Honored Contributor

Project Runway 10/19 Spoiler

The designers are getting fewer in number and it won't be long to see the finale (my favorite part).  I feel this is really an enjoyable program and I hope it continues to have years of success as long as Heidi wants to host.  I enjoy the fashion show at the end of each program.  To think the designers have only one day to come up with an idea and pick the fabrics and sew.  It is impressive.  I thought the Japanese guy should have gone home tonight because his outfit was beyond tacky and the hairdo -- OMG!

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: Project Runway 10/19 Spoiler

I loved Ayana's dress.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately, the sponsors have taken over and it's become more of a commercial than a competition between designers. The unconventional material challenges are more craft than fashion. I want to see fashion not glued together junk. One a season is more than enough.

Esteemed Contributor

Did I read it right at the end that Michael passed away?  That is really sad.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, Mychael Knight from season 3 I believe. So sad. He had IBS. He seemed so nice and everyone seem to like him. 

There’s another thread on this. 

Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

Did I read it right at the end that Michael passed away?  That is really sad.

It is not the one that has been on this season. He was on several season ago and passed away from a stomach ailment.

Respected Contributor

Nena and Zach keep talking about how this is suppose to be high fashion and I haven't seen any of that yet. I would like to see them create some real designs like a ball gown or wedding dress. Things that people would actually wear and purchase. Not just wait until the runway show at the end to see a collection. I want to see real designs that are different and beautiful for the real world.

Trusted Contributor

• Spoiler
    I wish Tim Gunn used his save. They can only do so much in a day with plastic & pieces. 
Honored Contributor

@Kitlynn wrote:

Nena and Zach keep talking about how this is suppose to be high fashion and I haven't seen any of that yet. I would like to see them create some real designs like a ball gown or wedding dress. Things that people would actually wear and purchase. Not just wait until the runway show at the end to see a collection. I want to see real designs that are different and beautiful for the real world.

@Kitlynn, forgive me if I'm wrong but sounds like you haven't watched the show from day one.

I don't know that people "actually wear and purchase" ballgowns anymore but the very first season, which aired on Bravo and was produced by a different, better company, had a wedding gown challenge.  It's one of my favorites, they had to design the models' ideal wedding gown.

No one said it's supposed to be high fashion; it's not.  Most of all fashion is ready-to-wear.  Few designers get to design the beautiful dresses let alone avant garde.  

I suggest you watch the first five seasons, they will make you much happier than the stuff that's on now.

Honored Contributor

Mychael Knight passed away from complications of AIDS. 

He was a niche designer based in Atlanta and also had a line of underwear.  Few designers end up making a living designing under their own name so even though he was a small fish, he had an admirable career.