Super Contributor

I discovered the PBS show, Poldark recently. I am now watching season 3. Aiden Turner....yes, please!!!!! I have enjoyed the storyline.

Did this show run for 5 seasons or just four seasons? Is it it still running currentky?

Trusted Contributor

So far, only 4 seasons. I am not sure if it will get new episodes in 2019.  Everything you might want to know about this series’s quite well covered here, including summaries of each year’s series and episodes. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poldark_(2015_TV_series)

It’s a very entertaining historical drama with romance, intrigue, and political viewpoints well developed. I hope you enjoy it in the order it was released so there is cohesion. 

Honored Contributor

@Shiloh09 wrote:

I discovered the PBS show, Poldark recently. I am now watching season 3. Aiden Turner....yes, please!!!!! I have enjoyed the storyline.

Did this show run for 5 seasons or just four seasons? Is it it still running currentky?

Aiden Turner, ❤️❤️❤️❤️

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

One piece of trivia, in the first season, the actor who played the judge in the trial of the young man who was the poacher, is Robin Ellis who played the original Poldark.  This is the second go round of this series on PBS. The original one was probably 30 years ago.

Respected Contributor

I have really enjoyed this show.   Season 5 is supposed to air on the BBC sometime this year but I could not find exact airdates yet.  Speculation is that there will be a time jump as in the Poldark books. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Shiloh09 

I have tried to watch this as I saw the older, original version and loved it.  But, I just couldn't get into it.

The first Poldark seems very unpolished compared to the new one, but it was very entertaining.  I've seen it on DVD.

"A sensation on Masterpiece in the 1970s, this spellbinding saga tells the story of the dashing Captain Ross Poldark (Robin Ellis, The Good Soldier) and his ever-changing fortunes. Based on the novels by Winston Graham, these two classic miniseries teem with daring deeds and romance, all set against the spectacular backdrop of the ruggedly beautiful Cornish coast."

Trusted Contributor

I have only watch the new podark and love it,hoping new episodes will come soon,other than england getting new ones will we?tucka.

Respected Contributor

The mid 70's show ended with the death of Elizabeth & this modern version is getting its final season picking up following her death.

Honored Contributor

Masterpiece PBS confirmed that season 5 has wrapped filming and will be the final season.  There's a 15 year gap in the books after this season, so they're not saying they wouldn't come back in several years and film another season, but somehow I doubt it.

I always ask my friends in England, when any of these series show there, because I know we'll get it afterward but, so far, no sign of "Poldark", although it's supposed to air sometime this year.

I love both versions, the old and the new.