Honored Contributor

Project Runway 11/2/17 SPOILER

[ Edited ]

I have no idea when the west coast views this program so I made this a spoiler.  Well, all 5 left were selected but only 3 will show collections so next week should be interesting.  This was the first time I saw something great by the Japanese guy.  Sorry, I am good at faces but bad at names.  The blond guy has been very consistent with his designs and his designs always look polished so I know he will be in the finals.  I have to say I did not care for the one woman that is plus size to cry and tell her sad story.  Get a grip lady, you should be professional.  It should be on your talent not your life's story. IMO  If you are talented, then bring it on!  Cat Tongue

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

Re: Project Runway 11/2/17 SPOILER

Kentaro’s outfit was fabulous! The best I’ve seen since Christian Seriano’s runway show,I think. 

I doubt Margarita and Kenya will be chosen to go to fashion week. 

I also loved the fabric that Brandon used for his jacket. 

Respected Contributor

Loved Brandon's and Kentaro's so much.  Margarita really pulled it off at the end that's for sure.  I actually liked it more than I thought I would. 

I am still shaking my head that Kenya is going!  She makes such "normal" clothes and didn't win one challenge.  Should be interesting to see what her collection is like.

She and Margarita won't be going to Fashion Week in my opinion.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I have no idea when the west coast views this program so I made this a spoiler.  Well, all 5 left were selected but only 3 will show collections so next week should be interesting.  This was the first time I saw something great by the Japanese guy.  Sorry, I am good at faces but bad at names.  The blond guy has been very consistent with his designs and his designs always look polished so I know he will be in the finals.  I have to say I did not care for the one woman that is plus size to cry and tell her sad story.  Get a grip lady, you should be professional.  It should be on your talent not your life's story. IMO  If you are talented, then bring it on!  Cat Tongue

@Katcat1  We are three hours behind you.  We see it at 9:00, so it is midnight your time.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Katcat1  I didn't like the crying either, so sick of this sort of behavior.  I can't imagine that she will go to fashion week, I just hope Ayana and Kentauro go, know Brandon will.

Honored Contributor

I fell asleep early on and woke up very late in time to see two things:  Kenya overemoting, kissing the runway, and a preview of next week's episode that showed a wounded Tim Gunn (he'd fallen and had his head bandaged).

Ayana was way behind because of a flood she came home to but there was a beautiful gown and some lovely sketches.

Tim Gunn didn't like Kenya's stuff and wow, no surprise there.  Not her color story and not her designs.  Two comments about Kenya before I see the the whole of last night's episode:

Can you imagine how bad that animal-print thing she's always wearing smells?  Ugh, it grosses me out so bad..

And in Tim's home visit she didn't have the red lipstick.  Like she saw the show and realized what a bad look that is for her.  Her personal style is still a hot mess though.  How can she not realize how much that stuff counts when you want to design? 

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Katcat1  I didn't like the crying either, so sick of this sort of behavior.  I can't imagine that she will go to fashion week, I just hope Ayana and Kentauro go, know Brandon will.

I also don't like Margarita's constant references to being Puerto Rican or "a little Puerto Rican girl."  That matters how?  Fashion week happened before the hurricane so to me it has no relevance and is gratuitous and slightly obnoxious.

Honored Contributor

Oh, Lori, so often you post what I'm thinking. Neither of us are taken in by sob stories.

Kenya doesn't seem to have a clue what fabrics compliment each other. Perhaps she's a devotee of LOGO, everything goes with everything. 

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

Oh, Lori, so often you post what I'm thinking. Neither of us are taken in by sob stories.

Kenya doesn't seem to have a clue what fabrics compliment each other. Perhaps she's a devotee of LOGO, everything goes with everything. 

@occasionalrain, and so often you post what I'm thinking!!!  

Sob stories, ethnic cards, including Justin LeBlanc, the deaf designer who got the Tim Gunn save -- I don't go for that.  And my best friend since I'm three, her parents were both born deaf and she works as an interpreter so I'm not biased.  But he was not a talented designer and he didn't deserve the save!  Justin LeBlanc's designs are awful and anyone who doesn't believe me can google him LOL.

:

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.