Honored Contributor

Re: Popular, well-loved movies that you dislike

Not sure I liked the movie, but Brad Pitt was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen in "A River Runs Through it."

Honored Contributor

I've tried to watch Casablanca cause it's my son's favorite movie but don't think I ever got through the whole thing. It jsut seemed so boring and slow.

I didn't really like Wicked either.

I guess there are a lot I didn't like

and especially now with a lot that win

Oscars etc. I think it was an awful movie!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

@Shelbelle 

@Shelbelle wrote:

@itsmetoo wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

Please dont hate me, but for me it is Ghost. 

Animal House and The Sting, It's A Wonderful Life also come to mind. 

And as for stage shows, I really disliked Wicked and Rent. 

@Shelbelle 

I thought I was the only person alive who hated Wicked.  I love musicals and I have seen tons of them but couldn't stand that one.  Another musical I hated was CATS.  I won't even consider seeing the movie. 

As far as movies, The English Patient I thought was awful and the worse movie I have ever seen was Brother, Where Art Thou.

ITA, I am a Broadway musical lover since a child, but Wicked just didnt do it for me, nothing great about the music, story was very hard to follow. Pretty scenery. 

As far as Cats, they could not pay me to see that. And BTW, I also passed on Hamilton, i know that is not my cup of tea either.

@Shelbelle 

I couldn't agree more with everything you said.

Trusted Contributor

I just thought of another one that I heard raves about for years and years before I finally saw it.  I did not like Casablanca at all and don't understand all the hype about it.

Trusted Contributor

@Peaches McPhee 

I agree with The English Patient. I remember thinking, while watching the movie, "Will you die already?!?!"

Respected Contributor

The Sound of Music 

'Singing in the Rain

I guess I don't like musicals.
Maybe not appreciating them is a better way to put it.

Frequent Contributor

@luvmybeetle wrote:

I did not see this movie until later on in my life and people just drive me crazy asking why I haven't seen it.  Such a monumental movie.

Casablanca - did not like.  The story was good but, it just didn't move me.  I'm not a big fan of Humphrey Bogart so maybe that's it.  But I do like Ingrid Bergman.

@luvmybeetle  I was glad to see that someone else picked this movie for a did not like. My problem with this movie is getting started lol. I have tried to watch it twice in the past and just give up because I can't stay interested. I also agree with you about Humphrey Bogart.  One day I'll try again to see if I can make it to the end. 

Trusted Contributor

Stephen King movies.

Honored Contributor

Love Story.....so stupid and mello drama. Waa waa waa😭😭😭😭😭😭

Valued Contributor

Casablanca is my husband's favorite movie.

Have tried to watch with him several times, but always end up tuning out pretty early into it.