Esteemed Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

@Snoopygrl wrote:

I read the books also and they were fantastic.  Winston Graham was such a wonderful writer.  I would start a book and could not put it down until I read the entire thing.  

I read the books as well. I like Winston Graham's writing. Horsfield did a fair adaptation the first season then she went rogue the second and has continued since. Her writing is mediocre, can't compare to W G.

@occasionalrain wrote:

@Snoopygrl wrote:

I read the books also and they were fantastic.  Winston Graham was such a wonderful writer.  I would start a book and could not put it down until I read the entire thing.  

I read the books as well. I like Winston Graham's writing. Horsfield did a fair adaptation the first season then she went rogue the second and has continued since. Her writing is mediocre, can't compare to W G.

@occasionalrainI haven't read the books, but I'd been wondering how closely Horsfield was following them.  Love your phrase "went rogue."

She can't go too far off track without affecting future events and the whole story.

I did like the ending...glad they were in each other's arms, maybe knowing but understanding and forgiving what each had done.

Was sad that it was the last episode for awhile.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

Re: I liked the season finale, but I have just a few question...

Ross betrayed her in the worst way, and even now he doesn't treat her that well. It wasn't right, but I can't blame her for wanting to feel special, when she knows her husband loves another.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Re: I liked the season finale, but I have just a few question...

Ross is a snob and tries to prove he's not. To him Elizabeth is of higher quality than Demelza. He never speaks to Elizabeth as he does to Delmelza. He failed to see Hugh's interest in Demelza until it was blatant because he wouldn't think someone like Hugh would be interested in her.

He refuses to blame Elizabeth for giving control of Trenwith and his aunt to George when she is the one responsible. 

Trusted Contributor

I really like this show.  I missed the entire first season, but have seen seasons 2 and 3.  So glad to hear there will be a Season 4.

But I wonder, why on earth did Elizabeth marry George?  He is so cold hearted and mean, and she seems to be a much kinder person.  Wasn't Elizabeth the one with the money, so why would she marry George, and let him treat her Aunt so horribly.  No furneral service for her, either?  And buried in a paupers grave?  Wouldn't have that caused alot of gossip?

Love this series, will be a long wait til the next season.

Frequent Contributor

The Aunt was not Elizabeth’s. It is actually Ross’s Aunt and (I believe) either Francis’s mother or Aunt.  She has always lived in that house. George hated her and she hated him.  I can’t exactly remember, but something happened to whatever money Francis had (George had his hands in that), so that is why Elizabeth married him.  She felt she had no choice to continue the life she and her son had been accustomed to.

Frequent Contributor

I also couldn’t figure out why Rowena’s sister was going after the Vicar. Thank you for clearing that up.  What a terrible character he is. 

I can can hardly wait for the next season.