Honored Contributor

I had this program on for a few minutes and I had to change the channel.  It is disgusting what these people are doing to their dogs.  I think it is cruel and not cute.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I don't

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Regular Contributor

I agree. I'm surprised the animal cruelty groups haven't gotten this program kicked off the air.

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I had this program on for a few minutes and I had to change the channel.  It is disgusting what these people are doing to their dogs.  I think it is cruel and not cute.

I agree.  Those poor dogs have to suffer these idiot people while they color them and use them as props in a movie.

Esteemed Contributor

I could not agree with you more. Those poor animals. What did they do to deserve being treated like that? It's not cute, fun or entertaining. I couldn't watch it either. 

Respected Contributor

I have watched every show and I see nothing but calm, happy dogs that show no stress whatsoever.  No one is a bigger animal advocate than me...trust me on that one.  

Respected Contributor

The dogs aren't being mistreated on Pooch Perfect, it's just applied decorations & spray color that washes out. Dogs are constantly groomed, posed, strutted, judged during a professional Dog Show & viewers love it & owners dress them up in all kinds of outfits-costumes so I really don't understand the criticism. The truth is if a dog doesn't want to do something they won't.

Respected Contributor

@kitcat51 perfectly stated. Think about all the rescue pets that get zero attention and as far as I'm concerned, that show looks like going to the spa to me!  

Respected Contributor

Re: Pooch Perfect

[ Edited ]

@BornToShop wrote:

@kitcat51 perfectly stated. Think about all the rescue pets that get zero attention and as far as I'm concerned, that show looks like going to the spa to me!  

@BornToShop 

@Katcat1 

I agree with both of you and have no qualms about watching this show.  They are getting a lot of attention and the dogs don't seem to mind it.  I don't see squirmy dogs and they just love the baths and grooming.  One dog just kept kissing the contestant and I thought it was adorable.

Nice to see positive posts since I saw enough bad ones on the show's FB page about cruelty, etc.

EDITED:  I don't agree with the judges with the first challenges it seems with who they like or the eliminations so far.  LOL

Honored Contributor

Re: Pooch Perfect

[ Edited ]

I don't believe the dogs like standing for hours.  Dogs aim to please, and will do what their owners ask of them.  Dogs may not want to do or like to do what is asked of them, but they will do it to please their owners.  This show is just more animal exploitation, nothing new, but there should be a law against it, fat chance.