Honored Contributor

Just watched a special about the making of Poldark or Poldar revealed?  Anyway it was really good.  I think i will start reading the books.  I am sure this is no surprise to all of you Poldark fans.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I love Poldark and am anxious for the latest season to start. Hope its soon. I am an avid reader so that sounds like a plan for me too, to read the books!

Honored Contributor

@bmorechick wrote:

I love Poldark and am anxious for the latest season to start. Hope its soon. I am an avid reader so that sounds like a plan for me too, to read the books!

My friend just told me there are twelve.  Also on the special the author's son was reading from some of the books.  Very cool.

Honored Contributor

The release in the US is scheduled near the end of 2019 but no definite date has been set.  In 2018 it was September so I'm guessing the series finale will be sometime in the fall.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

Just watched a special about the making of Poldark or Poldar revealed?  Anyway it was really good.  I think i will start reading the books.  I am sure this is no surprise to all of you Poldark fans.Smiley Happy

It's good to know the Poldark series will continue...after watching previous seasons I am hooked and think they had one of the best storylines. I can only imagine what the last season will be like and can't wait!

Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919  Yes, I saw it!  I saw it maybe way earlier last year.

It is interesting.  In the show I saw (if it's the same) they delved somewhat into the author and how he came to write Poldark.

For those who haven't seen it, I agree with the OP, it is worth watching.  I think it explains some things, at least, for me, it did.