Honored Contributor

Re: Project Runway: 10/9 episode (spoilers)

The slits at the shoulders of Sean's white dress were stolen from a previous Kini design. I liked the white dress except for that odd slit that went up the too short back. It looked like he ran out of material and made do with what he had.

Too me, Kini is the clear winner but somehow I think Sean will be their choice.

Honored Contributor

I still go back to when Kini and Sean were working together and Kini made the outfit and Sean didn't speak up. I can't remember if it was the blouse or skirt but it was the piece that saved Sean (Kini made that piece). Kini never spoke up and said, "I made it" and neither did Sean. I have a feeling that was the turning point.

Perhaps had one spoken up things would/will turn out differently. Wouldn't it be sad if Sean won in a way because I truly believe had it turned out differently on that day Sean would have been let go, thus he wouldn't still be in the running.

I have a feeling Heidi really likes Sean. She seemed to be leaning toward her fellow countryman initially but when he got bumped, she seemed to turn to Sean.

I thought that was interesting.....no...(I'm thinking)...what he thought (Sean, that is) was 'safe' when he took the child''s jumpsuit and put all of that ugly fringe on it. Remember that's what he did to the dress that Heidi went bonkers with. I think he thought, "I'll just hang this junk on this and maybe squeak by with that!

These are just my ideas (not very well versed in this show). I did used to make all of my clothes when I worked. I used to love to sew. I still look at clothes and can see how they're made. That's why I like Linea clothes. He takes time to shape more to the female body.

Super Contributor

annabelle, I remember the episode you're referring to where Kini and Sean were paired up. I'd mentioned it in a previous thread, and occasional rain cleared it up for me. Sean had designed the blouse, but didn't have time to make it, so Kini executed the top. O.R. I too thought that Sean should've mentioned that tidbit.

I've posted this before, but,...over time I've become less & less of a Tim Gunn fan. He's lost his luster for me, and has become a caricature of his former self.

The old TG was a gentle, charming mentor. The new one? Not so much.

The new version of TG sharply criticizes, like calling a design "butt ugly", and has even used the [newly popular] "V" word. Tacky! And these days he steers the designers in a totally different direction. "Lose the fringe!" to Char, and telling Kini to change the design of the skirt. How is that mentoring?

Speaking of Char. Yes, she seems 'nice', but IMO she should've been sent home and not be chosen to show at fashion week. She's out of her league.

I couldn't stand Korina! (Though loved her blanket coat.)

Trusted Contributor

I do not think Amanda or Char should be in the finale. I have not liked one of Amanda's designs. Her dress this week to me looked like a sack.

The skirt Char made was too much with all the patches on it.

I think that I may be losing interest as the designers this season were just not wowing me like in previous seasons. I do think Kini's red dress was stunning.

I am not a fan of Zach Posen. I wish Michael Kors was back.

I think I still watch because I really like Tim Gunn.

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/12/2014 Sabatini2 said:

I've posted this before, but,...over time I've become less & less of a Tim Gunn fan. He's lost his luster for me, and has become a caricature of his former self.

(On iPhone, so I apologize if formatting off.). Cannot agree more about Tim Gunn. To me, he has become the mouthpiece for the less than stellar producers. Take the Under the Gunn show - I can't remember the details, but there was a young designer that appeared to be getting picked on. Comments on Facebook were brutal complaining about her treatment. When she was finally eliminated, the comments were so bad that Tim posted how upset he was WITH US and that we didn't know the whole story, that she had kept the designers waiting, etc etc. On that show, the mentors also often had to choose who to eliminate - even though Tim has previously said that it is not a mentor's place to do that. Left a bad taste - this show was his brand; if there was something wrong with what was being shown, he should speak up. This was after his defense of the judges - vehemently stating that the judges show no favoritism during the last reunion show. Definitely don't look at him the same (plus, his comments are often the opposite of what the judges are looking for.)
Honored Contributor

I am horrified that Char made it to the finals. IMO she wouldn't be there without Tim's saving her which I think was a HUGE error on his part and I've always loved Tim.

Honored Contributor

I agree. I don't think Amanda or Char should be in the finals. I think I'm going to be very upset if either one of them wins. That's what I think.

Super Contributor

On 10/15/2014 Alter Ego said:
On 10/12/2014 Sabatini2 said:

(On iPhone, so I apologize if formatting off.). Cannot agree more about Tim Gunn. To me, he has become the mouthpiece for the less than stellar producers. Take the Under the Gunn show - I can't remember the details, but there was a young designer that appeared to be getting picked on. Comments on Facebook were brutal complaining about her treatment. When she was finally eliminated, the comments were so bad that Tim posted how upset he was WITH US and that we didn't know the whole story, that she had kept the designers waiting, etc etc. On that show, the mentors also often had to choose who to eliminate - even though Tim has previously said that it is not a mentor's place to do that. Left a bad taste - this show was his brand; if there was something wrong with what was being shown, he should speak up. This was after his defense of the judges - vehemently stating that the judges show no favoritism during the last reunion show. Definitely don't look at him the same (plus, his comments are often the opposite of what the judges are looking for.)

Alter Ego, ITA! Under the Gunn was sometimes maddening to watch, and was the final nail in the coffin for me. (But still, I watch.)

Do you remember how Tim sat one of the mentors down (Nick Verreos) to tell him to back off from doing too much for his team, and scolded him for steering them in different directions? At this point, Tim ought to take his own advice.

I do remember that reunion show you mentioned. When one of the contestants said that the judges showed favoritism, I'd bet that A LOT of people agreed at the time. It was obvious that Mondo and Anya's teams were favored. Tim really got angry about that comment.

Under the Gunn changed the way I looked at other people too. Before UTG, I'd been a huge fan of Mondo, but in that show he came across as a nasty, superior snot, and I changed my mind.

Trusted Contributor

I just do not get Amanda's designs at all. Most are not flattering.

I too did not like Mondo after that under the Gunn show. I was never a fan of Anya. I still

can't believe she won her season.

I have always thought the judges play favorites. The way this season started I thought Sandjya was going to win. They carried on about her so much. Her first design looked like a ripped up dress. And they were carrying on like crazy people over it.

Super Contributor

On 10/16/2014 lenapecci said:

I just do not get Amanda's designs at all. Most are not flattering.

I too did not like Mondo after that under the Gunn show. I was never a fan of Anya. I still can't believe she won her season.

I have always thought the judges play favorites. The way this season started I thought Sandjya was going to win. They carried on about her so much. Her first design looked like a ripped up dress. And they were carrying on like crazy people over it.

Me either! I remember that one of the other designers complained that during their entire season, never once did Anya create a design with sleeves, and claimed it was because she didn't know how.

Lots of viewers noticed that Anya's designs were very much like Uli's (a designer from one of the earlier seasons) , who used to be criticized for being a one-trick-pony. The majority of Uli's dresses were long, flowing halter dresses, but when Anya's season rolled around and she did the same thing time after time, the judges fawned all over her. It was weird and such a double standard.

But, we have a show tonight!