Honored Contributor

@HiLo  she died from cancer. Her name was something like Anhared Rees, not sure of the spelling, but, I think she was Welsh

Esteemed Contributor

I don't know that I've seen the first series.  If I did, it didn't make any kind of an impression on me.

I understand the series is from a series of novels by Winston Graham.  Yet these episodes are being written by Debbie Horsfield.  I wonder how far from the original story she goes.

Keepin' it real.
Super Contributor

Wow. Just WOW. 

Honored Contributor

I didn't see the previous production but have read that Winston Graham hated it. I have seen pictures of Ross and Demalza from it. The vast difference in height was off putting, she looked like his child

Esteemed Contributor

My memory has gone. Could someone please tell me when Poldark is on ?  I have looked at it all this year and the last. Thank you. I want to circle it in my tv guide.   

Respected Contributor

@halfpint1 wrote:

My memory has gone. Could someone please tell me when Poldark is on ?  I have looked at it all this year and the last. Thank you. I want to circle it in my tv guide.   

@halfpint1@ It's on tonight @9:00 on PBS/WNET. That's in NYC. 

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you very much Coquille. I just didn't remember it is on a pbs station. I am in So. Cal.

Trusted Contributor

I am such a huge fan of this series. Got into it this past year and was able to watch a lot of the earlier episodes to catch up from previous seasons. Never saw the original series. I do know that  on Amazon you can order the entire Winston Graham "Poldark" books at a very reasonable price. Need to go look at that set. I am sure they are "grittier" than what is shown on television. 

An amazing difference that 35 pounds can make! 

Another series I am loving is "The Durrells of Corfu". Very quirky and enjoyable. PBS has such quality programming. 

Respected Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

Have you seen a picture of the vile Rev. Whitworth out of makeup? Christian Brassington.  Amazing transformation!  He did gain weight (35#) for the part.  

I did see this pic and thought it was a mistake! The real life actor is yummy, Ossie not so much. Not sad to see him "dragged away". Poor Morwenna Smiley Sad