Honored Contributor

Re: Popular, well-loved movies that you dislike

[ Edited ]

@itsmetoo wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

Please dont hate me, but for me it is Ghost. 

Animal House and The Sting, It's A Wonderful Life also come to mind. 

And as for stage shows, I really disliked Wicked and Rent. 

@Shelbelle 

I thought I was the only person alive who hated Wicked.  I love musicals and I have seen tons of them but couldn't stand that one.  Another musical I hated was CATS.  I won't even consider seeing the movie. 

As far as movies, The English Patient I thought was awful and the worse movie I have ever seen was Brother, Where Art Thou.

ITA, I am a Broadway musical lover since a child, but Wicked just didnt do it for me, nothing great about the music, story was very hard to follow. Pretty scenery. 

As far as Cats, they could not pay me to see that. And BTW, I also passed on Hamilton, i know that is not my cup of tea either.

Respected Contributor

I did not see this movie until later on in my life and people just drive me crazy asking why I haven't seen it.  Such a monumental movie.

Casablanca - did not like.  The story was good but, it just didn't move me.  I'm not a big fan of Humphrey Bogart so maybe that's it.  But I do like Ingrid Bergman.

Frequent Contributor

Star Wars

Valued Contributor

Roma...it was like watching paint dry! BleckWoman Indifferent

Valued Contributor

The Notebook

It' A Wonderful Life

Gone With The Wind

All Star War Movies

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@denisemb wrote:

Oooooh, thought of another that some consider the best movie of all time.  I've tried several times to get through it and failed.

Citizen Kane

I fell asleep during Citizen Kane during my film class and wasn't terribly impressed either, @denisemb. I much preferred RKO 281, the 1999 movie about the making of Citizen Kane (RKO Production Number 281). It's not a documentary, but it's based on the real story of how William Randolph Hearst tried to stop the production and release of Citizen Kane and how obsessed Orson Welles was with finishing the film.

Honored Contributor

Titanic - too long

White Christmas - not much Christmas in it and that song 'Sisters' makes me want to barf.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Add me to the It's a Wonderful Life naysayers, was tepid about Gone with the Wind... and among many others: Clockwork Orange, 2001 A Space Odyssey, and Last Tango in Paris... Didn't think any of them justified the press at the time... There are also some actors I just don't care for, so don't rush to see their movies...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Absolutely, the first one that comes to mind is all of the Star Wars movies.

I can't stand them.  I've sat through a few of them and never again.

The other one is all of the Hunger Games. 

I can't stand either one of those!

Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe -

I did like watching Gone with the Wind but enjoyed your despcription of the characters!

And you are right on!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"