Respected Contributor

I always enjoyed watching Pokdark but lately, not so much. Maybe it will pick up again.

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Honored Contributor

It's those brothers, the writing, casting, and acting. PBS's editing doesn't help either.

I could not care less about those two. What was Delmaza thinking? She just got free of her zealot father and then burdens herself, Ross, and her neighbors with her brothers, one a zealot like her father and the other a trouble maker. 

Honored Contributor

I confess, I'm shallow. Good or bad I watch for Aiden Turner. He was awful to Demelza, but like l said shallow. LOL

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Well she got even times two with those brothers. 

Aidan did a bit of modeling for Dunhill of London fall and winter ad campaign. Have you seen them?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I had asked on the other thread ,how are you liking this season so far? I don't know exactly what it is but ,some how not as good so far, one thing is  his feelings for elizabeth is getting old.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Frequent Contributor

I also watch for Aiden Turner (and I’m 72–shame on me lol). I think Elizabeth will become an addict from whatever they gave her to calm her.  The two brothers and the man with the beard that was with them remind me of the Darryl’s on Newhart.  It’s basically a soap opera but I do enjoy it.

Super Contributor

Poldark is not as great as it was in the first season (Ditto for Outlander, do any of you watch that?).  HOWEVER, it is still entertaining and better than most of the stuff on TV these days.  

I didn't read the books or watch the original series, so I don't know what happens - but I hope the Righteous Brothers leave the story eventually.  How boring are they?  One smiles non stop and the other needs to put a cork in it with his proseltyzing.  George is deliciously evil and I love that character - along with the evil uncle.  Dr. Ennis is gorgeous, along with Caroline - so I wish they were a bigger part of the story line. Aidan and Elinor are still wonderful together -  It's all about the pretty for me - so I don't appreciate that pirate character and his teeth!  I need to look away when he is on.  It's all frothy, soapy fun.

Honored Contributor

I watched the original Poldark way back and I am enjoying the current Poldark.  Not all episodes keep up the excellent pace and maybe the characters aren't up to par.  But it is still an excellent show compared to most of what is presented on tv called drama.  I love the settings, the acting and the way I am completely attentive to the show.  It is a great escape for me and I can't say that about too many shows I watch. Just my opinion.

Honored Contributor

I've read the books and, unless the writer, producers realize the brothers and their love life, preaching are unpopular, they'll stay around. Hopefully, their parts will be reduced. Casting apparently thought them hot, there not.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm getting caught up. Would like to see it move along more quickly. I laugh when I see the horses go back and forth across the ocean cliffs. Did SNL have a skit about Poldark -- horses riding back and forth? Or maybe that was the SNL skit in my head. I do like several PBS series.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau