Honored Contributor

Re: Pride and Predjudice movie with Kiera Knightly

I have seen it 100 times.  It's my favorite rainy Saturday movie.  LOVE!!!

Honored Contributor

I have watched this movie 30 gazillion times. I absolutely love it. 

When he’s walking through the field at daybreak.....swoon. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

No one will ever convince me that any version is better than the Colin Firth version. He IS and always will be Mr. Darcy. I didn't like the knightly movie at all.

Valued Contributor

@qualitygal

Oh, yes.  I could watch that on a loop with some of my other faves.  (If I had a loop - whatever that is  Smiley Happy  

Respected Contributor

I loved this version too and can't count how many times I've watched it.  

Respected Contributor

I realize this is an old thread, but some of you may also like the movie (and novel) "Atonement."  Keira Knightly, James McAvoy, Saoirse Ronan, Vanessa Redgrave, and others. I love this movie. 

"This sweeping English drama, based on the book by Ian McEwan, follows the lives of young lovers Cecilia Tallis (Keira Knightley) and Robbie Turner (James McAvoy). When the couple are torn apart by a lie constructed by Cecilia's jealous younger sister, Briony (Saoirse Ronan), all three of them must deal with the consequences."  (Google synopsis)

"Set in three time periods, 1935 England, Second World War England and France, and present-day England, it covers an upper-class girl's half-innocent mistake that ruins lives, her adulthood in the shadow of that mistake, and a reflection on the nature of writing."  (Wikipedia synopsis) 

♥ Life is beauty full ♥