Respected Contributor

Project Runway: 10/9 episode (spoilers)

Sad that Emily didn't make it, although she was very gracious about it. If she would have paid attention to what Sam was doing with the redo, she may have stayed over Char. Thankfully the drama with Korina turned out to be nothing. She actually was honest about not being able to help as much as she should have. Tim is really out of step with the judges. He told Kini to amp up his skirt and the judges told Kini that it would have looked better if it was plain, the way he had it in the first place and Tim didn't speak up about it. I have seen the final collections already and none of them are really exciting. I am guessing Sean ends up winning.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Project Runway: 10/9 episode (spoilers)

Honestly, for all the times Tim gives them good advice, he also gives them bad. I think it was even the week before that the designer didn't make Tim's changes to earn raves from the judges. Tim even commented to the judges that he didn't think they would like it and he told the designer to change it.

As nice as Char is, she doesn't deserve to be in the final 4. Frankly, I wish Tim hadn't used his save on her. Would have liked him to use on Fade.

Honored Contributor

I agree with Alter regarding Char. I don't understand why she didn't get eliminated. I just wanted it On Demand and I thought for sure she was going to get eliminated then I was running out of time (and bored) and FF over it and the next thing I know Tim is coming in and telling Emily good-bye.

As far as Tim's 'input' I thought they were ignored anyway. What was done to that skirt was already done and said, "I'm leaving it like it is".

Honored Contributor

Anyone notice Tim has even stated that he's unclear about the judges' viewpoint (I know he made the remark at least once regarding Sandhya's designs)? I'll admit I'm a big fan of his, and I think the editing of the show doesn't allow us to hear everything he says to the designers or to the judges. I've read that his workroom critiques actually go on for hours, and who knows how long the judges take in deliberating. For all we know, he did tell them he advised Kini's skirt change.

In general, I think he does a good job (especially looking over all the seasons) and his advice is pretty good, considering the fact that the judges do tend to be unpredictable (to put it mildly{#emotions_dlg.laugh}).

I'm on the fence about Char. She came up with a great dress in that hour challenge in the last episode. I think I need to go to the website and see if they have the original casting videos, to see what her designs looked like prior to the show. No doubt, the judges have that in mind when making final decisions. The far-out challenges and the time limits do seem to be the downfall of some otherwise fine designers.

cosmic1, I'm leaning toward Sean as the winner, too.Smile

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

Korinna certainly showed her true colors! She is very self entitled, bitter and angry! I am SO glad the judges eliminated her. Her whining did nothing to win them over. Nina was not buying it!! I think she is a one trick pony with her southwest blanket coats. So boring and one dimensional. Reunion episode should be entertaining!
Honored Contributor

I was curious about Sean so I looked him up. He had some ummmmm interesting designs before this show.

I wanted to see how these people were chosen. He's come a long way since the beginning. I've always felt Heidi liked his designs more often than the others.

I missed the episode where Korinna went bonkers. What happened? Why did they argue? I couldn't believe she just walked out.

I wonder if she will be brought back in other episodes. You never know. I think they do things like that to create drama.

Esteemed Contributor

I think Sean will win, too. But that white thing he won with this week....OMG. I totally did not get that. It was so hideous, who would wear that anywhere? The back was shorter than the front and the slit up the back...what did the model have under that? Am I so out of step thinking this was a joke? On the other hand that red gown Kini did was so beautiful. It was something that had been done before but the cut and the way it fit the model was just stunning.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

I'd wear Kini's red dress in a heartbeat. He is the one to beat in the finale though I like Amanda also. Char should have left ages ago; she can't sew for anything it seems. She sure didn't listen to Tim when he told her to leave the pocket off. I would never wear that skirt even if I was thin enough to wear it.

Emily was so classy in leaving and even though her outfit was boring I would have liked her to be in the finale. Sean's was just so crisp and I actually liked it.

Respected Contributor

Zac seems to be overly enamored of Sean's designs too. They love Kini's construction, but he may suffer from all the extra time when everyone else should be able to step up their game in the construction area. I don't see what the judges see in a lot of Amanda's looks either. I would have preferred that Fade was saved too. I liked his designs and felt that he should have been in the top for many challenges.
Esteemed Contributor

On 10/11/2014 annabellethecat said:

I was curious about Sean so I looked him up. He had some ummmmm interesting designs before this show.

I wanted to see how these people were chosen. He's come a long way since the beginning. I've always felt Heidi liked his designs more often than the others.

I missed the episode where Korinna went bonkers. What happened? Why did they argue? I couldn't believe she just walked out.

I wonder if she will be brought back in other episodes. You never know. I think they do things like that to create drama.

It was almost a non-event. Frankly, I agree that it was done to create drama.

Are you talking about the recent episode? In addition to a street style look, the designers needed to choose an eliminated design and recreate it. Char chose Korina's because it had the most fabric. It was later revealed that the designers would have to work with the eliminated designer. Korina was not happy when she walked in and, when she was paired with Char, she told Tim that she didn't feel like she would do a good job. Immature, maybe. But she WAS just eliminated the night before in spectacularly dramatic fashion. Tim asked her if she would like to leave and she said yes.

Here's where I call producer manipulation. (1) Isn't it unusual not to have the other designers there when they are choosing designer help? Seemed very set up. (2) More importantly, the order of the designers brought back was odd. It wasn't the last few eliminated designers, but Korina - skipped Alexander - and then the order going back to Mitchell. I think they didn't intend (rightly) to bring back the designer that was just eliminated the night before. But, the thought of bringing Korina back for the drama was just too much to pass up. Alexander was quickly brought in to take her place.