Honored Contributor

Pride and Predjudice movie with Kiera Knightly

I so love losing myself in this movie. Totally enjoy it. Love the time period and the English speaking (always has been a favorite of mine).

Just wondering if anyone else loves this movie the way I do.

The other one I like a lot is About Time. Both are love stories, and I just let go and enjoy!! I'm in another world, like a fly on the wall in love stories.

Anyone else, or am I out there on a limb?

Regular Contributor

Re: Pride and Predjudice movie with Kiera Knightly

Love ,love that movie! I don't care for the other version that was on PBS.

I never heard of About Time, I'll look that up!

Trusted Contributor

I love both versions. Colin Firth made a dashing Mr. Darcy as well as Matthew Macfadyen

Honored Contributor

I love that version, not only is Matthew Macfadyen a wonderful Darcy but Donald Sutherland is fabulous as Mr Bennet. I just love the scene when he smiles as he realizes that Elizabeth really loves Darcy.

You know my other favorite adaptation is Bride and Prejudice with Aishwarya Rai, Naveen Andrews and Indira Varma.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Super Contributor

Oh yes! I could (and have) watched that movie numerous times. I haven't seen the one with Colin Firth. I am that way about the Twilight movies too (don't ask me why-I think it's just the romance thing).

Super Contributor

The newer version is okay, but Colin Firth will always be Mr. Darcy to me. I love that man.

Trusted Contributor

On 11/21/2014 jaxs mom said:

I love that version, not only is Matthew Macfadyen a wonderful Darcy but Donald Sutherland is fabulous as Mr Bennet. I just love the scene when he smiles as he realizes that Elizabeth really loves Darcy.

You know my other favorite adaptation is Bride and Prejudice with Aishwarya Rai, Naveen Andrews and Indira Varma.

I saw that version and did not like it as much as I had hoped to. It might have been better if it was not a musical, IMO. Aishwarya Rai is absolutely gorgeous though.

Honored Contributor

Well I love Bollywood so I enjoyed it.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

I really enjoyed the movie version better than the one on PBS. Colin Firth is the only actor I really liked on PBS. The actors in the movie were better casts. Again, JMO!

Super Contributor

I just love Pride and Prejudice! Read the book, it was great.