Honored Contributor

Project Runway 4/11 -- Back to Bravo! Spoilers

Dapper Dan is a legend!  Loved that they went to his place and he supplied the fabrics and kicks.

https://www.bravotv.com/project-runway/runway-recap-episode-5

I want Bishme's!  It's already for sale -- $300 for the jacket, $138 for the shirt, $127 for the pant.  I want the jacket and the pant!  I love it and think it was perfect and so glad he won.  The logo and city on the back of the jacket perfectly embodied the challenge.

I was sick of Kovid crying.  And he doesn't get it. 

I don't think Rakun does either, it's like he's always on a different page.  

I think Jamall's was the worst.  But Kovid's not getting it.

Lot of great looks.  Top three were all winners and Bishme's was definitely the best!

Garo's was super fun.  And not only was Venny's fierce, it's the first time Asia was properly fitted.  She looked great. 

I love the mentoring (including Dapper Dan's tonight) and I love the judging.  Seems like back on Bravo there's more time given to the judging and the comments are so on point, the judges are all so great.

I also like how they don't say the same good-bye to everyone.  Each person is treated as an individual by Karlie and by Christian.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Project Runway 4/11 -- Back to Bravo! Spoilers

Here are my comments as they come down the runway.  I added extra comments for the ones that got a critique.  Sometimes, I just look at them and draw a blank and there’s just not a lot of time to do much but go by gut reaction. 

Hester: Kinda cute, but I don’t know about streetwear.

Rakan: Didn’t look street to me.  Didn’t care for it. 

Sebastian: I kinda liked it.  I noticed the judges thought it was kinda futuristic. 

Venny: Venny’s is looking good, and he got a curvy model.  That was the one I thought they were going to say was Suburban (from the commercial tease), but I guess not.

Sonia: Doesn’t say streetwear to me.

Lela: I just don’t know.  Very simple

Jamall: Nope, nope, nope.

Bishme: I like this look although not fond of the poofy sleeves, but appropriate for the challenge.

Garo: That’s a winner in my book.

Kovid: Kovid just needs to go home.  And this is the “Suburban” one?  Really?  I live in the suburbs and this is NOT what I would expect to see anybody wearing.  Sounds like he designed a story about his background, not streetwear.

Renee: Too much stuff.

Tessa: Didn’t care for this one either.

I have always wondered how much time they get to work on their looks the day of the runway show.  They sure do seem to get a lot of work done in that amount of time, so surely it’s more than an hour or so.

So, did anybody notice in the workroom there was a dress form with legs and it had black circles pinned on the buttocks?  I swear, I did the exact same thing with my body form.  I don’t have an actual dress form, but a body form from a mannequin shop.  It had partial legs because I often made Figure Skating costumes, so I wanted an actual crotch.  They only come in non-adjustable sizes, so I padded her to my measurements.  I used discarded full shoulder pads, which are round, to help fill out the butt.

Honored Contributor

Since I can't link to The New York Times, if you have a time google:

"New York Times Project Runway is Back on Bravo, Here's What to Expect."

Very interesting article.  I love the comments by each of the judges and the little glimpse into their notes.  You can't fake the kind of chemistry and camaraderie the judges have and they're all so accomplished.  And Christian is next level.  

I also love Fern Mallis's comments about Project Runway competition in general.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Garo's and Bishme (hometown boy --  I live in MD but not close to BA) were my top 2.  Bishme's was definitely streetwear.  It would have been a hard decision for me to pick one if I was a judge.

I didn't like Venny's at all but if I had to pick #3 I guess it would be him since the others weren't close to the top.  It was streetwear but just about.

Hester still doesn't thrill me at all and neither does Renee. 

Jamall's was awful but poor Kovid's was all over the place. It was time for him to leave.  He's been on the bottom 3x in a row if I'm counting right.

What's w/Tessa and Bishmee (I think it was him when they were in the workroom) all over each other and saying things like I want you to be the mother of my twins? I know they are all friendly and hugging each other but that was just weird and awkward.

Christian was really hard on the 3 of them when they were eating.  I can understand him though since it was close to the day's end and that was it for the challenge.

Respected Contributor

I enjoyed last night's episode, but I think Rakun needs to go.  He really doesn't care what the challenge is, he's going to do his own thing and that's going to be good enough.  I definitely think Kovid was the right choice to go last night and I liked the winning design.  I thought it was the most "street" of the streetwear challenge.

I still can't stand Tessa and Hester.  They work my last nerve.

Respected Contributor

@DrKelli wrote:

I enjoyed last night's episode, but I think Rakun needs to go.  He really doesn't care what the challenge is, he's going to do his own thing and that's going to be good enough.  I definitely think Kovid was the right choice to go last night and I liked the winning design.  I thought it was the most "street" of the streetwear challenge.

I still can't stand Tessa and Hester.  They work my last nerve.

@DrKelli, I'm with you all the way on everything you just said.  Tessa and Hester have always been my least favorites from the start.  Doesn't Tessa remind you of Christina from Australia from PR All Stars?  I think Christina had a nice personality though.  :-)

Respected Contributor

@SWEET , yes! That is exactly who she reminds me of.  One thing I notice she does a lot is when a designer asks for her opinion, she immediately says "it's not really you" or something to that effect, planting the seeds of doubt in their mind.  It happened last week with Afa and I think she did it to Sebastian this week.  And then it gets in their heads and they have a cr*ppy design.

Honored Contributor

Sebastian was already insecure from the get-go of this challenge.  I don't think he was even sure what street-wear is.  I would certainly have a problem with it, but then again, I don't have a creative bone in my body.  I know it when I see it, and maybe I can copy it, but create it?  No!  Same goes for interior design.  

Honored Contributor

Tessa thinks she's cute as a bright brass button and can't get enough attention.

Hester prides herself on being unique and quirky, to me she tries too hard and deserves an award for being annoying.

Kovid is an emotional train wreck and another attention whre.

Respected Contributor

@DrKelli wrote:

@SWEET , yes! That is exactly who she reminds me of.  One thing I notice she does a lot is when a designer asks for her opinion, she immediately says "it's not really you" or something to that effect, planting the seeds of doubt in their mind.  It happened last week with Afa and I think she did it to Sebastian this week.  And then it gets in their heads and they have a cr*ppy design.

Tessa said that last week is right to Afa and look what happened.  He listened to her and ended up going home.  I just don't like her attitude or her personality.