Esteemed Contributor

Have watched the 1st two episodes.  Interesting . The Father , Michael Sheen is a good actor .  Trying to remember if I've seen that other actor who is the son , Tom Payne in another show  prior to this one .

The  story is reminiscent of the  " Dexter " series that was  an acclaimed series.  The story of a  son who  is exposed to some  murder  and is  " saved " by a policeman who becomes a mentor . Also that he has a sister. The beginning of the series  which shows his morning routine   is a little reminiscent of the Dexter series too.

Looks there is alot more to learn as to what his night terrors are since he get's bits and glimpses of that lady in the trunk  .

Honored Contributor

@skatting44"son who is exposed to some murder"

Dexter is different.  TV version: 

He was born a sociopath.  As a witness to his mother's murder at 3 yrs of age, he was not traumatized but curious.  Harry found him playing in his mothers blood w/glee.

Harry (adoptive police father) recognized this & helped in channeling his murderous tendencies into vigilantism on criminals who slipped through the justice system.

Unknown if the book was the same.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Why is the father set up in a room w/a library, phone & other goodies instead of a cell w/bars?  He is only shackled when son visits.

Did I miss something and/or blinked too fast?

I checked the cliff notes but nothing was mentioned about that.

2nd episode:  The cell/room guard is giving reports to the boys mother?  Wonder how long this has been going on?

Regarding the "girl in the box."  Something tells me mommy was daddy's little helper.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

Why is the father set up in a room w/a library, phone & other goodies instead of a cell w/bars?  He is only shackled when son visits.

<snip>

The 1st time he visits, Malcolm asked his father the same question.  Had to look at the pilot again so I'd get it right::

"You'd be amazed at what our Saudi friends would pay a disgraced cardiothoracic surgeon."

Re: mother?  Yes, she's a piece of work and you may be right about her participation or at the least knowledge of hubby's "hobby".

Denise
Esteemed Contributor

monday nights episode was awful,   I hate snakes and didn't see that coming😳🙀. I was afraid I'd Have nightmares later!   I do however like the show,   It's different .   I wonder how the lady in the trunk will end up being about??   No more snakes though please😁. Wasn't Sheen  in the vampire movies with Kate Beckinsale?  

Honored Contributor

I am enjoying it, but I hope we don't have to see his waking up and morning routine every week.  

Esteemed Contributor

I saw the first episode, got halfway through the second and turned if off.  I thought th show had potential but gave up.  Doesn’t seem ‘real’ to me.  LM

Honored Contributor

This show reminds me of another show Hannibal ...from NBC about a criminal profiler with extraordinary skills almost like the Prodigal Son.

Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

I am enjoying it, but I hope we don't have to see his waking up and morning routine every week.  

Yea, it will be shown every week ... with him swallowing a hand full of pills

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Prodigal Son - new show

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac wrote:

2nd episode:  The cell/room guard is giving reports to the boys mother?  Wonder how long this has been going on?

Regarding the "girl in the box."  Something tells me mommy was daddy's little helper.

Good point , the Mother is a bite strange too . The actor who plays Malcom was in the Walking Dead . He played the character named Jesus .  I'm hoping  the series gets more into the plot lines and not just  scenes similar to what was in the movie Se7en .