Honored Contributor

Portrait painting British show

On You Tube of course, LOL.  Oh, I wish I were a natural painter (no classes).  

My mother could do that, and she was so good.  I wish her life would have allowed her the opportunity to go all out.  

Anyway, do any of you do portrait painting, or in pencil or any other medium?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Portrait painting British show

@qualitygal 

I've got to look up which show you mean! I get tired of watching Bob Ross!

I did 2 portraits eons ago -- one a charcoal/pencil sketch of Charles Ives (American composer) and an oil painting of a young Franz Liszt (Hungarian composer). Both were nicely done, capturing their essence.

My Liszt is totally gone (from a move)....and the Ives....If I can find the oversized book where I stored it, along with my tiger....

Do rabbits count? I also did an oil of Beatrix Potter's illustration of Peter not paying attention to his mother, as Flopsy, Mopsy & Cottentail was. This is hanging in my room, since I recently had it newly matted & framed.

Do you have any of your Mother's paintings? Who were her subjects?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Harpa   The only one she did was of her mother, and it was done in pencil.  To this day I wonder what she ever did with it.  It truly was wonderful.

Esteemed Contributor

In my teens and twenties I did a lot of art, including portraits in pencil, pen, acryillic, water colors and oil.  I took many classes and minored in it in college.  Life took over and I haven't done this for many years.  Recently came across an old sketchbook; I was pretty good!