Respected Contributor

Pregnant character on Madam Secretary.

This is to the followers of Madam Secretary.   Do you think that the actress who plays the character of Daisy Grant is pregnant in real life?  They seem to have brought this pregnancy s/l in from out of the blue.

I noticed last evening that the actress looks a little more full in the face and seems to be wearing outfits that hide her mid-section.    It just seems a little odd that the writers would have her become pregnant with a character that was only on the show for just a few episodes.    That is why I tend to think that the actress is really pregnant and they had to quickly write that into the script.  

I really like both the character and the actress.  I like all the characters except the oldest daughter of Henry and Elizabeth.   For some reason I just don't care for her.  

Who is your favorite character on the show?

Honored Contributor

Re: Pregnant character on Madam Secretary.

Patina Miller/Daisy is pregnant in real life.  Her weight gain is very noticable.  I had already figured out, it was going to be part of the show.

My favorite character is Matt.

Hate the secretary's son.  He's a PITA.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@J Town Girl wrote:

This is to the followers of Madam Secretary.   Do you think that the actress who plays the character of Daisy Grant is pregnant in real life?  They seem to have brought this pregnancy s/l in from out of the blue.

I noticed last evening that the actress looks a little more full in the face and seems to be wearing outfits that hide her mid-section.    It just seems a little odd that the writers would have her become pregnant with a character that was only on the show for just a few episodes.    That is why I tend to think that the actress is really pregnant and they had to quickly write that into the script.  

I really like both the character and the actress.  I like all the characters except the oldest daughter of Henry and Elizabeth.   For some reason I just don't care for her.  

Who is your favorite character on the show?

@J Town Girl

I like how the writers delve into each character's life on this show  .... but not too much.    This is a good idea for a storyline for Daisy ....  so why not write it into the show?   A dead baby daddy (while Mom is pregnant) isn't done all that often.  

I've seen several shows over the years where the pregnancy is never mentioned ... they just use bulkier clothing, large bags, or different camera angles to ignore the actresses' growing mid sections.   First one to come to mind is Kerry Washington on Scandal.   

My favorite characters are Elizabeth and Henry .... it's not that often a show has an example of a solid marriage, in spite of all their work challenges, PLUS three teenagers.  

Trusted Contributor

my favorite character is blake. he's cute and funny!

Respected Contributor

The actress who plays Daisy is Patina Miller and she is pregnant.  The writers decided to write her pregnancy into the script.  I love Blake Moran and Nadine Tolliver.  I love this show and like most of the characters but Blake is truly my fav.  He is so quirky and funny!

Honored Contributor

Yes, I do think she's pregnant in real life.  I noticed that she had a big long scarf on during that episode....probably to hide that bump.   I don't know why they felt they had to include it in the storyline, they already have the baby thing covered with the guy who is divorced.  They don't need another baby.  We know it's all fiction, they could have put her in coats and ruanas the way Scandal did with Olivia.