Respected Contributor

Poldark—do not read if you haven’t seen last episode!

[ Edited ]
Spoiler
Why did  George rescue Ross?  Did this happen in the book?  
Respected Contributor

Re: Poldark—do not read if you haven’t seen last episode!

[ Edited ]

I can’t believe it’s over. What a great series. Between football all day and Poldark at night Sunday was my favorite TV day.  I am going to read the books.  Wishing for more seasons.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shawnie  I didn't read the books and I don't know the answer to your other question.  From what I've read here before, the story has moved away from that in the books.

I have my own question.  Who is the Keren Daniel person that Dr. Enys was involved with...and was it AFTER he and Caroline were married?

I thought Caroline looked especially nice this season.  I think it was the different hairstyle.

Keepin' it real.
Frequent Contributor

I loved this series and am so sorry to see it end. I would also like to know who the person was that Caroline said Dwight had an indiscretion with.  I have no recollection of that.  My PBS was having their fund raiser and the woman who was introducing the last episode said that this season was not taken from the books.

Honored Contributor

Karen Daniels was before Dwight met Caroline. Karen was married but went after Dwight and her husband found out and killed her. He, with Ross's help, escaped to France to avoid being arrested and hanged. 

Respected Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:
Spoiler

———————————

I just finished watching this. George was not rescuing Ross so much as acting as a patriot so the information collected would get to the government. 

I sure didn’t remember that early plot line with Dwight having an affair with a married woman. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

SPOILER 
I was a little disappointed this season. My favorite scene tonight: the surprise turnaround (temporarily) of George Warleggan when he helps Ross. I felt the Valentine story line was not satisfying in tonight's final episode. Valentine seemed to love his "Uncle Ross" so much. Morwenna's first child is still not with his mother either, even though she now has a daughter. Geoffrey-Charles and his first love? Is it truly over? Lots of loose ends. I loved the very theatrical scene with the ghost (or vision) of Elizabeth entering Trenwith one final time. I missed Elizabeth this year, and think her death at the end of last season made the storyline less interesting. I don't think many of us would be disappointed if there happens to be a sequel somewhere in the future. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed the series. 

Honored Contributor

@tucsongal wrote:

@Shawnie wrote:
Spoiler

———————————

I just finished watching this. George was not rescuing Ross so much as acting as a patriot so the information collected would get to the government. 

I sure didn’t remember that early plot line with Dwight having an affair with a married woman. 

He also did it to save his own reputation.  He didn't want Merceron and Hanson revealing that he had been treated for "lunacy".

But I agree that George was a loyal Englishman beneath it all.  Better to save Ross, and with it his country and his own position, than to have those two win out and the consequences of that.

Respected Contributor

It was nice to see Robin Ellis again, who played Ross Poldark in the 1970's series, towards the end of the episode as a judge or whatever it was pronouncing that Merceron would be locked up for a long time.

Honored Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

It was nice to see Robin Ellis again, who played Ross Poldark in the 1970's series, towards the end of the episode as a judge or whatever it was pronouncing that Merceron would be locked up for a long time.

@aubnwa01 

I thought it was one of the better scenes in the episode, with the two Ross Poldarks together.  When Aidan Turner smiled at Robin Ellis, it was so genuine--like it was Aidan Turner himself, not his character, paying respect to his fellow Ross Poldark.  Likewise with Robin Ellis.