Respected Contributor

Personally I have enjoyed both versions.  The older one was many years ago so I barely remembered the story.

Esteemed Contributor

What a difference.....thanks for that info.....like the series

alot.....

Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@esmerelda, isn’t that amazing???  I saw it before and I was shocked.  I am sure his sleazy personality did a lot to color my thinking of him as well.  LM

@Lilysmom  I agree with you. I used to feel sorry for the actress playing his wife but upon seeing his real life picture now - wow, not so much. 😃

Respected Contributor

Wow! He's very good looking. What a difference 35lbs make.I never would have quessed they're the same person.

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Respected Contributor

I’ve seen other pictures of him not as the Vicar and I think he is very handsome. I read an online article that he had to gain so much weight for the character, but a lot of it was muscle. They tried to beef up his muscles as well I guess to balance him out. Also, he is actually married to the actress who plays Morwenna.

Love me some Poldark

Esteemed Contributor

@bmorechick You are mistaken re: his wife. I read today his wife has a part in the PBS series The Durrells in Corfu. I don’t watch it so who she plays didn’t mean anything to me and I don’t remember. 

Keepin' it real.
Valued Contributor

I will miss the vicar; he was my favorite character. He was so awful.

Honored Contributor

@Highlands72 Yes, loved the miffed looks he got. It was hard to care about Morwenna, so spineless and woe begone. Her sister was the opposite and more than a match for the vicar.

I think Drake and Sam were miscast, there is nothing hot or appealing about either of them. One should have been a ginger.

Honored Contributor

Re: Poldark fans

[ Edited ]

I caught last weeks  show last night ,glad he is dead,the character that is , mowenna needs to get real,grow some back bone.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@cherry wrote:

For some reason I just can't get into this Poldark series. I guess I just prefer the first one that was made

I thought it was grittier and somehow  it struck me as more how the times would have looked, and sounded

I liked the first series cast far better

The first cast was definitely superior.in my opinion. I particularly liked the first Demelza (sp) so much more than the present one....she was a tiny little thing;so charming but  determined as you would expect a woman of her background to be.,I recently read an article about the original series and the Brits who replied whole heartedly agreed.