Honored Contributor

Re: Pride and Predjudice movie with Kiera Knightly

Yes. Love the book too.

Contributor

First of all, I LOVE COLIN FIRTH in anything and everything. I love all 'period pieces' movies i.e. Jane Eyre, Pride & Prejudice, Downton Abbey, The Paradise. That time period is very interesting.

Honored Contributor

On 11/25/2014 travel diva said:

First of all, I LOVE COLIN FIRTH in anything and everything. I love all 'period pieces' movies i.e. Jane Eyre, Pride & Prejudice, Downton Abbey, The Paradise. That time period is very interesting.

Me too, but The Paradise, I'll need to check on. I don't know that one. Thanks.

Super Contributor

On 11/21/2014 qualitygal said:

I so love losing myself in this movie. Totally enjoy it. Love the time period and the English speaking (always has been a favorite of mine).

Just wondering if anyone else loves this movie the way I do.

The other one I like a lot is About Time. Both are love stories, and I just let go and enjoy!! I'm in another world, like a fly on the wall in love stories.

Anyone else, or am I out there on a limb?

If you are on a limb, I'm right there with you. Have always loved this movie and I can't even count the number of times I have watched it.

I have been a fan of Jane Austen for a long long time. Pride and Prejudice was the first of her novels and may I add the best, that I read.

Glad to see others like this movie as well.

VickiSmile

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I am a 'Pride and Prejudice' fan.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Contributor

Yes - I love the Keira Knightley version. And I like the final scene with the kiss, which was left out of the British version (?), I think.

Super Contributor

Loved the book and love the movie even more. I've lost count of how many times I've seen it!

Respected Contributor

I hate this version: Keira Knightly is hopelessly miscast.

Esteemed Contributor

FYI - The 1980 version of Pride and Prejudice is on Netflix, but it is expiring soon. It can be watched only through January 31.

Respected Contributor

I love both the 1995 PBS version starring Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle. I though no one could come up to their performances.  I was wrong Keira Knightly and Matthew Macfadyen were even more sensual than the first two.  Keira received a wholly deserved oscar nomination for her portrayal as Elizabeth Bennett. Macfadyen was just as good.  So was everyone else in the movie - it was well done. Joe Wright the director thought it was important to cast actors in the movie version the right age. Keira was only 20 and Macfadyen 28.  The movie version as well as the PBS TV version were both huge hits around the world.