Honored Contributor

Re: Project Runway 3/21 - Back to Bravo! - SPOILERS

@tipsy wrote:

Wow, I'm impressed you remember all the designers!

I figured Frankie wouldn't last long, she just doesn't have the skills to compete.  I was glad they didn't send Ovid home.  

Am glad Sebastian won, but Afa's look was amazing too.

I haven't watched the entire show yet (basketball) but ITA.  Sebastian's was my favorite but Afa;s was anazing.  He is so talented AND has such a cute baby!  .

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tipsy wrote:

@MarnieRez3  I agree about Christian as a mentor, plus it helps that he has been in their shoes.  

I never heard of Brandon Maxwell before but I really like him too...he's way better than Isaac!

@tipsy  he's also way better than Zac Posen, who he replaced.  Zac's crits were often generic and too many were skewed to his own (mostly boring) design aesthetic.  After six seasons of Zac it's so refreshing to have Zac Brandon.

And those on the fence about Elaine Welteroth:  Remember, Teen Vogue is still part of Vogue.  So she didn't just parachute in there. 

I love her first cover but she's had to do a lot of styling and photo shoots to get there.  So all but Karlie have done a lot of styling and as a supermodel Karlie knows how a garment should photograph and that's bonus -- they all do. 

Heidi wasn't a high fashion model, she did  photo shoots and Victoria's Secret runway but Karlie has done a lot of FW runways and also photo shoots that are more high-fashion than Heidi's.  I love Heidi and respect what she did with PR and miss her but Karlie has a better resume.

Which makes this the most qualified group of judges ever.

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli wrote:

I'm so far behind--I still have to watch this week's All Stars--I'll try to get  caught up this weekend with the new PR . . .

I haven't seen All Stars except the very end and I was in and out of PR Bravo.  If I had to catch up, and if you haven't seen the two-hour Survivor yet, I would do it in this order:

Survivor!  (epic epic epic)

PR Bravo

All Stars

I don't even feel the need to watch All Stars.

Honored Contributor

@MarnieRez3   @gardenman 

I think part of the reason for the mess is that the first 14 seasons were shot at Parsons. I doubt production would touch a single thing in case they mess up somebody's something.  But I think filming at Parsons had an effect on the designers and Tim Gunn is so buttoned up that may have contributed.

I love this set, it's very Brooklyn chic.  It's actually an old warehouse there.  

Honored Contributor

Here's a great article on Mood if anyone is interested. Had no idea they mostly sell designer closeout fabrics. 

https://www.moodfabrics.com/blog/tips-for-first-time-visitors-to-mood-fabrics-nyc/

It's all very interesting.  I found it trying to check on Swatch but the article is four years old. 

Have they shown Swatch yet?  He would be 15 years on Project Runway and he was not a puppy in Season 1.  I've wondered over the years if Swatch passed away if they'd get another Swatch because he's so iconic.  That's the closest to a conspiracy theory I'll ever get.

Respected Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

Here's a great article on Mood if anyone is interested. Had no idea they mostly sell designer closeout fabrics. 

https://www.moodfabrics.com/blog/tips-for-first-time-visitors-to-mood-fabrics-nyc/

It's all very interesting.  I found it trying to check on Swatch but the article is four years old. 

Have they shown Swatch yet?  He would be 15 years on Project Runway and he was not a puppy in Season 1.  I've wondered over the years if Swatch passed away if they'd get another Swatch because he's so iconic.  That's the closest to a conspiracy theory I'll ever get.

I saw Swatch in one show so far but of course it's still early in the show. 

Honored Contributor

@SWEET  do you think it's the same dog?  The first show filmed in 2004.  I don't know much about the life span of dogs let alone that breed.  (Cat person.)  Seems like a long time for a dog to live or am I wrong?

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori , we used to have a store within an hour's drive that sold a lot of designer closeouts too.  It originally occupied 2 buildings, but eventually downsized it to one.  It was called Sirs fabrics.  Regrettably, it burned down, I thnk it was late 2017/early 2018.  There were actually 2 fires.  The first one damaged but didn't destroy it, but then it rekindled and destroyd everything.  The family opted not to restart the business.  I've been in fabric mourning ever since.  All we have now is JoAnns, and they're pretty worthless for fashion fabric.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess  I can't heart a fire let alone two so I'll just say I'm sorry Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@SWEET wrote:

@LoriLori wrote:

I saw Swatch in one show so far but of course it's still early in the show. 

@SWEET 

@LoriLori 

I was so glad to see who I believe is Swatch as I was always bummed if they didn't have him in an episode.  I believe he may be the original Swatch as the dog shown on this week's show appeared to be elderly and they usually showed him bounding about in previous seasons.  He must have a great life there, lots of folks to love on him/keep him active and I am sure a very protective group that knows when it's time for him to rest.

Can you tell I love dogs?  Heart