thread knows what they're getting.

@SWEET  Some people are more masculine like Ellen but my cousin and her wife are what are sometimes called "lipstick lesbians," and you would never know.  I've also met extremely effeminate men who turned out to be straight!  You never can tell!

Honored Contributor

This is my take on Hester, Tessa and Garo's:

Tessa's was perfect which was the problem, it could have fit in a game twenty years ago. My nephew obsessively played SIM games and Tessa's character was so darn good and you could just slide her in to any older game and that wasn't the challenge.

Garo's:  I'm not going to touch his fetish for bondage and that job he had, that was TMI -- was not what they wanted.  Just from the time we saw the video game execs, and they would have spent much more time with the designers than we saw, they were clear that they wanted a fierce modern woman. Think Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman.

Garo missed that point.  It was so well done (and Mimi truly is the best model, she rocked it) but the sexuality was exactly what they didn't want as a superpower.   Garo's was so good they had to put him in the top but IMO -- and covering up the cleavage was his best decision --  because he chose sex as the power, they couldn't give him the win.  

Hester's was on point where the designers/execs said they want to take women in gaming.   I loved Tessa's but it wasn't modern.  I loved the quality of Garo's but it didn't meet the challenge. Only Hester's met the challenge -- fierce character, strong, still feminine but not dependent on her femininity and very modern.  .

And Hester's was really well done, I loved the backpack. I didn't like the styling but I don't play SIM games.