Honored Contributor

Re: Progressive commercial with Susan Lucci

[ Edited ]

@deedledeedeedle wrote:

I'll have to watch for it.

I love the Farmers Insurance ad with J K Simmons and the "billy goat ruffians." I just burst out laughing whenever I see it Woman LOL

dee

@deedledeedeedle

Here it is.............

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/wAoa/progressive-snapshot-the-turns-we-take-ending-2-ft-susan-lucci

The commercial is funny--- Susan Lucci took it to a higher level....LOL

It reminds me of the soap opera spoofs Carol Burnett used to do....My favorite of the farmers commercials is the dogs doing synchronized swimming....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chihuahuamom wrote:

Has anyone seen the new Progressive commerical spoofing "soap opera"  characters and then Susan Lucci appears in a red sparkly evening gown coming down a flight of stairs? I haven't seen her in so long---probably not since All My Children ended.  Does she ever age?  

Yes I saw it and it is a really funny commercial.  Don't see too many unique good commercials.  Susan Lucci looks wonderful.Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love this commercial, it's a hoot.  So random when she announces her news that she used all the cellular data, LOL.  

I liked the soap style commercials that Brooke Shields did for La Z Boy furniture too.  "Stavros"!!!

Honored Contributor

I just watched the link.  Funny I've seen that commercial several times but only noticed the first few seconds.  I never noticed the last part with Susan Lucia in it.  I think my brain automatically turns off of Progressive commercials.  Hate them.

Susan Lucia is one of the few people that seem to get thinner with age (after menopause) instead of fuller.  I'm sure exercise helps but I wonder if she purposely doesn't eat much or is genetically thin.  I think she's too thin.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Love the gown!

Honored Contributor

Looking good even though pushing 70 is her thing. What she's always been known for. Beauty that will never ever fade. If you noticed no close ups. I would guess she doesn't exceed 500 calories a day and she does that low impact pilanties program that she advertises.

More power to her wouldn't be that important to me I'd rather have a cheeseburger.